Official Marshmallow 6.0.1 For Xperia Z2 Discussion

Search This thread

alone_in_dark

Inactive Recognized Themer
Oct 2, 2012
Chittagong
Hello everyone !!

The official Marshmallow 6.0.1 for Xperia Z2 has been started to roll out in many contries. The build Number is 23.5.A.0.570 ...
:fingers-crossed:
This Time, It has come before certifying in PTCRB

vfkC4oU.png

Has anyone updated to the Official Marshmallow? What's your opinion about it?
What is it's Pros ans Cons? :) Lets state here..... :highfive:
And If you can, provide link of your FTF file here..!! It will help others :good:

.:How to Create 6.0.1 Flashable zip and obtain Root and Recovery:.
Follow This LINK to create flashable zip and obtain root and recovery

Enjoy.....!!

Last edited:

batano

Dec 7, 2011
can i install any of these on my EU Z2? for example can i use the US FTF or would this brick my phone?

alone_in_dark

Inactive Recognized Themer
Oct 2, 2012
Chittagong

It was a beta, but now released as an official firmware.

@ravdo is correct. The final beta build was 570. And later Sony released it as Official FW as it is stable enough..!!

Really? Didn't know that lol. Mind sharing source?

have you ever seen a beta firmware shown in XperiFirm? It's also rolling through PC companion normally. If it was Beta, PC companion would have stated that..!!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4529355

-Home screen doesn't auto rotate
This is a half baked release LOL

adop40

Feb 8, 2013
Sony Xperia 1 IV
Ok, it works with root! :D
I'm not responsable for any damage of your phone. Make a TWRP-backup first.
Here are the steps for install with LB:

First I don't know if it's needed but I've installed busybox from Playstore for the last beta.

1. Download the latest MM for US via Flashtool and XperiFirm or any other .570 ftf for D6503.
2. Download the 3 files from here.
3. Then make a prerooted zip with the ftf and the SU Beta, include all data in the zip (tick all boxes for include) but without any recovery. Here a prerooted zip made with prf creator 0.5. It's US 570.
4. Install the prerooted zip then the byeselinux_flashable.zip and the RICDefeat.zip.
5. Reboot, after that you can install the latest recovery from here.

I didn't wipe any data and I came from the Beta .486

Root and recovery are working perfectly! I will test if there are any bugs.

I didn't test other scenario like UB or install the prerooted zip on Lollipop.

---------- Post added at 11:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 AM ----------

The Bluetooth music bug is gone. :victory:
The WiFi signal is good. I think that SONY made a good job.

Last edited:

abeyruma

Oct 13, 2014
Las Piñas

1. Download the latest MM for US via Flashtool and XperiFirm or any other .570 ftf for D6503.
3. Then make a prerooted zip with the ftf and the SU Beta, include all data in the zip (tick all boxes for include) but without any recovery.
4. Install the prerooted zip then the byeselinux_flashable.zip and the RICDefeat.zip.

---------- Post added at 11:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 AM ----------

can you post your pre rooted zip? thx and GodBless..:)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

First I don't know if it's needed but I've installed busybox from Playstore for the last beta.

3. Then make a prerooted zip with the ftf and the SU Beta, include all data in the zip (tick all boxes for include) but without any recovery. Here a prerooted zip made with prf creator 0.5. It's US 570.

Hello everyone !!

The official Marshmallow 6.0.1 for Xperia Z2 has been started to roll out in many contries. The build Number is 23.5.A.0.570 ...
    :fingers-crossed:
    This Time, It has come before certifying in PTCRB

vfkC4oU.png

Has anyone updated to the Official Marshmallow? What's your opinion about it?
    What is it's Pros ans Cons? :) Lets state here..... :highfive:
    And If you can, provide link of your FTF file here..!! It will help others :good:

.:How to Create 6.0.1 Flashable zip and obtain Root and Recovery:.
    Follow This LINK to create flashable zip and obtain root and recovery

Enjoy.....!!

If signal bars are not relevant to the real signal quality, why we need them on the status bar? If the system won't affect the signal the phone gets, why my phone sometimes loses 4G LTE signal with 6.0.1 but never does that with 5.1.1? In both situations, I put my phone at home and it's near the base station. Actually I can see the antennas on the building across the street.
    Signal bars are only relevant to the fact that a phone manufacturer can decide what 4 bars or 3 bars or whatever stands for. The signal strength is measured in dBm and it can be checked in Settings/About phone/Status/SIM status. It is a negative number and thus a higher negative value is worse than a lower one. The maximum (best) value is around -60dBM and at around -110...-112dBm the phone loses signal.

The manufacturer can decide how many bars are shown at what level. I did a quick check and my phone shows full four bars at -89dBm, which is decent, but IMO not worth the full bars. IMO it should switch to 3 bars at -80dBm, 2 bars at -90, and 1 bar at -100 or so.

OTOH, the WiFi indicator has gone the other way. It shows less bars now than before (at the same dBm). It switches from 4 bars to 3 bars at -55dBm, from 3 bars to 2 bars at -70dBm, 2 bars to 1 bar at -75dBm.

Everything in between: It is up to the software to decode the received signal. That I do grant you. If the error correction software etc isn't working correctly, the phone may lose 'signal' earlier than before. There can also be differences in the Tx signal (transmission from the phone). If the cell tower cannot decode your signal, you're dropped.

EDIT:
    The received signal strength is always the same. If you are, say, in a "-80 area", the signal strength is -80. No matter what the software version is.
    I will try it with prf Creator and the newest SU beta. I will post soon if it works.
    D
    Deleted member 4529355
    FFS!
    -Same old Boot animation
    -NO STAMINA
    -Finally we got the complete Backup and Restore app