[Theme] Ginger Cream - An ICS theme! Update 4-4-2012

Search This thread

MinceMan

Nov 12, 2009
Durham
www.bfreq.com
This theme is based on IceCreamSandwich! I should start this off by saying I'm a total noob and backup before you flash this!

This theme may have way too much cream so don't complain to me if your phone starts oozing cream and bricks. Any other problems you encounter are not mine and you should consult google or motorola if you can't get your phone working.

I have this theme running on a bootstrapped Joker skinnyrev1 (Props to Joker!). Also works on Rocko 2.1 and skinnyrev1 locked. OK on to what is and what's going to be!

What this has:
  • Roboto Fonts
  • Notification Toggles (Icons from CM9)
  • ICS Notication Icons
  • Notification Bar
  • Settings and pop menus inverted thanks to jfdebo779

What needs to be done:
  • ICS themed dialer
  • ICS animations
  • ICS tabs

Update: I do not believe I am going to find that todo list. These are more then likely the final themes!

Warning: the blacked out menus in 0.5.0b and 0.4.91 seem to be causing problems on some photons so back up before you flash these. 0.5.0 and 0.4.9 do not have these issues so backup before you flash these.

Hint: If you don't see the notification toggles delete the system ui apk odex file and reboot the toggles show up (thanks goes to AJC9000). I have done this on my photon in December and have not had any problems

Change Log
0.5.0b
  • Changed Notification toggles to CM9
  • Updates to Notification bar icons (These are finished as far as I'm concerned)
  • jfdebo779 inverted menu popup
  • jfdebo779 inverted Settings menu
  • More ICS notification icons
  • Notification bar touch ups

If you have ADW or launcherpro you can get icon themes and what not on the market.

Credit:
jokersax11
jfdebo779 was awesome enough to do the settings inverse for me!
Based off of motempo's [Any Deodex] Quantum Photon with Notification Toggles v0.11.13.
Got most of the ICS graphics from source but a few I pulled from one of edward.hidalgo's posts.
Galaxy Nexus Bootanimation came from nonione.

Attachments

• GingerCream_0.5.0.zip
    5.3 MB · Views: 56
  • GingerCream_0.5.0b.zip
    6.5 MB · Views: 145
  • HomeSettings0.5.0b.jpg
    HomeSettings0.5.0b.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 544
  • Notification0.5.0b.jpg
    Notification0.5.0b.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 507
  • Settings.jpg
    Settings.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 454
Last edited:

MinceMan

Nov 12, 2009
Durham
www.bfreq.com
You can get the pngs from the zip but I wanted to give the xcf cuz they took way to much time not to share!
Open these with gimp.

Last edited:

FrameCityJackal

Nov 4, 2010
Columbus
Aww sh!t son! That makes things make so much sense. Is there any reason I can't autodelete that file when this flashes?

Not sure. I think Joker was going to look into why.

Although I just made my own copy and paste bootstrap rom and the toggles showed up right away and next to none of the files had their ODEX counterparts in root explorer

MinceMan

Nov 12, 2009
Durham
www.bfreq.com
So I can't figure out how to get the Text on the notifications (I think latest item) to be white... Anyone know what I'm doing wrong. I'm also having lots of problems decompiling and what not.

Moguledyouth

Oct 3, 2007
when I flash this, even if I clear cache and dalvik all I get are FC's from a slew of system apps that keep FCing constantly. Bluetooth Share, Gallery, GMail, com.google.process... etc.

Any ideas would be most appreciated on how to fix.

MinceMan

Nov 12, 2009
Durham
www.bfreq.com
I really don't know as I have not seen that at all. What roms are you using? Are you unlocked? I'm on a joker skinny locked. Are you seeing this with any other themes? Can you flash the Quantum rom fine?

Sent from my Photon 4G

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This theme is based on IceCreamSandwich! I should start this off by saying I'm a total noob and backup before you flash this!

This theme may have way too much cream so don't complain to me if your phone starts oozing cream and bricks. Any other problems you encounter are not mine and you should consult google or motorola if you can't get your phone working.

I have this theme running on a bootstrapped Joker skinnyrev1 (Props to Joker!). Also works on Rocko 2.1 and skinnyrev1 locked. OK on to what is and what's going to be!

What this has:
    • Roboto Fonts
    • Notification Toggles (Icons from CM9)
    • ICS Notication Icons
    • Notification Bar
    • Settings and pop menus inverted thanks to jfdebo779

What needs to be done:
    • ICS themed dialer
    • ICS animations
    • ICS tabs

Update: I do not believe I am going to find that todo list. These are more then likely the final themes!

Warning: the blacked out menus in 0.5.0b and 0.4.91 seem to be causing problems on some photons so back up before you flash these. 0.5.0 and 0.4.9 do not have these issues so backup before you flash these.

Hint: If you don't see the notification toggles delete the system ui apk odex file and reboot the toggles show up (thanks goes to AJC9000). I have done this on my photon in December and have not had any problems

Change Log
    0.5.0b
    • Changed Notification toggles to CM9
    • Updates to Notification bar icons (These are finished as far as I'm concerned)
    • jfdebo779 inverted menu popup
    • jfdebo779 inverted Settings menu
    • More ICS notification icons
    • Notification bar touch ups

If you have ADW or launcherpro you can get icon themes and what not on the market.

Credit:
    jokersax11
    jfdebo779 was awesome enough to do the settings inverse for me!
    Based off of motempo's [Any Deodex] Quantum Photon with Notification Toggles v0.11.13.
    Got most of the ICS graphics from source but a few I pulled from one of edward.hidalgo's posts.
    Galaxy Nexus Bootanimation came from nonione.
    Nice job. I'm going to flash when I get off work.
    If you delete the system ui apk odex file and reboot the toggles show up.
    Nice theme budd
    If you need help inverting settings menu or pop up menu let me know.

Sent from my MB855 using XDA App
    When this happens you have a few choices.

Clear out the sd card, internal memory or bite the bullet and delete those system apps from the zip. Possibly even preform a full data wipe.

So after extensive testing, I have found that 0.4.9 installs fine, but no matter what I have tried 0.4.91 constantly FC's multiple core system apps even after doing a complete system wipe. I have tried every possible combination and I get the same result from each. I even redownloaded .91 just to make sure that wasn't the cause.

I am running skinnyrev1 unlocked.

I would love to get the blacked out system menus, any help would be welcome.

Sent from my Photon using Tapatalk