problem i747m pls help

Search This thread

yacbob

Dec 25, 2013
hello everyone , i'm new in this forum and i will appreciate any help from your part to help solve my problem
i have samsung galaxy s3 canadian version unlocked sgh-i747m , i'm using it in Algeria in my local network , i was using android 4.1.2 and everything were fine until i updated the firmware via kies to 4.3 everything work fine except some ussd codes like when i try to view my balance i dial *200# and i got the message " connection problem or wrong mmi code " i tried to put comma after # but doesn't solve the problem , i tried to downgrade to 4.1.2 but impossible as well ,
i found a way that may be the solution which is changing the CSC of the phone but all the application available need root access and i couldn't root the device via odin and autoroot file provided in the net it say pass at the end of the root process but supersu won't install and when i check with root checker it says the device is not rooted , i download root explorer but it's a bit complicated for me to use it , so any on how to root the phone or change the CSC without rooting , or downgrade back to 4.1.2 or or just solve the problem of the mmi code

Prufta

Oct 11, 2011
CAROLINA
hello everyone , i'm new in this forum and i will appreciate any help from your part to help solve my problem
i have samsung galaxy s3 canadian version unlocked sgh-i747m , i'm using it in Algeria in my local network , i was using android 4.1.2 and everything were fine until i updated the firmware via kies to 4.3 everything work fine except some ussd codes like when i try to view my balance i dial *200# and i got the message " connection problem or wrong mmi code " i tried to put comma after # but doesn't solve the problem , i tried to downgrade to 4.1.2 but impossible as well ,
i found a way that may be the solution which is changing the CSC of the phone but all the application available need root access and i couldn't root the device via odin and autoroot file provided in the net it say pass at the end of the root process but supersu won't install and when i check with root checker it says the device is not rooted , i download root explorer but it's a bit complicated for me to use it , so any on how to root the phone or change the CSC without rooting , or downgrade back to 4.1.2 or or just solve the problem of the mmi code

First of all if you upgrade to 4.3 and try to revert back to 4.1.x you would probably brick your phone.

Edit: You can use this steps http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2538991

Last edited:

yacbob

Dec 25, 2013
i managed to root the phone and i tried csc changer application but i doesn't work cause i found only 3 csc installed for the 3 major network in canada which are roger fido and bell , i tried all of them but still the same problem , i'm really stuck , i think i'm going to try kitkat 4.4 custom rom from cwm , anyone tried it so far so he can feed us back , or anyone knows where to find the csc for Algeria so i try to add it to the csc list in the phone ,

Last edited:

Ali7000

Dec 8, 2012
i managed to root the phone and i tried csc changer application but i doesn't work cause i found only 3 csc installed for the 3 major network in canada which are roger fido and bell , i tried all of them but still the same problem , i'm really stuck , i think i'm going to try kitkat 4.4 custom rom from cwm , anyone tried it so far so he can feed us back , or anyone knows where to find the csc for Algeria so i try to add it to the csc list in the phone ,

For me the easiest way to root my I747M telus phone is http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1739426