SOS Urgent Help needed!

Search This thread

khankuan

Sep 20, 2010
Hi all! Need urgent assistance here as i've messed up again.. Installed dexter's motoblur rom but initial loading just struck at the boot animation. Tried to go to nandroid but couldnt enter (yellow triange with a cross). Tried reformatting sdcard and pasting back the openrecovery folder and openrecovery.zip does not work. Tried with multiple sdcards. I was thinking if the system went into the ext3 partition to look for the files instead of the fat32 one... but couldnt find a way to paste the files into ext3 partition. Any suggestions?

Thank you very much!!!!

Mioze7Ae

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 27, 2010
Queen City of the West
Google Pixel 7
Hi all! Need urgent assistance here as i've messed up again.. Installed dexter's motoblur rom but initial loading just struck at the boot animation. Tried to go to nandroid but couldnt enter (yellow triange with a cross). Tried reformatting sdcard and pasting back the openrecovery folder and openrecovery.zip does not work. Tried with multiple sdcards. I was thinking if the system went into the ext3 partition to look for the files instead of the fat32 one... but couldnt find a way to paste the files into ext3 partition. Any suggestions?

Thank you very much!!!!

Probably you forgot to wipe data/cache after you flashed motoblur? Some random ideas roughly in the order I would try them:
  • Double check that the FAT partition is first and bootable?
  • Double check that the SD card has no logical partitions
  • Reformat the entire SD card as FAT, primary, bootable put on OR
  • If that still doesn't work, try Motorola recovery (gallery+shutter while powering on, when you see the triangle screen press volume+shutter to get menu, select "wipe data/factory reset" and "wipe cache partition"--also note Motorola recovery uses gallery not shutter to select menu options)
  • If that still doesn't work I'd flash SBF

Reactions: khankuan

khankuan

Sep 20, 2010
i have this file:
UK_STR_U2_01.1E.0_SIGNED_UCASHLSTABB1B4DEMA039.0R_USASHLSTBRTINT_P029_A014_HWp3_1FF.sbf

is it correct?

Mioze7Ae

Dec 27, 2010
Queen City of the West
Google Pixel 7

Mioze7Ae

Dec 27, 2010
Queen City of the West
Google Pixel 7
i have this file:
UK_STR_U2_01.1E.0_SIGNED_UCASHLSTABB1B4DEMA039.0R_USASHLSTBRTINT_P029_A014_HWp3_1FF.sbf

is it correct?

I think that one is fine. I shortened the filenames in my copies, though. I have a US XT720 and I've used both of these successfully (you can compare the md5sums with your file to verify we're talking about the same file):

8216de0df7bd2d025db900f1fbf708b9 UK_STR_U2_01.1E.0.sbf
082af13d2412e1cc63f8f9e530dad855 US_STR_U2_04.1E.1.sbf

khankuan

Sep 20, 2010
hmm, the UK rom i downloaded gives critical error halfway while flashing. Downloading SEA sbf atm..

khankuan

Sep 20, 2010
Hmm........battery ran out. and after charging for 15 mins, phone ons and bootloader says battery low. and it seems that phone does not charge in bootloader cos it was plugged in when phone hasnt died completely.. any idea how to charge up the battery?

Mioze7Ae

Dec 27, 2010
Queen City of the West
Google Pixel 7
Hmm........battery ran out. and after charging for 15 mins, phone ons and bootloader says battery low. and it seems that phone does not charge in bootloader cos it was plugged in when phone hasnt died completely.. any idea how to charge up the battery?

Unfortunately, this is tedious but it works: charge with the battery cover off. Watch it closely. When the phone starts to boot, pull the battery out. Put it back in. It will continue charging without booting immediately. Keep an eye on it. When it starts to boot again, repeat by pulling the battery again. Repeat this for a while (3hrs?) until you believe the battery should be charged enough.

Another option: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=892026

Knoedelkopf

Jan 9, 2011
yep, Mioze7Ae solution works. It's because the battery doesn't charge up if it's in Recovery Mode. And Recovery Mode eats battery..

khankuan

Sep 20, 2010
Hmm, if i take out the battery w/o shutting down then phone would still be awake even w/o battery. Then i off and on the switch again and plug the batt in again. Screen is empty now and led is not lighted up. Pressing power button will start recovery again (but batt still low atm). Is that correct?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thank you very much!!!!

Probably you forgot to wipe data/cache after you flashed motoblur? Some random ideas roughly in the order I would try them:
    • Double check that the FAT partition is first and bootable?
    • Double check that the SD card has no logical partitions
    • Reformat the entire SD card as FAT, primary, bootable put on OR
    • If that still doesn't work, try Motorola recovery (gallery+shutter while powering on, when you see the triangle screen press volume+shutter to get menu, select "wipe data/factory reset" and "wipe cache partition"--also note Motorola recovery uses gallery not shutter to select menu options)
    • If that still doesn't work I'd flash SBF
    I have bell sbf I will upload it to you if can.

Sent from my XT720 using XDA Premium App
    Looks like I have to do the SBF method. How do i get started with it?

Thanks a lot :)

Hmm. You tried factory reset in Motorola recovery and it still wouldn't boot? One last thing would be to remove the sd card and see if you can boot.

Here's reverendkjr's tutorial on SBF flashing:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=972709
    i have this file:

is it correct?

I think that one is fine. I shortened the filenames in my copies, though. I have a US XT720 and I've used both of these successfully (you can compare the md5sums with your file to verify we're talking about the same file):

8216de0df7bd2d025db900f1fbf708b9 UK_STR_U2_01.1E.0.sbf
    082af13d2412e1cc63f8f9e530dad855 US_STR_U2_04.1E.1.sbf

Unfortunately, this is tedious but it works: charge with the battery cover off. Watch it closely. When the phone starts to boot, pull the battery out. Put it back in. It will continue charging without booting immediately. Keep an eye on it. When it starts to boot again, repeat by pulling the battery again. Repeat this for a while (3hrs?) until you believe the battery should be charged enough.

Another option: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=892026