working STK for WM6 pls

Search This thread

paulpax

Nov 22, 2007
Highlands
can someone pls post a WORKING STK that works under WM6. badly need it, this is the one feature that WM2003 has that WM5 or WM6 seems to lack. so if anyone managed to find an STK program that works. pls upload.

Maggy

Sep 21, 2006
use search>STK and find that there are already several threads discussing it. There is no working WM6 STK (yet?)

paulpax

Nov 22, 2007
Highlands
yup, did search already, but all are under WM5 thread headings and etc. im just making this an easy to use and search thread under WM6, so if there will be one, it will be easy to find.

Ather

Retired Senior Moderator
May 26, 2007
thats what i said to them...that U and I were working on it.

any ways h r u..long time no see

nesty24

Feb 19, 2007
thats what i said to them...that U and I were working on it.

any ways h r u..long time no see

Sorry man, I've been busy with my hobby, riding bmx (flatland). Sometimes I'm playing WarCraft III (DotA). Don't worry man, I visit our site but very often. I am also searching other sites that have a pocket pc forum. Maybe they have solution to our problem, and share to others.

Take care man! Merry Christmas!

Ather

Retired Senior Moderator
May 26, 2007
hmm..well take care..and merry christmas to u tooo

Last edited:

sakurasyaoran

Jul 19, 2007
re: stk

hey der can you try this sim tool kit i copy from another xda device in my country? can you guys give feedback here.. just paste it on windows folder and copy shortcut to programs. ill be waiting for your feedbacks, hope this work for us..

Attachments

• stk.zip
    28.6 KB · Views: 562

Ather

Retired Senior Moderator
May 26, 2007
thank GOD...are u sure its working fine just as it did in Wm2003

paulpax

Nov 22, 2007
Highlands
i tested an O2 ZINC

and found that STK was working on that device. it was running WM5 and as per my deduced reasoning, there is no engneering design difference between XDA 2 and ZINC with regards to simcard holder and software for the simcard.

i also found some file differences between my XDA 2 running WM6 and the ZINC running WM5, i tried to download some files like stkui, sim...something, and other dll and such files from the ZINC unit (it was not mine) but activesync could not copy the files.

i know that those files can help me make the STK run in XDA 2 WM 6. if someone can post files from ZINC, thats probably will start with stk or sim please do upload all files, and i will test running them on XDA 2. please, thanks.

paulpax

Nov 22, 2007
Highlands
for those who have other devices running WM6 or WM5, please post some files from your WINDOWS folder, some of those or a combination of those will make the STK work for WM6 on O2 XDA.

by the way, the posted STK.ZIP will run the STK menu but only on the first menu level, it will not activate the next level menus.

thanks.

Ather

Retired Senior Moderator
May 26, 2007
@paulpax..use resco explorer to copy the files somewhere on ur card..thn transfer them to ur pc bya card reader....

sakurasyaoran

Jul 19, 2007
for those who have other devices running WM6 or WM5, please post some files from your WINDOWS folder, some of those or a combination of those will make the STK work for WM6 on O2 XDA.

by the way, the posted STK.ZIP will run the STK menu but only on the first menu level, it will not activate the next level menus.

thanks.

yup i agree with you bro! but until nw i dont knw y does simtoolkit doesnt work on xda2 wm6. guys out there pls post your stk running on wm6 here, attach file here.. this wud be a great help.. thanks. happy new year to all!

Ather

Retired Senior Moderator
May 26, 2007
me and nesty tried alot..but only got the first menu to work...lets try even harder..Happy new year to all

paulpax

Nov 22, 2007
Highlands
successfully managed to ZIP files from O2 ZINC to try to copy the STK files from the ZINC and copy to the XDA 2.

with VERY FUNNY RESULTS, look at the attached JPEG file of my screen copy of the ZIP file that i got from the ZINC.

look at the encircled RED, the SIMSEC.DLL, SIMTKIT.DLL, SIMTKUI*.MUI, are all ZERO BYTES because ROM based files CANNOT be copied or overwritten in any device.

I think, and this is per deductive reasoning, these exact same files which we should change, however, these files cannot be copied from another device to another device....because it is ROM based. so if someone can copy these files, pls do and upload.

Attachments

• stk.JPG
    stk.JPG
    72.5 KB · Views: 239