[Recovery][EMUI 8.x only][Mate 10 /Pro][Unofficial]TWRP 3.2.1-0 [16/04/2018]

Search This thread

Pretoriano80

Jun 9, 2010
Disclaimer
This software comes wth no warranty,XDA staff ,myself or TeamWin stuff can't be hold responsible for any damage it may cause to your device.

Note: Currently Oreo 8.1 custom roms are not supported,only stock EMUI 8.x .

Download and Installation

* Download twrp recovery
* Start your device in fastboot mode
* Install the recovery using the following command:

Code:
fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk [filename].img --> ex: fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk twrp_blanc_0.1.img
* Restart with this command:
Code:
fastboot reboot
* As soon as you execute the restart command,remove the USB cable and keep pressing Volume UP,so the device will boot to TWRP.This is to avoid that the device boot to OS,overwritting TWRP recovery.

Features

Internal storage decryption = working
MTP and OTG connection = working
Backup&Restore = working

Note: There are no sources for this yet,because is based on the work of @zxz0O0 ,from Honor 9.

Credits
**** @zxz0O0 - This wouldn't be possible without this guy,so big big thank to him.I used his base to make this recovery work ,so in sign of respect his nick will also be on the TWRP boot screen.Thank again buddy!
**** TeamWin project ,obviously.

Download links Mate 10 Pro (BLA)
twrp_blanc_0.1.img - initial release
twrp_blanc_0.2.img - OEMinfo partition is now available for backup
twrp_blanc_0.3.img - /cache mounting is fixed,backup for vendor_ image (vendor still can't be mounted)
twrp_blanc_0.4.img - /vendor mounting&unmounting is now fixed (thx @ante0 for the script)
twrp_blanc_0.5.img - mounting/unmounting issues shound be fixed , added a new option to exclude OEM path from wiping with Factory Reset and can be enabled/disabled in settings (thx Team OpenKirin for this), this version will work even with newer updates that bump security patch version.
twrp_blanc_0.6.img - wipe cache is now fixed
twrp_bla_alp_0.7.img - fixed decryption on EMUI 8.1 (now you can use the same password/pin/pattern to decrypt in TWRP), /recovery_ramdisk no longer available for backup./vendor no longer available for backup (use /vendor_image instead),/system and /data can be unmounting issue with 8.1 devices is now fixed.

Download links Mate 10 (ALP)
twrp_alp_test_0.1.img - test build,/vendor and /system can't be unmounted but everything else is working
twrp_alp_0.5.img - mounting/unmounting issues shound be fixed , added a new option to exclude OEM path from wiping with Factory Reset and can be enabled/disabled in settings (thx Team OpenKirin for this), this version will work even with newer updates that bump security patch version ,now we have an unified version that work on both ALP and BLA
twrp_alp_0.6.img - wipe cache is now fixed
twrp_bla_alp_0.7.img - fixed decryption on EMUI 8.1 (now you can use the same password/pin/pattern to decrypt in TWRP), /recovery_ramdisk no longer available for backup./vendor no longer available for backup (use /vendor_image instead),/system and /data can be unmounting issue with 8.1 devices is now fixed.

Last edited:

mefistofelis

Oct 9, 2010
Has anyone tested it already? Looking forward to installing it

Στάλθηκε από το BLA-L29 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

ngoralph

Apr 16, 2012
Xiaomi Mi Pad 5
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Has anyone tested it already? Looking forward to installing it

Στάλθηκε από το BLA-L29 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

working perfectly great job to the OP

---------- Post added at 10:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 PM ----------

@Pretoriano80
perhaps you could do a pull request for official integration?

Reactions: Harmony-M

Pretoriano80

Jun 9, 2010
working perfectly great job to the OP

---------- Post added at 10:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 PM ----------

@Pretoriano80
perhaps you could do a pull request for official integration?
I couldn't manage to make decryption work with the current TWRP base, mostly because of some proprietary binaries. So no source for now.
Can you test if Oeminfo shows in the backup screen?

gogoffm

May 2, 2017
stuck in teamwin screen

after reboot stuck in teamwin screen. device found under ADB but unable to fastboot. Any advise how to fix? tx

Balthazard

Dec 13, 2007
after reboot stuck in teamwin screen. device found under ADB but unable to fastboot. Any advise how to fix? tx

I had the same!
TWRP stays stuck at the logo. Now I'm trying the official one and that one is booting.
Gonna try some other things and let you know!

Edit: Using a Huawei Mate 10 Pro (Dutch)

Last edited:

Pretoriano80

Jun 9, 2010
I had the same!
TWRP stays stuck at the logo. Now I'm trying the official one and that one is booting.
Gonna try some other things and let you know!

Edit: Using a Huawei Mate 10 Pro (Dutch)
Which software version do you guys have? And are you on stock EMUI or some Treble enabled rom?

grossvs

Oct 25, 2017
Wen i enter the password or have to do backup it says error device or resource busy and backup failed. Do i have to do vipe?

grossvs

Oct 25, 2017
First i trying backup data, system and vendor and its failed then data and system and its ok but i have many error - system, device or resource busy and vendor, device or resource busy.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disclaimer
    This software comes wth no warranty,XDA staff ,myself or TeamWin stuff can't be hold responsible for any damage it may cause to your device.

Note: Currently Oreo 8.1 custom roms are not supported,only stock EMUI 8.x .

Download and Installation

* Download twrp recovery
    * Start your device in fastboot mode
    * Install the recovery using the following command:

Code:
    fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk [filename].img --> ex: fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk twrp_blanc_0.1.img
    * Restart with this command:
    Code:
    fastboot reboot
    * As soon as you execute the restart command,remove the USB cable and keep pressing Volume UP,so the device will boot to TWRP.This is to avoid that the device boot to OS,overwritting TWRP recovery.

Features

Internal storage decryption = working
    MTP and OTG connection = working
    Backup&Restore = working

Note: There are no sources for this yet,because is based on the work of @zxz0O0 ,from Honor 9.

Credits
    **** @zxz0O0 - This wouldn't be possible without this guy,so big big thank to him.I used his base to make this recovery work ,so in sign of respect his nick will also be on the TWRP boot screen.Thank again buddy!
    **** TeamWin project ,obviously.

Download links Mate 10 Pro (BLA)
    twrp_blanc_0.1.img - initial release
    twrp_blanc_0.2.img - OEMinfo partition is now available for backup
    twrp_blanc_0.3.img - /cache mounting is fixed,backup for vendor_ image (vendor still can't be mounted)
    twrp_blanc_0.4.img - /vendor mounting&unmounting is now fixed (thx @ante0 for the script)
    twrp_blanc_0.5.img - mounting/unmounting issues shound be fixed , added a new option to exclude OEM path from wiping with Factory Reset and can be enabled/disabled in settings (thx Team OpenKirin for this), this version will work even with newer updates that bump security patch version.
    twrp_blanc_0.6.img - wipe cache is now fixed

Download links Mate 10 (ALP)
    twrp_alp_test_0.1.img - test build,/vendor and /system can't be unmounted but everything else is working
    twrp_alp_0.5.img - mounting/unmounting issues shound be fixed , added a new option to exclude OEM path from wiping with Factory Reset and can be enabled/disabled in settings (thx Team OpenKirin for this), this version will work even with newer updates that bump security patch version ,now we have an unified version that work on both ALP and BLA
    twrp_alp_0.6.img - wipe cache is now fixed
    New Version 0.5
    Wipe Cache Not working!

Good job THX! :)
    Is fixed now. ;)
    You did not get much sleep then? :D

I'll be using it when flashing new firmware.
    I got enough to start a new day . :p

New version is up,wipe cache is fixed.
    hey guys, i've been reading and tinkering for hours to no avail. i'm trying to install RR-phh and don't have enough system space for GAPPS. the resize option is not there, only the option to change file system type. i'm on ALP-L29. how the heck did anyone get GAPPS installed on here?

also, i can not unmount /system or /vendor. also, no repair option under wipe-->advanced. i am using the version .2 that was reported not to have this issue. anyone else?

Do you think there will be a fix for unmounting/mounting system? Can't really do it as of the 0.4-build.
    The error is: Failed to unmount '/system' (Device or resource busy).
    So as of that, it's not possible to backup/restore using the recovery. :)
    Hope you make a fix for it! :D

In version .2 for ALP-LP29, make sure 'Mount system partition as read-only' is unchecked. You can then mount and unmount System and Vendor without any issue.

I'm uploading now an unified version for ALP and BLA and hopefully mounting issues are fixed.

EDIT New version was added to OP,have fun ! :D Time to catch some sleep now! :)
    Re-uploaded 0.7 with some small fixes. More partitions are available to install as image (check Install - > Install image).
    New build it's up,grab it from the OP.