[FIX] Can't Unlock your Phone after full restore from TWRP.!!!!

Search This thread

Rish@30

Nov 12, 2016
Rajkot
HAD A FULL BACKUP OF YOUR CURRENT ROM!?

BRICKED YOUR PHONE AND TRIED TO RESTORE.?

SOMEHOW WENT TO RECOVERY AND RESTORED EVERYTHING.!?

HOPED EVERYTHING TO BE FINE BUT BOOM. WHATthe**** CANT UNLOCK YOUR PHONE. SAYS WRONG PIN EVERY TIME. CANT USE FINGERPRINT ALSO. HARD LUCK.!?

Generally this problems occurs because you had done your backup after setting up the pin or fingerprint or pattern.
TWRP otherwise restores everything superfine with every app and data and settings restored but sometimes when rebooted users can't unlock there phone with pin or pattern and can't even use their fingerprints. Common bug of restoring pattern of TWRP.

THOUGH its recommended that do your backup whithout any screen lock. And while restoring uncheck 'cache' and recovery.

BUT THERE'S A 100% WORKING FIX FOR THIS ::

1. TRY 3 TO 4 TIMES THE PIN AND FINGERPRINT. IF DOESNT UNLOCKS REBOOT ONCE AND THEN TRY.

2. IF THAT FAILS. 'POWER OFF' YOUR PHONE.
BOOT TO TWRP RECOVERY. (Pressing power button and volume up button at once)

3. IF PROMPTED ALLOW MODIFICATIONS.
DONT DO ANYTHING. GO STRAIGHT TO ADVANCED.

4. NOW HEAD TO FILE MANAGER.
(normally opened in the main folder '/', if not select storage internal). HEAD TO '/data/system' folder. Scroll down.

5. FIND FILES WITH .key EXTENSIONS AND CLICK ON THEN (generally two files). AND 'DELETE' THEM.

6. NOW FIND AND DELETE ALL FILES WITH KEYWORD 'locksettings'

AFTER DELETING. JUST REBOOT TO SYSTEM.
NOW YOU COULD BE ABLE TO UNLOCK YOUR PHONE WITHOUT any PIN or PATTERN or FINGERPRINT.

just SWIPE UP. Phone got restored to original state.

NOW SET UP FINGERPRINT AND NEW PIN IN THE SETTINGS.

* for me while setting up new pin and FINGERPRINT. The settings apps stopped closed suddenly. I opened it again and i found fingerprint and lock already set up.
Locked the screen and unlocked with my old pin and fingerprint.

DO GIVE A THUMBS UP IF YOU FOUND THE POST HELPFUL...!!!!!!!:p

Attachments

• TWRP-pinreset1.png
    TWRP-pinreset1.png
    57.2 KB · Views: 11,930

widagdag

Sep 30, 2012
Sukabumi
or, flash mandatory firmware depends on rom you've restored (cm13 or cm14 firmware)
this tricks worked for me, whenever im restoring my full backup of RR MM and then i flash CM 13 firmware

geekychandu

Oct 16, 2015

HOPED EVERYTHING TO BE FINE BUT BOOM. WHATthe**** CANT UNLOCK YOUR PHONE. SAYS WRONG PIN EVERY TIME. CANT USE FINGERPRINT ALSO. HARD LUCK.!?

Generally this problems occurs because you had done your backup after setting up the pin or fingerprint or pattern.
TWRP otherwise restores everything superfine with every app and data and settings restored but sometimes when rebooted users can't unlock there phone with pin or pattern and can't even use their fingerprints. Common bug of restoring pattern of TWRP.

THOUGH its recommended that do your backup whithout any screen lock. And while restoring uncheck 'cache' and recovery.

1. TRY 3 TO 4 TIMES THE PIN AND FINGERPRINT. IF DOESNT UNLOCKS REBOOT ONCE AND THEN TRY.

(normally opened in the main folder '/', if not select storage internal). HEAD TO '/data/system' folder. Scroll down.

5. FIND FILES WITH .key EXTENSIONS AND CLICK ON THEN (generally two files). AND 'DELETE' THEM.

NOW YOU COULD BE ABLE TO UNLOCK YOUR PHONE WITHOUT any PIN or PATTERN or FINGERPRINT.

* for me while setting up new pin and FINGERPRINT. The settings apps stopped closed suddenly. I opened it again and i found fingerprint and lock already set up.

Saved me from installing freshly again

Reactions: RootedLee

biratlama

Apr 26, 2016
I was using latest aosip...then i decided to change to Nitrogen os...
I wiped everything needed and then flashed Nitrogen os...
I was using a pattern lock in the aosip and when the Nitrogen os starts..it asks for pattern..but the previous pattern doesn't work...
when i again flash the aosip the same pattern works..but it doesn't work in nitrogen os
I tried to delete the keys from data/system but there are no keys there(in nitrogen os)
what shall i do? help guys....i can only use

sarabeshsab

Dec 31, 2014
Madurai
ME TOO

I was using a pattern lock in the aosip and when the Nitrogen os starts..it asks for pattern..but the previous pattern doesn't work...
when i again flash the aosip the same pattern works..but it doesn't work in nitrogen os
I tried to delete the keys from data/system but there are no keys there(in nitrogen os)

I myself also have this problem kindly tell a fix guys

simona70

Jun 11, 2013
Livorno
I restored with TWRP /system and /data (no error), cleared devlick/art and cache, reboot and now I can't enter in "Security settings". What can I do?

simona70

Jun 11, 2013
Livorno
Flash the same ROM without wiping anything.
If you had.

Yes... I have not thinked the more obvious thing!!!! Thanks!!!!! Install exact rom (I have) and reinstall xposed and supersu and all shoud be lilke before.

---------- Post added at 05:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 PM ----------

MMM all ok but... /modem damaded (no sim read)... anymore twrp and /modem restore solved this second derivated problem.

Frenzi2012

Apr 25, 2015
Buenos Aires
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC

@sarabeshsab i think your phone is encrypted (MIUI encrypt by defaul /DATA and /internalSD) . NitrogenOS not support encryption (maybe in lasted build yes), you need to format data button on TWRP, this erase all DATA and Internal SD and disable partition encryption, (make backup to PC first, pictures and docs, etc). Now you be able to install NOS 8.

smukamuka

Jun 6, 2013
I followed this guide 'cause when I've restored a twrp backup my fingerprints didn't work (PIN did).
Removed them, added again, but not working.

Following this guide, deleting all these files didn't work.
Removing instead locksettings.db only*worked!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

locksettings.db is the only file you need to delete.
    This happens to me with every backup, even i set up the pin a long time before backup.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using XDA-Developers mobile app
    Or flash AgniToolbox from Recovery and select the option to reset the lock.
    Thanks brother , you saved my day (Y)

Saved me from installing freshly again