HTC One X on Rogers - Name Caller ID

Search This thread

Flyarnk

Jun 15, 2010
Toronto
Just spoke to Rogers technical support level 2 and they can't confirm if Rogers HTC X works with Name Display or not!

Can anyone with Rogers HTC One X confirm "Name display" is working or not?

Thanks

PS: Name Caller ID is exclusive to Rogers/Fido. Incoming calls show NAME even if you don't have that contact saved in your contact list.

Reactions: kid_puma

gordongartrell

Sep 28, 2010
My One X is at home charging. I'll let you know tomorrow. I'm interested knowing that too.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

gordongartrell

Sep 28, 2010
Can you please also confirm if the name sticks in call log? Since some phones only number will show if/when you go back to call log

I just tested it out. Name display works. The name will show up when they're calling you. The name will also be shown on the notification bar. Eg. "Smith, John called". The only negitive is that the name doesn't stick to the call log. So if you accidently remove the name from the notification bar you are S.O.L.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Flyarnk

Jun 15, 2010
Toronto
I just tested it out. Name display works. The name will show up when they're calling you. The name will also be shown on the notification bar. Eg. "Smith, John called". The only negitive is that the name doesn't stick to the call log. So if you accidently remove the name from the notification bar you are S.O.L.

I have international quad core and name display doesn't work even at the incoming call.

Can anyone suggest how to at least get it working like Rogers one x?

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA

creiz

Dec 23, 2007
Montreal
Flyiarnk, as far as I know, it's a custom Rogers feature. We don't know how to make it work yet on other phones.

We could do it by flashing a Rogers ROM on an International EVO 3D for example, but now that we have different CPUs I don't think it's doable.

craig0r

Sep 24, 2008
Toronto
Flyiarnk, as far as I know, it's a custom Rogers feature. We don't know how to make it work yet on other phones.

We could do it by flashing a Rogers ROM on an International EVO 3D for example, but now that we have different CPUs I don't think it's doable.

Technically you can flash the ROM, but it'll brick your phone pretty good.

Also, I've done some digging. Check this out: http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Android/thread-id/7991/page/1

It seems that Name Display is not currently compatible with LTE. I've tested this by toggling the different mobile network modes, and sure enough, I get the name display when my phone is set to GSM Only, but not when using HSPA or LTE. Bugger. Hopefully Rogers can fix this.

---------- Post added at 11:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 AM ----------

I've just spoken with Rogers support about it. Gave them my software/baseband versions and all that good stuff. The tech added the One X to the list of devices having this problem.

It would probably help put a fire under Rogers' ass if more people reported the issue in a live chat session here:
http://www.rogershelp.com/livesupport-v6/?queueID=58

bimmerd00d

Jan 24, 2008
If you're in the US, Privus Mobile does this as well. I haven't tested it on a One X yet, but it's a great service.

Nerds2You

Apr 10, 2010
Edmonton
as a note of interest, I recently unlocked an HTC Raider that was on the Bell Mobility network and when I put my Rogers SIM in it I was pleasantly surprised that the caller name presentation was working properly even on a phone that was sold on the Bell network. It seems as though HTC have finally added CNAP to their Android phones.

Note: Rogers does not ever actually add the CNAP feature to phones, it either supports it or it does not, I have had this argument with Rogers for the past 2.5 years, the have no Idea how to add the support to the phones themselves.

kid_puma

Apr 17, 2010
ottawa

Awesome post:good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just spoke to Rogers technical support level 2 and they can't confirm if Rogers HTC X works with Name Display or not!

Can anyone with Rogers HTC One X confirm "Name display" is working or not?

Thanks

PS: Name Caller ID is exclusive to Rogers/Fido. Incoming calls show NAME even if you don't have that contact saved in your contact list.
    My One X is at home charging. I'll let you know tomorrow. I'm interested knowing that too.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2
    I can confirm that it's working.
    I can confirm that it's working.

Can you please also confirm if the name sticks in call log? Since some phones only number will show if/when you go back to call log