Best Tempered Glass for S10+ right now?

Search This thread

Ishan24

Feb 11, 2018
I just got my Samsung Galaxy S10+ and the Whitestone Dome Glass for it on Monday and I gotta say, it's actually the best tempered glass I have used... First of all, this is not sponsored or anything, this is my first post on XDA Forums and i wanted to start off with something helpful as i saw people asking some questions regarding it. I have been using this tempered glass screen protector for 4-5 days now and i can't believe how amazing it is! The installation definitely requires patience if you want the result to be perfect so i watched an installation video on YouTube by a YouTuber named Thao Huyn (she covers Samsung only i guess) for it but it seems like the Whitestone guys have their own video now with some better instructions. My Installation went perfect and the end result was amazing. The Tempered Glass is 100% transparent (no whitish tint or rainbow effect like other cheap ones which have glow just on the ugly black bezels) and it feels like it's not even there! The Ultrasonic Fingerprint Sensor works just as good as it worked with the phone's pre-applied screen protector which i mistakenly chipped off while placing the phone in the Transparent case i received inside the box (Yes, Indian S10 Variants get a hard transparent case inside the box of the phone). The durability of the tempered glass can only be tested if i drop my phone once or twice (which i hope doesn't happen lol!). I don't think there are any other tempered glasses that support the Ultrasonic Fingerprint sensor but i hope we get more choices soon... If you have any questions regarding the Whitestone Dome Glass, please feel free to reply below and ill try to answer! I hope you found this helpful and I will make sure i keep doing posts like this on XDA Forums :)! Images:
D1iRb5aWoAcdyYG.jpg

D1iRaP8XgAINvKZ.jpg

UPDATE: I received for the Note10+ as well. Same quality, still amazing. Able to use the Ultrasonic Fingerprint Scanner.

ECuFOFEUwAIjpAL

ECuFP9BUcAAicK4

Last edited:

daryllh

Oct 2, 2008
Mine came with a piece of dust on the inside of the protector that I didn't notice until I watched the glue spread. I have a small air bubble in the middle of screen because of it. I ordered a "warranty replacement" for $10.

I also noticed that when you drop the screen onto the glue, it doesn't fall into right into place. I looked at the camera cutout as the glue was filling in and I noticed that it was off center. I was able to move it in time but I never saw this as a problem in the 7-8 installation videos I watched.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Ishan24

Feb 11, 2018
Mine came with a piece of dust on the inside of the protector that I didn't notice until I watched the glue spread. I have a small air bubble in the middle of screen because of it. I ordered a "warranty replacement" for $10.

I also noticed that when you drop the screen onto the glue, it doesn't fall into right into place. I looked at the camera cutout as the glue was filling in and I noticed that it was off center. I was able to move it in time but I never saw this as a problem in the 7-8 installation videos I watched.
That's certainly weird... My installation process went just like the video and no problems with the camera cutout even though I was a bit scared...

daryllh

Oct 2, 2008
That's certainly weird... My installation process went just like the video and no problems with the camera cutout even though I was a bit scared...
Maybe the bottom of the protector wasn't placed in the caddy right.

The dust thing is annoying. It was a speck that must have fell on screen when adding glue and I didn't notice it because cross bar glue thing was blocking my view. Oh well. Can't wait to try again.

Ishan24

Feb 11, 2018
Maybe the bottom of the protector wasn't placed in the caddy right.

The dust thing is annoying. It was a speck that must have fell on screen when adding glue and I didn't notice it because cross bar glue thing was blocking my view. Oh well. Can't wait to try again.
Yeah... I did not want to take any chance with the installation so what I did was I took my steam iron and kinda spread the steam over the place where I would install the screen protector.... What this does is that it will make all the dust particles settle down for a few minutes so I did not have the dust problem which others might face.

Reactions: daryllh
Jul 8, 2017
Hi Ishan! I am from Hyderabad. Where did you get the protector from? Did you buy from Amazon.com for $50? Or is it available in India by any chance?

sam20e

Aug 2, 2007
Singapore
freelancewebdev.com
one of my friend bought this and he said even after re-registering he had finger print issue. read amazon reviews. it's 50/50... i have a film protection now with a proper spygen case. i think ill just wait for a while..

wai_lai416

Jun 28, 2008
one of my friend bought this and he said even after re-registering he had finger print issue. read amazon reviews. it's 50/50... i have a film protection now with a proper spygen case. i think ill just wait for a while..

they have a new installation video telling u have to press down on the screen while it's curing to make the finger print reader work properly

Reactions: Ishan24

ivicask

Recognized Developer / Inactive RC
May 25, 2009
Zagreb
WHY on earth that camera cutout??Its so ugly and 100% gona get tons of dust under it,im never buying that for sure it makes no sense..

ivicask

Recognized Developer / Inactive RC
May 25, 2009
Zagreb
Dust is removable. Sure, it's a pain but the bubble is there until you remove the screen protector. One company does make one that goes all the way over the camera, it was shared on this forum a few days ago.

Wana bet it will go under screen on that spot?In which case it wont be so removable..

We will see after month or 2 of use...

jstodda

Sep 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
I'll take that bet. I had a Whitestone for 6 months on a note 9 with a cutout around the camera. Flawlessly blocked dust under the glass. Due to the adhesive NOTHING goes under the glass when it's cured. I dip my phone regularly in water to clean it. Never ever ever had an issue. They're 1000% better than Zagg or 9ther non adhesive screens. I'll never go back.

daryllh

Oct 2, 2008
they have a new installation video telling u have to press down on the screen while it's curing to make the finger print reader work properly
There are some reddit posts that say when you do this, it increases the chances of the edges popping up.

I put on my 2nd screen a couple nights ago. Way better installation than my first one with the dust.

After resetting my prints, I was amazed how fast it opened up. However, I've noticed that in the last hours, the misreadings have increased.

b3y0ndd34th

Feb 24, 2010
Seymour, IN
I've scratched my factory film so the whitestone goes on tomorrow

Man, Me too! Like 3 days into using the phone I realized where I swipe with my thumb, I have put a crap load of scratches on it. WITH MY THUMB!!! Holy cow, a finger scratched the screen protector! I didn't think my calluses were that bad! I plan to order a Whitestone Dome soon.

aliensk

Jul 28, 2010
Xiaomi Mi 10T / 10T Pro
Hey guys,

Bought one of these from a local shop. Not bad at all much better than a stupid one with a punch hole for the fingerprint i tried before and removed it in one day. No touch issues or unlocking and simple to install. And, it looks really good perfect fit not visible at all. I will update you guys if I notice any issues with it in the future.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just got my Samsung Galaxy S10+ and the Whitestone Dome Glass for it on Monday and I gotta say, it's actually the best tempered glass I have used... First of all, this is not sponsored or anything, this is my first post on XDA Forums and i wanted to start off with something helpful as i saw people asking some questions regarding it. I have been using this tempered glass screen protector for 4-5 days now and i can't believe how amazing it is! The installation definitely requires patience if you want the result to be perfect so i watched an installation video on YouTube by a YouTuber named Thao Huyn (she covers Samsung only i guess) for it but it seems like the Whitestone guys have their own video now with some better instructions. My Installation went perfect and the end result was amazing. The Tempered Glass is 100% transparent (no whitish tint or rainbow effect like other cheap ones which have glow just on the ugly black bezels) and it feels like it's not even there! The Ultrasonic Fingerprint Sensor works just as good as it worked with the phone's pre-applied screen protector which i mistakenly chipped off while placing the phone in the Transparent case i received inside the box (Yes, Indian S10 Variants get a hard transparent case inside the box of the phone). The durability of the tempered glass can only be tested if i drop my phone once or twice (which i hope doesn't happen lol!). I don't think there are any other tempered glasses that support the Ultrasonic Fingerprint sensor but i hope we get more choices soon... If you have any questions regarding the Whitestone Dome Glass, please feel free to reply below and ill try to answer! I hope you found this helpful and I will make sure i keep doing posts like this on XDA Forums :)! Images:
    D1iRb5aWoAcdyYG.jpg

D1iRaP8XgAINvKZ.jpg

UPDATE: I received for the Note10+ as well. Same quality, still amazing. Able to use the Ultrasonic Fingerprint Scanner.

ECuFOFEUwAIjpAL

ECuFP9BUcAAicK4
    I don't like the cutout for the camera!
    It's going to collect dust and other nasties over time and look terrible.
    I'll take that bet. I had a Whitestone for 6 months on a note 9 with a cutout around the camera. Flawlessly blocked dust under the glass. Due to the adhesive NOTHING goes under the glass when it's cured. I dip my phone regularly in water to clean it. Never ever ever had an issue. They're 1000% better than Zagg or 9ther non adhesive screens. I'll never go back.
    Could you give us this product link?

SM-G975F cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

Nano Liquid Screen Protector For Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus Tempered Glass Full UV Glass For Samsung S9 S8 Plus S10 8 9 Plus S7
    https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/nwdUkWSM
    Hi I buyed the InvisShield Screen protector to my samsung s10 plus and I have to say I love it easy to put on phone and the best thing its the fingerprint work with no problem 5 stars glass

And the support its super fast answer our questions and help with any problem

This review seems oddly suspicious., lol