[APP] [v1.5.1] Flowly for Android™

Search This thread

bangishotyou

Dec 27, 2011
South Texas
Awesome!

Just saw this on the Portal, read up on it rather quickly. Jumped over to the Play Store link and installed it. Started playing with it pretty quickly and was blown away in seconds. Everything I'm interested in all in one convenient place!

This app is simply the best! And it is definitely a looker! Well done!

Line.Dev

Dec 1, 2013
Berlin
www.cyanogemod-forum.de
Just saw this on the Portal, read up on it rather quickly. Jumped over to the Play Store link and installed it. Started playing with it pretty quickly and was blown away in seconds. Everything I'm interested in all in one convenient place!

This app is simply the best! And it is definitely a looker! Well done!

Thank you very much for the nice words :=)

mrdoug

Jun 11, 2013
Any missing feeds I should add with next update?

Wanted to read through the full forum before I installed, so I haven't tried it yet. I noticed this post. Looking at the list on Google play, compared to what I personally read, I don't see anything for android games. I currently follow (in feedly, so they have an RSS stream) droid gamers.

Also, I find some stories on Android spin personally useful. Of course, you'll probably see a lot of redundancy here (and with most news sites).

Now to download the app. Thanks! :)

Sent from my secret lair in an undisclosed mountainside.

Line.Dev

Dec 1, 2013
Berlin
www.cyanogemod-forum.de
Wanted to read through the full forum before I installed, so I haven't tried it yet. I noticed this post. Looking at the list on Google play, compared to what I personally read, I don't see anything for android games. I currently follow (in feedly, so they have an RSS stream) droid gamers.

Also, I find some stories on Android spin personally useful. Of course, you'll probably see a lot of redundancy here (and with most news sites).

Now to download the app. Thanks! :)

Sent from my secret lair in an undisclosed mountainside.

Hi mrdoug,

will add Droid Gamers and Android Spin in tomorrows update! :)
Thank you.

3DSammy

May 5, 2011
Toronto
Just installed and added the widget to my Nexus 10 main desktop. If I had one request it would be for a scrolling widget with the most recent articles first. I find that more functional than the "^" icon.

Thanks for this great addition to my tech news reading.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app

Line.Dev

Dec 1, 2013
Berlin
www.cyanogemod-forum.de
Just installed and added the widget to my Nexus 10 main desktop. If I had one request it would be for a scrolling widget with the most recent articles first. I find that more functional than the "^" icon.

Thanks for this great addition to my tech news reading.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app

Hi Sammy,

I noted that down, the Widget is still in Beta and not fully working tho. :)

Greetings

nycwtod

Oct 17, 2010
Great app. Very nice looks.

Couple of suggestions: Add pull-down to refresh and add support for immersive mode in Kitkat.

Reactions: leninke

RubenLockheart

Mar 1, 2012
Hi, do you mean like a own news section for ROMS? Like reading the rss feeds of cyanogenmod, paranoid etc?
I think thats a great idea too!

Yes!
Cause I jump around quite a bit, from omni to carbon to pa and others, so even if you are in carbon you can know whats going on in PA per example, if a new feature has been implemented and needs testing, new builds, a "Main Changes" changelog (in proper english) highlighting bug fixes and improvements and stuff like that.

I think it would really help bring the users closer to the devs and create a bridge of communication between all of them!

We (users) would always know whats going on, and they (devs) could get quick feedback after a release and request testers and bug reports directly.
So recurrent flashaholics can help roms become awesome faster! :D

Reactions: r25txe

Line.Dev

Dec 1, 2013
Berlin
www.cyanogemod-forum.de
Yes!
Cause I jump around quite a bit, from omni to carbon to pa and others, so even if you are in carbon you can know whats going on in PA per example, if a new feature has been implemented and needs testing, new builds, a "Main Changes" changelog (in proper english) highlighting bug fixes and improvements and stuff like that.

I think it would really help bring the users closer to the devs and create a bridge of communication between all of them!

We (users) would always know whats going on, and they (devs) could get quick feedback after a release and request testers and bug reports directly.
So recurrent flashaholics can help roms become awesome faster! :D

Please give me a list of all Custom ROMs you want to see implemented. :)
Will add this feature in one of the next updates.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys,

today I released Flowly.
    It is an App for daily Android News and more.
    You will get instantly notificated when there are new news and you have a lot of options and settings to personalize your Android News Experience.
    The app uses public RSS Feeds of the best Android Blogs (Including XDA Developers) to get the content displayed.

androidhub_small.png10zoll.jpg7zoll.jpg

The goal is to keep making this app better and better so please send me your suggestions and wishes. :)
    And of course, don't forget to give this app a rating.
    I will try to add a new update every 1-2 days to produce a little 'Nightly feeling' and keep Android Hub up-to-date. :angel:

The .apk file is attached in this post aswell.

Version 1.5.1 Build 92

- Left menu action bar drawer is now matching to the Theme color

- fixed Bug: some articles won't load

- fixed Bug: Pull to refresh causing problems in Web Views

- Flowly is now deleting unread articles older than 3 days automatically in order to save storage

- Changed Top Bar Icon color and font from white to grey

- Removed link to Flowly Community Beta

- Pull down to refresh now displayed white in Top Bar

- Updated Support libraries

- API Update

- Increased performance on high end devices

- Removed shoutbox

Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.linedev.android.hub

Have a great Day!
    Line.Dev
    v1.1.3 is uploaded to Google Play Store and should be available in anout 1 hour.
    The new .apk of v1.1.3 is attached in this post, I will update the thread with all the versions when I have over 10 posts. :)

Version 1.1.3 Build 13

- added new Feeds: Cult of Android, Droid Life (Thanks to Jorge)

- preparations for Disqus Comment feature (coming with next Update)

- minimal changed Top Bar color

- fixed Bug: Google+ Tab showing wrong language (Thanks to Micaiah)

- changed auto sync time from 1h to 2h to avoid to much notifications on new installations (Thanks to Jorge)

- stability improvements for tablets
    Hey guys!

Sorry for not being here for a while. Im very busy with my work and -for sure- with the next flowly update.
    It is nearly done and just needs some finishing. I think everyone of you will like it a lot. :)
    Also I had a lot to do with Flowly and Samsung. Yea, the guys from Samsung has invited Flowly to a secret program which will lead many many users to Flowly. So, I was also busy by signing some important papers.

Thanks for all the great support here! Please just be a little bit more patient, the update is really really big and will be there soon. Flowly will make its way to a full RSS reader with this update. :)

Cheers and have an awesome day!
    Benni
    Updated thread with pictures. :)
    Im finally done. :)
    After hours and hours of changing names, making new images, endless mails with google and working on the new update Android Hub has its new name: Flowly.

The new version is available in about an hour in Play Store and is already attached in the first post of the project thread. I hope everyone likes the new name. :)

Here is the changelog:

Version 1.4.6 Build 78

- new Application name: Flowly for Android (Name change because of Licensing Reasons, may Android Hub Rest in Peace, thanks to mastel97 for name suggestion)

- added simple 'Shoutbox' to 'Other' Tab, just for testing if it's fun, nothing special for the moment

- Pro: Updated 'Android Hub Pro Red' Theme to latest Google Play colors

- preparations for: custom Feeds (Pro), Disable/Enable Feeds, mark as read by scrolling, some other new features (secret at the moment)

- fixed Bug: Absolutely nothing displayed when using 'Light Theme' for Samsung Galaxy S

- small code improvements

Please give feedback how you like the new shoutbox test or if I should remove it again. Also, please tell me if you still find the wrong name 'Android Hub' anywhere.

Cheers,
    Benni