Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

jcadduono

Recognized Developer
Jan 17, 2014
Thunder Bay
adduono.com
I have combined the OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T TWRP threads into a single thread for the unified build.

Please visit:
https://xdaforums.com/oneplus-3/development/recovery-official-twrp-oneplus-3-3t-t3543391

I apologize for the inconvenience.

XDA:DevDB Information
Team Win Recovery Project for the OnePlus 3T, Tool/Utility for the OnePlus 3T

Contributors
jcadduono, Team Win
Source Code: https://github.com/jcadduono/android_device_oneplus_oneplus3t

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 3.0.3-1
Stable Release Date: 2017-01-16

Created 2016-11-26
Last Updated 2017-01-22

jcadduono

Recognized Developer
Jan 17, 2014
Thunder Bay
adduono.com
Reserved

ONEPLUS FULL OTA ZIPS

You can flash these zips in TWRP to update your device or save yourself from a broken or soft-bricked state.
They are official zips distributed by OnePlus.

Warning: Do not flash partial update OTAs (under 1 GB) on a modified device! If you want to use partial OTAs, you must first flash a full OTA that it applies to, and then flash the partial OTA from stock recovery. Flashing partial OTAs from TWRP will either fail or soft brick your device. You can return to a usable state by flashing one of the above full OTA zips in recovery.

Last edited:

ghettopops

Mar 6, 2006
Now if I have already rooted and installed a kernel will flashing TWRP wipe that stuff? I had to boot TWRP to flash SU and Kernel but did not flash it.

jcadduono

Recognized Developer
Jan 17, 2014
Thunder Bay
adduono.com
Now if I have already rooted and installed a kernel will flashing TWRP wipe that stuff? I had to boot TWRP to flash SU and Kernel but did not flash it.

TWRP will only wipe if you ask it to wipe something. OnePlus is using the usual separated recovery partition style which is great so you don't have to worry about TWRP breaking anything by flashing it.

knpk13

Dec 11, 2015
OnePlus 3
OnePlus 3T
TWRP will only wipe if you ask it to wipe something. OnePlus is using the usual separated recovery partition style which is great so you don't have to worry about TWRP breaking anything by flashing it.

So that means it doesn't use that new layout which includes dual A/B partitions right? If the only benefit of dual partitions is seamless updates, I guess the traditional layout is fine or even better.

Edit: Both this TWRP thread and the Tyranus kernel thread came out pretty quick, and seem very well documented and professional compared to some of the other Non Nexus device threads. I'm impressed. I just hope the threads stay uncluttered. Thank you.

Last edited:

ghettopops

Mar 6, 2006
So that I understand, separate recovery partition means that I can have both TWRP and Oxygen Recovery installed. Allowing me to get updates and install them through Oxygen Recovery while maintaining a TWRP recovery? Also is it just a matter of booting into them via fastboot?

Reactions: Ali77625

someone0

May 5, 2010
Perhaps, the step between 2 and 3 should be go into the 'system>about' menu, keep tapping 'build number' to enable 'developers option', then go back out and into 'setting>developers option' and turn on 'OEM unlocking'. w/o this option turn on, you can do 'fastboot oem unlock'

And maybe perhaps, before doing anything, why not update the system via OTA first? If the OTA zip is OnePlus official, you should be able to flash it using stock recovery, doesn't it?

side note tip: if you wipe the data partition in TWRP, the default would be ext4, but the OP stock use F2FS. I think it may be wise to change that before wiping the data partition.

Last edited:

jcadduono

Recognized Developer
Jan 17, 2014
Thunder Bay
adduono.com
Perhaps, the step between 2 and 3 should be go into the 'system>about' menu, keep tapping 'build number' to enable 'developers option', then go back out and into 'setting>developers option' and turn on 'OEM unlocking'. w/o this option turn on, you can do 'fastboot oem unlock'

And maybe perhaps, before doing anything, why not update the system via OTA first? If the OTA zip is OnePlus official, you should be able to flash it using stock recovery, doesn't it?

side note tip: if you wipe the data partition in TWRP, the default would be ext4, but the OP stock use F2FS. I think it may be wise to change that before wiping the data partition.

Done. Should now default to f2fs on data wipes as well. (redownload, I didn't change the version number)

Yes that is an option.

So that I understand, separate recovery partition means that I can have both TWRP and Oxygen Recovery installed. Allowing me to get updates and install them through Oxygen Recovery while maintaining a TWRP recovery? Also is it just a matter of booting into them via fastboot?
No, separate recovery partition means you can flash kernels and recoveries separately. It means recovery isn't part of the system boot image, which is an idiotic design of the Pixel phones that is hurting custom development for them. See example:

OnePlus 3T (and every other sane device):
boot partition = system boot image
recovery partition = recovery boot image
result = you can use twrp to flash custom roms! any issues = just try in twrp again!

Pixel:
boot partition = boot image with recovery ramdisk that loads system (???)
boot_a partition = the same thing as boot partition (??? again)
recovery partition = nowhere to be found
result = flash a bad custom rom? say goodbye to twrp!

Last edited:
Reactions: thinkingrobot

CB620

Jan 6, 2009
Can't decrypt data so can't flash any files. Just updated to twrp in the op.

jcadduono

Recognized Developer
Jan 17, 2014
Thunder Bay
adduono.com
Can't decrypt data so can't flash any files. Just updated to twrp in the op.

need recovery.log ... i'm guessing this is happening due to changing default partition type for data from ext4 to f2fs, might need to change it back
in the meantime, setting default back to ext4....redownload (again)

in the meantime, anyone crazy enough to test https://build.nethunter.com/test-builds/oneplus/kernel-nethunter-oneplus3t-marshmallow-test1.zip for me?
yes, this device is getting official Kali NetHunter support

Last edited:

someone0

May 5, 2010
Another known issue: I can't get USB-OTG to work. Even in the StockOS, it seem disable by default and have to enable first, otherwise it won't provide power back out to the USB port. Not sure if this is related.

jcadduono

Recognized Developer
Jan 17, 2014
Thunder Bay
adduono.com
that's stock recovery....enable xda signatures and you will see how to get logs in my signature

Another known issue: I can't get USB-OTG to work. Even in the StockOS, it seem disable by default and have to enable first, otherwise it won't provide power back out to the USB port. Not sure if this is related.
i'll look into it i guess, might be a /sys file we can trigger on init to enable it if you want to do the investigation for me
probably related to dash charge stupidity

CB620

Jan 6, 2009
that's stock recovery....enable xda signatures and you will see how to get logs in my signature

i'll look into it i guess, might be a /sys file we can trigger on init to enable it if you want to do the investigation for me
probably related to dash charge stupidity
0e9e157091b5eb299eeea15a3cacc437.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000

---------- Post added at 05:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:25 AM ----------

Ok started from scratch

Have latest twrp, root and net hunter kernel running.

someone0

May 5, 2010
http%3A%2F%2Fuploads.tapatalk-cdn.com%2F20161126%2F0e9e157091b5eb299eeea15a3cacc437.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000

---------- Post added at 05:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:25 AM ----------

Ok started from scratch

Have latest twrp, root and net hunter kernel running.

That screenshot seem like somebody is trying to run adb from within the android shell. I would just
'adb shell'
'su'
'cd /sdcard' or /tmp or whichever directory that's writable.
then run whatever command you need from there. Having another DOS windows open up is also a good idea. That way, one window is always running shell, and another is just DOS. so no confusion and no need to keep exiting shelf and get back in.

masa86

Dec 19, 2007
Fails to decrypt data. Here is logs from 3t 128gb model.

Attachments

• recovery.log
    20.7 KB · Views: 118

hawki

Black screen

Followed instructions to a "T" (haha)

Everything gets installed, i have root, but when i try to reboot into recovery/twrp - i just get a black screen. I can still turn the phone off, and start up the phone no problems, so its usable - but just not into twrp.

Any thoughts of suggestions? :confused: :(

someone0

May 5, 2010
Followed instructions to a "T" (haha)

Everything gets installed, i have root, but when i try to reboot into recovery/twrp - i just get a black screen. I can still turn the phone off, and start up the phone no problems, so its usable - but just not into twrp.

Any thoughts of suggestions? :confused: :(
How did you get root (superSU) installed w/o twrp?
BTW, you may have the same problem I had earlier, which is the stock OS is on version 3.5.1. You need to follow the instruction again, and flash recovery and boot into twrp.img After that, patch your OS to the latest via OTA, I think you need to re-root again after that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts