3250 mAh battery review (stock battery size)

Search This thread

sparkyxda

Dec 5, 2004
Coventry
about.me
Could y'all quit posting how wonderful this Gold battery is until after i receive mine. Tracking says mine passed through San Francisco Post Office 3 1/2 days ago and I still don't have it! I'm getting rather impatient. It must be traveling by pack mule.

Bad luck. I heard there was a pack mule pile up in SF, several mules shed their loads of batteries and iPhone Sponge Bob cases. Hope there isn't a mix up :-D

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA

Reactions: krazman325

zuqka10

Apr 20, 2012
Prishtina
Well I got mine from this seller on ebay: extras4nz

I does not last not even 1 min longer then the original samsung battery. I have recharged it 3 times and results are identical with original battery. My 2 cents

paris.gr

Dec 20, 2009
Well I got mine from this seller on ebay: extras4nz

I does not last not even 1 min longer then the original samsung battery. I have recharged it 3 times and results are identical with original battery. My 2 cents

I am in the first charge and I have to admit that I also have similar results with the friend above. The battery was also purchased from the same seller. I will wait for 2-3 more charging cycles but I don't seem to get any extra time vs. the stock one.

Edit.

I just noticed a strange thing. I opened my phone at 10.40am and now at 17.10pm instead of 6.5 hours of battery use it shows only 5 so it is missing 1.5 hours of use.

Also my phone froze for about 1 minute and now when I look at the battery curve there is an sudden drop of around 10%. To be honest I don't know if both happened together or if they are connected but I thought it is worth mentioning. Maybe the above happened when I was trying to calibrate the battery with battery monitor something to be honest I am not sure how it should be done properly.

Edit 2.

I tried to manually measure the screen time from the usage graph and I have around 220 minutes of screen time (almost all of it was with wifi on and browsing) and around 40% battery time left. That means that with some rough estimations I will have around 1 more hour vs. the stock battery with the same more or less conditions.

Anyway the above estimations most probably are not that accurate so I will report back again tomorrow after a new charging cycle.

Last edited:

oc_masta

Sep 6, 2008
Hi,
im going to place an order for the 3250mah battery today.

luckily, i have a brand new white galaxy note that i bought to replace my black one. felt i needed a change :p
that has a brand new 2500mah battery inside so i can continue to use my current black note while i use the white one for testing the 3250mah battery.

so in short, i will run a test with a NEW 3250mah battery vs NEW 2500mah battery, in the exact same condition, ill run with gsm off and wi-fi on, playing back a video file until it dies.

The ULTIMATE PROOF will be known soon ;)
im not rooting for the gold battery either, since ive had bad experiences with cheap batteries, so if its ****, ill gladly say it and trust my instinct next time.

panyan

Oct 4, 2010
XDA Forums
Hi,

luckily, i have a brand new white galaxy note that i bought to replace my black one. felt i needed a change :p
that has a brand new 2500mah battery inside so i can continue to use my current black note while i use the white one for testing the 3250mah battery.

so in short, i will run a test with a NEW 3250mah battery vs NEW 2500mah battery, in the exact same condition, ill run with gsm off and wi-fi on, playing back a video file until it dies.

im not rooting for the gold battery either, since ive had bad experiences with cheap batteries, so if its ****, ill gladly say it and trust my instinct next time.

cant wait - please document your report on xda :)

Reactions: jpph

newg

Jan 27, 2010
Glasgow, Scotland
There's enough positive feedback in this thread to make me go for it.

ordered the battery. was £14.70, so not a big expenditure. Hoping for good results, but, worst case scenario, I have just bought a spare battery.

looking forward to it arriving.

DJsCrIBbLe

Feb 22, 2012
Short term feedback. What's the long term like? Crappy stats or maybe exploding on you? ...

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

DJsCrIBbLe

Feb 22, 2012
I'm just saying you never know. Sure it works both ways. Except these are probably lipo battery's and are very dangerous compared to normal ones like OEM...

hp79

Nov 14, 2007
Tigard, OR
I'm just saying you never know. Sure it works both ways. Except these are probably lipo battery's and are very dangerous compared to normal ones like OEM...

Li-Po is safer than Li-ion. But the OEM stock battery and Gold battery both are Li-ion. Li-Po is used for more customized shapes.

Here's my OEM battery test result. I used it up until I started seeing warning messages, then charged it all the way.
I think this software has a flaw on estimated capacity. I have to manually type in how much mAh I'm suppying, and it is guessing the capacity by calculating how long it takes to fully charge the battery. The best way to compare is probably to play a video side by side.
battery_oem.png

This is about a 1 week battery.

Last edited:

mpascal

Jun 9, 2011
I just purchased a new White Galaxy Note to replace my old one. Fresh install of CM9 v3 and have done two full charge cycles on the new OEM battery. I've also purchased the Gold battery from eBay seller "voguestatus88" and should be receiving it on the 25th. Here is just a screenshot of my OEM battery. I will update as soon as I receive the Gold battery. I hope I get the legit one that some of you guys have ordered.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1335136337444.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1335136337444.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 448

chelseafcfan

Apr 23, 2012
No where
Hi,

The ULTIMATE test :D
cant wait to see the result :p...what more better way to compare a battery than to standing it side by side....

lucky you to have identical devices :)

Reactions: megapimp

wesley29

Oct 10, 2009
Here's my 2 cents...

If the great battery company Mugen can only fit 2650mAh into their higher capacity battery that still fits in the original casing, then there is no way a Chinese no name brand can put 3250mAh into one.

Standard battery already gets over 8 hours of video on a single charge based on my own findings and reviews from sites like Gsmarena or Engadet.

jackfei2

Apr 16, 2012
What's the point of arguing, its 10 bucks with shipping try it out. I got my battery and the screen time for surfing the internet increased by roughly 1-2 hours out of the last 2 cycles compare to stock batteries. No heat issues so far.

Mugen battery is made in China just FYI, it's pretty amusing people think Mugen's build quality is that much better because of the pricing strategy.

Reactions: m112a

stevencyc

Apr 8, 2009
Toronto
What's the point of arguing, its 10 bucks with shipping try it out. I got my battery and the screen time for surfing the internet increased by roughly 1-2 hours out of the last 2 cycles compare to stock batteries. No heat issues so far.

Mugen battery is made in China just FYI, it's pretty amusing people think Mugen's build quality is that much better because of the pricing strategy.

+1

KSauzeRK

Feb 9, 2012
Paris

OK about mugen probably just rebranding batteries from generic (chinese) suppliers but I think wesley29 still has a point : if it's physically possible to do higher capacity battery, why do not well known companies like mugen sell it under their brand ?

finbaar

Apr 1, 2011
Just had the re-mortgage application through so I can now order one of the gold 3250 types. One of the stip[ulations was that I install fire detection equipment and sprinklers should the worse happen and my Note starts a major confligration.

Fingers crossed all is well as I am really stretching myself to get one of these.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It's getting late......after a long day waiting for this 3250 mAh battery to go flat, here is my review for what it is worth.

I have been searching for a month to find a battery that had the capability to last me all day. Not a bulky one! One that would fit within the original case. Not make my phone look pregnant.

I wanted a battery that i could Take off charge at 8am being able to last me all day, with LIGHT to MEDIUM usage (not heavy use!), right up until I went to bed at 10 and put it back on charge.

Is this the one??? (battery photos below)

I sourced this one. It just about fits the phone. I had to peel the battery label off at all 4 corners to get it in. It's fits in fine with standard Samsung back on. No bulge. I put in straight into my phone and charged it up to 100% then took it off charge and restarted the phone.

I'm not expecting amazing results on this first drain as I am more than aware it will take 3 to 4 cycles to gain it's full effectiveness. I am however expecting it to beat my standard battery display time on this first drain as it holda 34% more charge and then improve again after 3 more days use!

My stock Samsung battery lasts normally 4 hours display time with light to medium use. I have google location turned off, brighteness to auto and i am running gingerbread LA6. Full Samsung stock fresh out of the box. No root. No mods at all. And I have all the Samsung crap turned on and registered. I have google email with 2 accounts running. I play the odd game, and text and email like crazy. I used Ebay app heavily and also surf the Web lots. There are widgets on all 7 screens running and I always have a heavy usage live wallpaper running.

Phone finally starting to go flat... I will take screen shots of battery use and upload them. With my finally thoughts and finally 1st battery use screen shots as soon as it goes flat.

And obviously I'll look forward to your valued thoughts and views and make use of your experience as I'm new to this.......hopefully won't be too long!

Bye 4 now

1st day results in.

2nd day results in..

Photos of battery weights...

3Rd day results...

Sent from a noob on a new note
    3250 video running test result

finally finished testing the batteries:
    conditions: plane mode, dark room (night), non-stop video on MX Player, brightness 0, volume 0
    batteries:
    1. stock 250mAh (weight 50g), after 2 months of heavy use
    2. gold 3250mAh from lovetomorrow (weight 50g), after 1 charging cycle
    running times:
    1. stock 2500mAh: 7:40:39 on battery
    2. gold 3250mAh: 7:50:50 on battery -> 2% longer than the stock one, well within error margin

screenshots attached

PS. rerun of test in post 416
    So you have one of these batteries have you? you've tested it have you? Your the one who's fake. Making unfounded statements you drongo

Sent from a noob on a new note

Really? I was explaining what the other guy meant by fake. Its no Mystery cheapo batteries are sold with "fake " ratings its a scam no need to get defensive due to your ignorance! I made no personal pokes at you and to respond like that proves your less than intelligent. My battery results with stock battery are better than yours so i dont need to own one to know its junk...

Enjoy spazzo

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk
    Fair testing

Hey,

I see a lot discussion in here about these "Gold" 3250mAh. So, guess what, I did the testing. A reallife, straight forward one. I have no reason to lie ^^

My test is simple: put everything to heavy usage e.g. full brightness, GPS, WIFI, Sync on, SetCPU to performance 1.4Ghz etc. The goal: suck the battery as quick as possible. Then I charged to 100% and run Riptide GP 3D game on a loop run and leave the screen to always on.

Straight forward results with the battery I have:
    Gold 3250 mAh = ~3h10
    Samsun2500 mAh = ~3h10
    Anker 2600 mAh = ~3h10
    CS 5000m mAh (thick one) = ~6h30

There you have it. Hope it helps ^^

So, conclusion: what can you expect from a battery that weight the same, size the same and have the same technology as the Samsung one? well, the same capacity... You can dream of increased battery life in same weight and form factor, only if you have a better technology...

PS: so, with this Gold battery, if you feel you have more capacity on normal usage, then either it is a placebo effect, or you had a lighter usage than usual by coincidence...

Cheers,
    Denis
    I measured battery capacities using specialized device, which discharges the battery with the constant current. Knowing the current, time to discharge and monitoring battery voltage gives you real battery capacity. Battery with the claimed 3250 mAh capacity discharges quicker than the battery with 3000 mAh capacity, from a fully charged state at 4.2 V to 3.4V. In an attempt to get better sales some companies simply lie to their customers...