{All 2011}[FAQ][Q&A][CM11.0] LegacyXperia discussion

Search This thread

TechExhibeo

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 8, 2012
Ropar
hybrideon.com
Umm, my problem was pretty clear in my post, I guess - nothing happens after I flash the kernel. I'm using flashtool to flash the kernel provided in the zip, and once I turn on my phone, there's only a little vibration and nothing else. I can assure that my phone is fully charged and the bootloader is unlocked (I have used the other CMs before).

The phone works just fine (minus touch) with the stock ICS and CM10.1.

EDIT; Never mind, my SK17i is pretty dead already. It's a hardware issue no doubt, and looking at the service charges here, guess it's about time it turns into a paperweight really. :(

Mate i think there is problem in flex cable of ur phone....
Its worned out....
Mine friends xmp gave the same problem
Display was not workig..
So.he gave phone to service centre and they repaired it for 2500 INR
If u want for info about it then contact me on google or fb
Google-Rckstrdpkshrma@gmail.com
Fb-Rockstardeepaksharma@yahoo.co.uk

If I Helped U Dont Forget To Press Thanks :D

Sent from my Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro(SK17i) using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:

SATHYA0403

Sep 15, 2009
Chennai
Installation as per Mike

Hey Guys!
First off, Thanks to Mike for the awesome ROM!
I'm on the Alpha 1 version, and would like to update to the Alpha 3 version.
I went from the stock 4.0.4 -> FreeXperia 4.1.2 -> LegacyXperia 4.4.
To update to Alpha 3, do I have to flash the ftf and then proceed with the steps given by Mike in the OP or can I skip installing the ftf and continue with Mike's instructions?
Thanks in advance!
( I have a Live With Walkman )

Not required to re flash, if you already did flash .587 you need not flas it again, just follow the instruction from Mike in his first post

---------- Post added at 04:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 PM ----------

I have already posted this in a separate thread, but since no one really could help me out, thought I'd post it in the rom discussion thread itself. I have a Mini Pro (SK17i) with a unresponsive touchscreen - the touch actions doesn't work, but can navigate through the hardware keyboard.

I have been using it regularly until the screen broke, and at that time, I used CM10.1 - the first release version - and it used to work perfectly. However, now as I try to install CM11, I'm stuck with a black screen right after flashing in the kernel. I have followed the steps of erasing system and userdata partitions, but no avail - the screen remains black without any flashing LED or what so ever. Things work perfectly with CM10.1 and stock ICS though.

Can anyone suggest me a solution? Thanks a lot in advance! :)

Have you in recent past installed the stock .587 ftf
1. Flash the ftf
2; follow the post 1 as Mike guides..

Whynot4ever

Oct 5, 2008
LYON
Wifi doesn't work on Alpha 3 CM11 ?

hello i have cm11 Alpha 3 du 20131211, on Xperia Arc s, but no wifi's signal, and impossible to put on.

So i try to do terminal, su cd system\bin and start wifi-cal.sh but i've message : Wifi is already calibrated

Have you got the same probms ?

do you know an issue to correct that .?

Thans for your help, and thank to Mike 's work !!

xange

Sep 6, 2012
Cheras, Kuala Lumpur
System/priv-app/CMS.apk doesn't install in system partition(package parsing error), (i don't know what is the use of it) just report that this apk consider "junk" in system. :p

and anyone got any FC using SManager AKA script manager?

riyasopr

Apr 16, 2012
I need to restart sometimes. Because my touch stop working while receiving an incoming call. This problem found 3 or 4 times per day. In kitkat and jb.
My phone is Xperia Mini(smultron).
Any solution?.

Sent from my Xperia Mini using xda app-developers app

xp7

Sep 17, 2011
strange problem

hi guys.i used cm10.2 for long time.affter flashing cm11 alpha 3 on my LWW and not working link2sd i flashed cm10.2 again.after install and do install link2sd and linked some app to ext suddenly my sd card removed and this message up " sd card removed.insert a new one".i flashed official 4.0.4 build .573 and format my sd card and recreate 2 partition( ext4).after flashing cm10.2 and full wipe and after start up rom and install link2sd.it mounted 2partition and rebooting successfully but after start up rom and install apps when linked 2 sd some apps sd card removed again:( please help me to solved this stange problem.thnaks

kv1dr

Dec 28, 2010
Gornji Grad
hello i have cm11 Alpha 3 du 20131211, on Xperia Arc s, but no wifi's signal, and impossible to put on.

So i try to do terminal, su cd system\bin and start wifi-cal.sh but i've message : Wifi is already calibrated

Have you got the same probms ?

do you know an issue to correct that .?

Thans for your help, and thank to Mike 's work !!

Did you flash the kernel that's inside the update.zip file?

Sent from my Xperia Mini Pro using Tapatalk

dexter1123

Aug 22, 2012
Redmi Note 8
I'm a little bit confused. Here it looks like as by dexter (Baseband Version 77 - screenie post #485), but I had flashed the Stock-ICS before. Is there more than one version?
I had my ftf from here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1628264 and used Stock 4.0.4 - Built 4.1.B.0.587 (CE) (first post). Was it wrong?

No you flashed the right file....587 will give you baseband 77...this is what I did but downloaded the ftf file from sony forum

Reactions: DevBoon

deccan451

Jan 31, 2013
hyderabad
Redmi Note 8
Redmi Note 10
Alpha 3: things I found not working properly 1. video recording 2. airplane mode ( once activated later you turnoff network won't come back, need to restart phone ) 3. phone number pad won't display for one tap ( have to press back button again phone number pad ) other bugs music cuts sometimes & mic volume low Google now voice search won't catch my full phrase...

Sent from my Xperia Neo using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: nikhildangui

leandro_colocdk

Dec 2, 2012
la plata , buenos aires
root

por que hay aplicaciones que si se le pueden dar acceso root? y otras que estan pidiendo acceso root pero no aparece la solicitud (cartel) .
se le niega el acceso, root como puedo hacer para darle el acceso?

that there are applications, that if you can give root access? and others are asking for root access but the request (poster) does not appear.
is denied access, as root I can do to give access?

deccan451

Jan 31, 2013
hyderabad
Redmi Note 8
Redmi Note 10
por que hay aplicaciones que si se le pueden dar acceso root? y otras que estan pidiendo acceso root pero no aparece la solicitud (cartel) .
se le niega el acceso, root como puedo hacer para darle el acceso?

that there are applications, that if you can give root access? and others are asking for root access but the request (poster) does not appear.
is denied access, as root I can do to give access?

try to tell us in English .. every cyanogenmod have root built in you can give permission to any app that ask you root access

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [SIZE=+2]This thread has been created
    for
    Questions & Answers/Troubleshooting
    [/SIZE]​
    [SIZE=+2]Specific to LegacyXperia CyanogenMod 11[/SIZE]

Links to development threads:
    Arc / Arc S
    Mini / Mini Pro / Active / Live with Walkman
    Neo / Neo V
    Pro
    Ray
    Play / Neo L

Please feel free to share issues, questions and offer help

It is always best to thank a ROM OP, in lieu of simply posting "Thank you".

redLine.png

Please keep discussion focused, on the topic described in the OP
    redLine.png
    The time has come!

## Nightly build 20140512 - cm-11.0
    * Latest cm11.0 changes
    * Updated to Android 4.4.2_r2
    * New kernel based on kk_2.7-stable CAF branch
    * Enabled ION for everything except camera
    * Enabled VSYNC (aka Project Butter)
    * Updated audio HAL (various updates/bugfixes)
    * Use display-caf/media-caf instead of display-legacy/media-legacy
    * Updated adreno GPU libs from Galaxy S3 (d2lte)
    * Disabled KSM by default to improve performance
    * Fixed device always booting to recovery after rebooting to bootloader
    * Updated zRAM from kernel 3.14
    * Enabled hid-sony kernel driver for PS3 controller
    * Enabled hid-wiimote kernel driver for wiimote
    * New bootlogo by JovieBrett
    * Fixed video recording delay
    * Fixed Google maps flickering
    * Added landscape support in dialer & in-call UI (for Mini Pro/Pro)
    * Fixed custom cpu clocks & governor not persisting after reboot
    * Removed some unused SEMC audio code from kernel

Thanks to @Langes, we have some fresh builds rolling. Builds will appear in basketbuild alphabetically until tomorrow.
    FAQ

Frequently asked questions:

Check this wiki page
    Here's a status update:

- Rebased & cleaned up the new audio HAL
    - Some fixes ported from msm8660 audio HAL
    - Fix in audio HAL for VOIP apps like Skype and Line
    - Fixed coconut stereo speakers
    - Testing some changes from CAF jb_2.5.3 branch in frameworks/av related to LPA audio issues
    - Testing some camera changes again, should be the most stable we can have at the moment
    - Disabled 720p again. It's unstable and needs more testing. Will work on it again after the first ION build release
    - Testing change to fix "bootlogo appearing while in android" bug
    - Tested FM and made some additional changes but still don't get audio. Will work on it again after the first ION build release
    - Kernel: some interactive governor updates
    - Kernel: increase ION_MM size. Should fix out-of-memory issues with some apps like netflix

As usual, I push all my changes on github so you can test building.
    I would appreciate if you don't share any more home builds here, I will release some builds myself when some more bugs are ironed out.