[ROM] [NIGHTLY] [JB] [4.3] CyanogenMod 10.2 nightlies

Search This thread

milaq

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 24, 2009
milaq.net
renLwYJ.jpg

Welcome to the unofficial CyanogenMod 10.2 nightlies

The releases will co-inside and the build start time is at 03:01 UTC every night and should be uploaded soon after. If at anytime the builds are not there, then there was a problem building the ROM, and we will have a look at it ASAP.
Buildbot resources are needed for newer builds. Please upgrade to CyanogenMod 11
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2542353

These builds are compiled from the latest CyanogenMod repos and device repos on device, kernel and vendor files and are based on the awesome work by jcsullins, Dorregaray, flintman and drmarble.

Attention: REPARTITIONING REQUIRED.
Jellybean 4.3 takes up a tad more space than 400mb. Resizing your system partition to 500mb is advised. Also, this build is a datamedia build - this means that we utilise an emulated sdcard on the data partition and both share the same partition thus space. Yet, the sdcard partition is also mounted and can be used for file usage (deprecated). Resizing the sdcard partition (/dev/media) to a rather small size and allocating the remaining size to /data is recommended.

What is datamedia? Click here.

Advised partition layout:
system - 500mb
cache - 200mb
media - 400mb
data - [remaining space] (i.e. ~11.5gb for 16gb TouchPads)

easiest way to resize partitions is by using tailor in webOS (install with preware et al)

Datamedia CWM required to properly support emulated sdcard storage in 4.3

Download

And as always: I take no responsibility whatsoever for raging, screaming, crying, frustration, failing, confusion, dead kittens, etc.

Last edited:

milaq

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 24, 2009
milaq.net
  • James Sullins (jcsullins) - for his awesome work on the TouchPad
  • Tomasz Rostanski (Dorregaray) - for his work on many parts on Android for the TouchPad (esp. camera)
  • David R. Marble (drmarble) - for supporting the CM10.1/CM10.2 port, many great ideas and sdcard partition mounting with the new fstab
  • William Bellavance (flintman) - for getting around mr2 quirks of audio and wifi, further development and fixes
  • Arne Coucheron (arco) - for his work on the legacy QC userspace drivers
  • Erik Hardesty (Erik Hardesty) - for the initial kernel work
  • eyeballer, verygreen and all other TP Devs - for their innovative and collaborative work
  • Steve Kondik (cyanogen) - for starting this great project
  • Google - for an awesome OS

Let me know if i omitted you and i will add you here asap

Visit us in #cyanogenmod-touchpad (general) or #cyanogenmod-dev (only dev related talk) on freenode

Last edited:

ra9na

Feb 23, 2009
Great!
Looking forward for the latest and greatest on our beloved Touchpad :fingers-crossed: !

maxexcloo

Jan 25, 2011
Can't wait to give this a shot! Thanks for the continued development ;)
EDIT: Quick question, is it possible to completely remove WebOS and use just this?

RolandDeschain79

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 16, 2012
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Awesome CM10.2 Nightly Builds!

Awesome CM10.2 Nightly Builds! I notice that you are recommending a larger partition size for this Rom. 500MB vs ACME3's 400MB, time for ACME4? I may need to make a little video about using tailor to help get the ball rolling. Perhaps I should try cutting down the size of the gapps package too, hmmmm. Time for testing, Thank you Milaq!

jerryatherton

Sep 22, 2012
Camera launcher

Focal wouldn't connect to a camera. I tried a NEXUS 7 camera launcher and that wouldn't work. Is there a recommended camera launcher?

janjansen85

Nov 22, 2011
the build runs very smooth, much smoother than the 10.1 builds.

i enlarged the partition size as recommended from 400 to 500 mb using webOS' tailor.
what about the other recommendations concerning the datamedia build?

when i open tailor i see the following partitions with their corresponding size:

USB (media): 25.336 GiB
Android (system): 512 MiB
Android (cache): 200 MiB
Android (data): 1.5 GiB
Unused Space: none

do you mean to reallocate the space to Android (data)?

Last edited:

RolandDeschain79

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 16, 2012
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Gapps Mod and Media removal

Hey Guys,

So I reduced the size of the gapps package by removing the optional face-lock stuff, Google+ and Quick Search. Both of those apps are rather large and can be installed from the Play Store.

Download update-gapps-jb-lite-20130813-signed.zip(55.52MB):

This leaves me with a System storage size of 22.79/394MB

Then I did this...

How to monitor free System Storage space(Optional):
-You can use a free app,Quick System Info PRO, to check the size of your partitions and remaining free space, it should be = 387MB or 402MB. Either of these is acceptable and indicates that the ACMEInstaller3 worked correctly.
-Having a system size of 387Mib = 400MB and is perfectly normal after using ACME3
-Users report having a size of 394 after flashing to a new Rom. This is also acceptable.
-If your partition is an odd size or you get random reboots,then you may have encountered problems due to flashing you Rom.

Quick System Info PRO Video Link:
Quick System Info PRO Play Store Link:

How to free up System Storage space on the HP TouchPad(Optional):
I believe I have located about 15.89MB of data we can safely delete. Android in space videos and Phone Ring tones are located @
root/system/media/videos & root/system/media/audio/ring tones.

X-plore File Manager, use this app to delete the files:

Note* X-plore needs to be given Root Permissions by clicking the 3 dots in the corner and choosing configuration. Here check your Root Access settings. SuperUser + Mount Writable, this is what it should say. Next you may need to reboot before it takes effect.

Now I have a System storage size of 38.73/394MB.

I hope this helps people get it installed. Its running very well for me. The audio has been playing with the screen off. I have a low battery drain or -6ma with deep sleep so far, Stats still being generated. Looking like a great first build! :good::good:

Note: I just tested attached the TouchPad via the USB cable. It now shows both Internal Storage and the SDcard, very interesting! See the screenshot below.

Note: Here is a great thread that talks about using Tailor

How to guide for changing your system, data, and cache partition sizes(how to use Tailor): (Gradular)

Attachments

• Storage.jpg
    Storage.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 1,544
Last edited:

nevertells2

Dec 22, 2011
Sunny Central Florida!!!
Known bugs / caveats:

• wifi turns off in suspend -> uncheck "wifi optimisation" in advanced wifi settings
  • ui sounds not playing
  • wifi region code does not stick
  • buzzing noise audio on suspend -> toggle (non-working) bluetooth once
  • no bluetooth
  • camera aspect ratio

Just a few observations, the WiFi region codes have not stuck since the first CM10 the best I can remember. This is not even available on non-rooted my Samsung GS3 or Asus Infinity. Wonder if it works on rooted ones? I don't believe CM9 or 7 even had that feature.

What are UI sounds?

I don't believe WiFi turning off when one suspends(turns off) the screen is a bug. WiFi optimization is a feature added by the CM guys as a power saving feature. That is why unchecking WiFi optimization corrects the issue, ie. turns off the power saving feature.

I think I read over on Evervolv's thread that he finally got a working Rom that fixed the "buzzing noise audio on suspend ".

Why are you pushing this emulated SD card that requires all this repartitioning and using the datamedia CWM instead of doing it the traditional way it's been done over all the previous versions of CM on the TouchPad? I remember you doing a poll and best I remember, you did not get that much interest in the idea. You might want to consider a traditional build that does not require all the "hoop jumping" to get it installed and save all the fancy stuff for the more technically adept.

It's your Rom and you do it the way you want. But I suspect that you won't get the same interest from the average users with all this technical stuff that has to be done to get it working. I'm also with Roland on his idea for a new ACMEInstaller4 to set the /system partition to the correct size. And just a reminder, sometime in the not too distant future, HP is going to take down the WebOS servers, so unless one is prepared for that eventually, installing Preware and Tailor may not be possible unless one already has it installed or has prepared for life after HP support.

I also seem to remember reading somewhere, either on Evervolv's thread or on Rootzwiki that unless a newer 3.XXX kernel gets finished, that JB 4.3 on the TouchPad may not be completely feasible for various reasons.

Update: Found the post from Dr. Marble:

" I admit that I am not convinced it is worth running cm10.2. It is fun to make it work but I don't really see any advantages over 10.1 for what I do. Our kernel doesn't support fstrim. I don't use or really understand selinux. The sound is still flakey. I will keep working on it but I really think we are maxed out at cm10.1"

Maybe getting BT working on the CM10.1 nightlys and squashing any remaining bugs would be a more fruitful endeavour.

You know the work you guys do is awesome. What you have managed to get running on our lowly HP TouchPad rivals many other dedicated Android tablets in speed and stability. I recently purchased an Asus TF700T Infinity, OTA'ed it to Android 4.2.1(the latest update from Asus) and have been comparing various apps and functions side by side with my TouchPads, yes I have two. And I can honestly say that the Infinity is only marginally faster in certain areas and the TouchPads keep up with it nicely in most others. The only advantages I have with the Infinity is a new device, quad core processor, 12 core video and for now a warranty. I'm not going to unlock or root it for now.

With all that said, we may finally be seeing the sunset of our orphaned device. It's two and one half years old, we don't know how much longer the batteries in them are going to last, they have to be getting worn out. They are a pain it the ass to change. No one seems to be able to get a newer kernel built for it. The A6 firmware and bricking issues are always lurking to jump up and bite when least expected. Of those users that are still hanging on, many are not happy unless there is some kind of bleeding edge development going on and when there isn't, they start whining about ETA's. How much longer can you keep the hounds from nipping at your heels, or even want to?

I hope none of you take this as a negative statement or a big whine. I think I am just stating the obvious. Technology and innovation moves on and the TouchPad is not going to be able to keep up much longer. My hedge against that is my recent purchase of the TF700. I may even eventually sell my TouchPads before they are unsellable, ie. dead battery or something else going wrong. Who knows, they may last a couple of years, or only to next week.

Comments invited, flaming is not.

---------- Post added at 04:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 PM ----------

Hey Guys,

So I reduced the size of the gapps package by removing the optional face-lock stuff, Google+ and Quick Search. Both of those apps are rather large and can be installed from the Play Store.

Download update-gapps-jb-lite-20130813-signed.zip(55.52MB):

This leaves me with a System storage size of 22.79/394MB

Then I did this...

How to monitor free System Storage space(Optional):
-You can use a free app,Quick System Info PRO, to check the size of your partitions and remaining free space, it should be = 387MB or 402MB. Either of these is acceptable and indicates that the ACMEInstaller3 worked correctly.
-Having a system size of 387Mib = 400MB and is perfectly normal after using ACME3
-Users report having a size of 394 after flashing to a new Rom. This is also acceptable.
-If your partition is an odd size or you get random reboots,then you may have encountered problems due to flashing you Rom.

Quick System Info PRO Video Link:
Quick System Info PRO Play Store Link:

How to free up System Storage space on the HP TouchPad(Optional):
I believe I have located about 15.89MB of data we can safely delete. Android in space videos and Phone Ring tones are located @
root/system/media/videos & root/system/media/audio/ring tones.

X-plore File Manager, use this app to delete the files:

Note* X-plore needs to be given Root Permissions by clicking the 3 dots in the corner and choosing configuration. Here check your Root Access settings. SuperUser + Mount Writable, this is what it should say. Next you may need to reboot before it takes effect.

Now I have a System storage size of 38.73/394MB.

I hope this helps people get it installed. Its running very well for me. The audio has been playing with the screen off. I have a low battery drain or -6ma with deep sleep so far, Stats still being generated. Looking like a great first build! :good::good:

Note: I just tested attached the TouchPad via the USB cable. It now shows both Internal Storage and the SDcard, very interesting! See the screenshot below.

Note: Here is a great thread that talks about using Tailor

How to guide for changing your system, data, and cache partition sizes(how to use Tailor): (Gradular)

Did you resize your partitions using Tailor?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    renLwYJ.jpg

Welcome to the unofficial CyanogenMod 10.2 nightlies

The releases will co-inside and the build start time is at 03:01 UTC every night and should be uploaded soon after. If at anytime the builds are not there, then there was a problem building the ROM, and we will have a look at it ASAP.
    Buildbot resources are needed for newer builds. Please upgrade to CyanogenMod 11
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2542353

These builds are compiled from the latest CyanogenMod repos and device repos on device, kernel and vendor files and are based on the awesome work by jcsullins, Dorregaray, flintman and drmarble.

Attention: REPARTITIONING REQUIRED.
    Jellybean 4.3 takes up a tad more space than 400mb. Resizing your system partition to 500mb is advised. Also, this build is a datamedia build - this means that we utilise an emulated sdcard on the data partition and both share the same partition thus space. Yet, the sdcard partition is also mounted and can be used for file usage (deprecated). Resizing the sdcard partition (/dev/media) to a rather small size and allocating the remaining size to /data is recommended.

What is datamedia? Click here.

Advised partition layout:
    system - 500mb
    cache - 200mb
    media - 400mb
    data - [remaining space] (i.e. ~11.5gb for 16gb TouchPads)

easiest way to resize partitions is by using tailor in webOS (install with preware et al)

Datamedia CWM required to properly support emulated sdcard storage in 4.3

Download

And as always: I take no responsibility whatsoever for raging, screaming, crying, frustration, failing, confusion, dead kittens, etc.

Known bugs / caveats:

• wifi turns off in suspend -> uncheck "wifi optimisation" in advanced wifi settings
    • camera aspect ratio
    bluetooth support

thanks to james sullins, we can enjoy bleutooth from cm-10.1 and up.

he managed to get bt working via a custom vendorlib and various tweaks here and there.
    i forward ported his changes to 10.2 just now.

i.e. any builds from the upcoming nightly build on will include bluetooth support.
    please report your experiences as soon as you utilise one of the new nightlies.

remember: bt is in an early development stage for 10.2. so don't expect everything to work from day one.

all credit to jcsullins
    thanks for all
    • James Sullins (jcsullins) - for his awesome work on the TouchPad
    • Tomasz Rostanski (Dorregaray) - for his work on many parts on Android for the TouchPad (esp. camera)
    • David R. Marble (drmarble) - for supporting the CM10.1/CM10.2 port, many great ideas and sdcard partition mounting with the new fstab
    • William Bellavance (flintman) - for getting around mr2 quirks of audio and wifi, further development and fixes
    • Arne Coucheron (arco) - for his work on the legacy QC userspace drivers
    • Erik Hardesty (Erik Hardesty) - for the initial kernel work
    • eyeballer, verygreen and all other TP Devs - for their innovative and collaborative work
    • Steve Kondik (cyanogen) - for starting this great project
    • Google - for an awesome OS

Let me know if i omitted you and i will add you here asap

Visit us in #cyanogenmod-touchpad (general) or #cyanogenmod-dev (only dev related talk) on freenode
    Also, I haven't really been paying attention, but is this the end of the road for the TP?

server migration is done and the buildbot is up and running again.

due to the fact that goo.im have been really unreliable and slow lately albeit spamming users with *many* ads we will host all android stuff on our own.

personally i think although ads are necessary to keep the server costs low (we do it too), the amount goo displayed was just way too much while considering speed and uptime (which was unacceptable at times).

i'll be preparing a download mirror for the nightlies over the weekend. it runs fine until now, but we need to make sure that the mirror withstands high load.

i'll keep you guys posted.