[ROM][P940] CyanogenMod 9 for LG Prada 3.0

Search This thread

milaq

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 24, 2009
milaq.net
xNnWC.png

Welcome to the unofficial CyanogenMod 9 nightlies

The releases will co-inside and the build start time is at 03:01 UTC every sunday night or on special occasion, and should be uploaded soon after. If at anytime the builds are not there, then there was a problem building the ROM, and we will have a look at it ASAP.
CM9 is not actively developed anymore, neither from my side, nor upstream - please consider installing CM10.1 (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2092937)
The buildbot resources are beeing used for other projects and/or Jellybean builds

These builds are compiled from the latest CyanogenMod repos and device repos on device and vendor files.

Furthermore these builds are multiDPI, i.e. you can run the rom at any dpi between 160 and 240 while having hi-res assets.

Because of the locked bootloader of the P940 this is a 2nd-init rom, which means that the recovery is included within every system update. So if you want a recovery other than the included you need to reapply it after an update.
For more info see this article about 2nd-init:http://cvpcs.org/blog/2011-06-14/2nd-init._what_it_is_and_how_it_works

We can now sign boot images and therefore a custom kernel is included:
https://github.com/milaq/android_kernel_lge_p940/commits/ics

Initial install
Make sure you are updated to stock LG ICS update (v20d) prior flashing the first time.
And remember to wipe data/cache

(These steps need only to be done once. Later updates can be just flashed over an existing installation without the need of a wipe)

For a list of what is working and what not, see the second post.

And as always: I take no responsibility whatsoever for raging, screaming, crying, frustration, failing, confusion, etc.

You need to have a custom recovery installed in order to flash these builds;
e.g. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1859662

Tip: If you want to have your density settings persist over updates and don't want to edit build.prop with every update, use local.prop.
create a file named local.prop in your /data root (i.e. /data/local.prop) with the following contents (overrides ro.sf.lcd_density in build.prop):
Code:
qemu.sf.lcd_density=160

• Won-Kyu Park - for his awesome work on bringing custom recoveries to LG phones
  • Ricardo Cerqueira - for his work on the LG Star devices (mainly P990). This made some of the porting a tad easier for me glancing at his changes.
  • Dexter - for his outstanding work on the Optimus 4X HD bootstrap recovery
  • cvpcs - for his work on the Bionic Bootstrap
  • koush - Clockworkmod Recovery
  • cyanogen - For starting this great project
  • Google - This wouldn't have happened without the releases of Android from you

Visit us in #cyanogenmod-dev on freenode

Last edited:

milaq

Feb 24, 2009
milaq.net
Works
  • Phone 2G/3G
  • Wifi
  • Camera
  • MTP and PTP
  • Mass Storage
  • Touch
  • EGL
  • Video Plyback
  • HW Acceleration
  • GPS
  • Sound
  • Headphones
  • Vibration
  • NFC
  • Bluetooth
  • Sensors
  • Autobrightness
  • Wifi Hotspot
  • Wifi Direct
  • USB Tethering
  • and more ...

Doesn't work atm
  • HDMI (?)
  • HW Composer (HW acceleration works but visual glitches may occur)

Last edited:

hei1125

Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 5, 2011
It is excellent. Just a question why don't you compile CM10 instead of CM9?
If you can port CM9 then CM10 will not be a difficult job to you.
Excellent job milaq !

Reactions: geoterre

milaq

Feb 24, 2009
milaq.net
we use a few precompiled bits like audio and ril because lg decided to use non-standard implementations for most of the stuff.
these arent fully compatible with jellybean, so there are more issues on jb than on ics.

the latest stock firmware is ics it is much less of a hassle debugging cm9 as i got something to look at.

i decided to port cm9, work out most of the bugs and try to get most of the stuff working compiling from non-lg bits.
moving to jellybean from there will be much easier then.
once cm9 is rockstable it wont be long until cm10.

cheers

saiz136

Feb 12, 2012
OnePlus 7 Pro
Samsung Galaxy A52 5G
we use a few precompiled bits like audio and ril because lg decided to use non-standard implementations for most of the stuff.
these arent fully compatible with jellybean, so there are more issues on jb than on ics.

the latest stock firmware is ics it is much less of a hassle debugging cm9 as i got something to look at.

i decided to port cm9, work out most of the bugs and try to get most of the stuff working compiling from non-lg bits.
moving to jellybean from there will be much easier then.
once cm9 is rockstable it wont be long until cm10.

cheers

I'm really damn excited. :rolleyes:

Sent from LG Prada 3.0 ICS 4.0.4

saiz136

Feb 12, 2012
OnePlus 7 Pro
Samsung Galaxy A52 5G
And the download is now available! DOWNLOADING it NOW! :D

EDIT: Yes! I had a glimpse of CM9, I went back because I didn't backup my files. :rolleyes: Thanks milaq! Now backing up! :cool:

Sent from LG Prada 3.0 ICS 4.0.4

Last edited:

Fran31

Apr 30, 2009
Thank you for the rom, but the phone will not boot, stays on the screen of animation of cyanogen and nothing happens. What could be the problem?.

saiz136

Feb 12, 2012
OnePlus 7 Pro
Samsung Galaxy A52 5G
Thank you for the rom, but the phone will not boot, stays on the screen of animation of cyanogen and nothing happens. What could be the problem?.

I just did a full data wipe. :rolleyes:

Sent from my Prada 3.0 using xda premium

@milaq: Ok, Im now running CM9, but how does the storage works? I mean, I can access my sd card at /mnt/emmc?? :confused:

milaq

Feb 24, 2009
milaq.net
of course you need to do a full data wipe if you are coming from a lg rom.

for storage mounting options, press menu at the options->storage screen. you can then choose between mtp and mass storage (or even ptp)

Last edited:

Fran31

Apr 30, 2009
To me already not turn me on the mobile, always stays in the animacon. I decided to the V20D new flashearde with flashtool and I feel the same.

Edit: Hard Reset with buttons VOL-, Power and Camera and arranged problem. ;)

Last edited:

hei1125

Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 5, 2011
For me, It stucks on Prada Logo.

Edited: I have already done a full wipe.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    xNnWC.png

Welcome to the unofficial CyanogenMod 9 nightlies

The releases will co-inside and the build start time is at 03:01 UTC every sunday night or on special occasion, and should be uploaded soon after. If at anytime the builds are not there, then there was a problem building the ROM, and we will have a look at it ASAP.
    CM9 is not actively developed anymore, neither from my side, nor upstream - please consider installing CM10.1 (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2092937)
    The buildbot resources are beeing used for other projects and/or Jellybean builds

These builds are compiled from the latest CyanogenMod repos and device repos on device and vendor files.

Furthermore these builds are multiDPI, i.e. you can run the rom at any dpi between 160 and 240 while having hi-res assets.

Because of the locked bootloader of the P940 this is a 2nd-init rom, which means that the recovery is included within every system update. So if you want a recovery other than the included you need to reapply it after an update.
    For more info see this article about 2nd-init:http://cvpcs.org/blog/2011-06-14/2nd-init._what_it_is_and_how_it_works

We can now sign boot images and therefore a custom kernel is included:
    https://github.com/milaq/android_kernel_lge_p940/commits/ics

Initial install
    Make sure you are updated to stock LG ICS update (v20d) prior flashing the first time.
    And remember to wipe data/cache

(These steps need only to be done once. Later updates can be just flashed over an existing installation without the need of a wipe)

For a list of what is working and what not, see the second post.

And as always: I take no responsibility whatsoever for raging, screaming, crying, frustration, failing, confusion, etc.

You need to have a custom recovery installed in order to flash these builds;
    e.g. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1859662

Tip: If you want to have your density settings persist over updates and don't want to edit build.prop with every update, use local.prop.
    create a file named local.prop in your /data root (i.e. /data/local.prop) with the following contents (overrides ro.sf.lcd_density in build.prop):
    Code:
    qemu.sf.lcd_density=160

• Won-Kyu Park - for his awesome work on bringing custom recoveries to LG phones
    • Ricardo Cerqueira - for his work on the LG Star devices (mainly P990). This made some of the porting a tad easier for me glancing at his changes.
    • Dexter - for his outstanding work on the Optimus 4X HD bootstrap recovery
    • cvpcs - for his work on the Bionic Bootstrap
    • koush - Clockworkmod Recovery
    • cyanogen - For starting this great project
    • Google - This wouldn't have happened without the releases of Android from you

Visit us in #cyanogenmod-dev on freenode
    fixed fwpath in the latest version (07.11).

so wifi hotspot should be working now.
    good news: last minute bluetooth fix
    bluetooth will make it into the first build tonight
    Works
    • Phone 2G/3G
    • Wifi
    • Camera
    • MTP and PTP
    • Mass Storage
    • Touch
    • EGL
    • Video Plyback
    • HW Acceleration
    • GPS
    • Sound
    • Headphones
    • Vibration
    • NFC
    • Bluetooth
    • Sensors
    • Autobrightness
    • Wifi Hotspot
    • Wifi Direct
    • USB Tethering
    • and more ...

Doesn't work atm
    • HDMI (?)
    • HW Composer (HW acceleration works but visual glitches may occur)
    CyanogenMod 10

CM10 builds are rolling out from tonight on.

see here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=35363681

have fun