"Curved" Tempered Glass Screen Protector Thread (S7 EDGE)

Search This thread

StrumerJohn

Jul 5, 2011
Glendale, AZ
plus.google.com
Starting thread for Tempered Glass screen Protectors that cover the whole entire front display* and edge*

LUVVITT TEMPERED GLASS Screen Protector for Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge - Crystal Clear
Ships March 17

Says its crystal clear? S6 didn't have any clear tempered class due to adhesion issues on edge.

S7 Edge Screen Protector - Peyou® Curved Full Coverage Premium Tempered Glass] [Ultra Thin 0.2mm Thickness] Screen Protector for Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
Colors: Black, White, Gold, & Clear
Ships March 20
Honestly, I'd wait on ordering one of these. The boxes all look hella sketchy and the second link doesn't even have anywhere near the right phone as the model image for the S7 (at least the Edge on both of these has an older model picture). Chances of the screen scratching the first couple of weeks while you figure things out is pretty low since the anti-scratch coating doesn't typically begin to wear off until at least a month (Then is usually pretty vulnerable to scratches; especially after 6 months).

I'd save your money for now. S6 Edge definitely didn't have the best screen shield pre-order experience. Fittings were terrible and some didn't even cover the 'edge.'

optimummind

Jun 17, 2012
Orange, CA
Zagg will be making a curved glass screen protector and selling it for $40. Might be better quality than the cheap Chinese ones. Time will tell.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

iHTC

Aug 2, 2007
I contacted Zagg they have are far away from launch. I reached out to them and here is the response:

"We are currently in the process of developing a Glass Invisibleshield that will cover the Galaxy S7 Edge. However, as of right now, it looks like it won't actually be released until late summer or early fall of this year."

Pilz

Dec 1, 2013
Texas
I contacted Zagg they have are far away from launch. I reached out to them and here is the response:

"We are currently in the process of developing a Glass Invisibleshield that will cover the Galaxy S7 Edge. However, as of right now, it looks like it won't actually be released until late summer or early fall of this year."

They might as well not even bother at that rate. Zagg isn't the only player around anymore, so I would put my money elsewhere unless they release something now that's better than what's being offered.

Cst79

Oct 5, 2013
Isn't the S6 Edge basically the same shape, and size as the S7 Edge? They only added a MicroSD slot.... same basic design....

http://www.techarmor.com/tech-armor-samsung-galaxy-s6-edge-black-premium-ballistic-glass-screen-protector-worlds-clearest-screen-protector-retail-packaging.html

No, the S7 screen shape is vastly different even if it resembles the one in S6 Edge. But the same company that made the S6 Edge protector can probably do one for the S7 Edge.

Reactions: subz85

UnixSlayer

Dec 28, 2011
NEW YORK CITY
No, the S7 screen shape is vastly different even if it resembles the one in S6 Edge. But the same company that made the S6 Edge protector can probably do one for the S7 Edge.

I've been reading online that the S7 is basically using the same enclosures as the S6.... because Samsung didn't sell a lot of them for lack of the MicroSD slot....

Beefheart

Dec 5, 2007
England
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
I'd like to get one of these glass screens, but at this stage the cheapest I've seen is around £15 from China. I'll wait until the phone is actually in my hands, they'll come down in price soon enough. I have a protective case on order, that's the main thing.

corallus

May 5, 2011
Considering the continued fail to find a perfect glass s6 edge protector, I'd recommend one of the pet solutions myself...

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

mcwoods

May 17, 2008
I ordered the second one on your list and they shipped it the day after I ordered it... Problem is it is coming from China and I didn't know it. Not very happy. When I get it I may ask for a refund if I don't like it.

Dr. Fed

Apr 23, 2010
Boston Area
I just ordered iCarez Samsung Galaxy S7 Tempered Glass Screen Protector
I have used iCarez for several different smartphones and was happy with it most of the time.
71MiW1650dL._SL480_.jpg

so...that's for the S7, not the S7 edge, correct?

AnthonyAn

Feb 20, 2016
www.ainytech.com
For 3D curved tempered glass screen protector for Samsung S7 Edge, it's not all surface with glue, only 4 sides with glue. After testing, full glue will influence screen touch.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This arrived today and I honestly think this could be the answer we've been waiting for.

de7e85dd2d4a8179ecc12041bb4ef43d.jpg

c644ad82f37acfdcb476bd4012e2c36e.jpg

http://www.amazingat.com/products/a...-s7-edge-fully-covered-3d-curved-supremeglass

I've installed it just so haven't had a great deal of time with it but first observations:

- installation was a cinch. The instalation stand makes it a lot easier to apply.

- as advertised it doesn't use tape to secure the protector to the screen. It looks like some sort of clear sillicone which looks a lot neater and doesn't seem to attract particles of dust etc which the tape based ones do. You can barely see it on the edges as it's positioned so well it runs parallel with the visible screen edge.

- feel is excellent, glass like. It's pretty thin too. I'd say <0.33mm.

- not experienced any issues with sensitivity. Feels like it sits real close to the screen.

- I'm not sure if it has a Dot matrix. Think I caught a glimpse of one at one angle but I can't see it again now. If it has, it's pretty small and discreet.

- it covers the whole screen and is 100% transparent.

- worked fine with official samsung led flip case

I'll get some photos of it on the phone later.

Sent from my SM-G935F using XDA-Developers mobile app
    Starting thread for Tempered Glass screen Protectors that cover the whole entire front display* and edge*

AMAZINGthing ASAHI Premium Tempered Glass Full Screen Protector
    $29.90 Clear

GPEL Full Coverage Accessory Glass by Corning® Screen Protector
    $25.00 Black Gold Silver
    Zagg Glass Curve Review

The Zagg Glass Curve is a decent tempered glass screen protector that is unforgiving if you must reapply it. I received it in the mail yesterday directly from Zagg. I immediately applied it and noticed the following:
    (1) The color used to mask the adhesive is not spot on but does indeed give the illusion that the screen protector is a permanently fixed part of the phone.
    (2) The cutouts for the Samsung logo, camera and sensors are not actually etched out, but rather portions of the glass where there is no adhesive (see the image below).
    (3) It is thin - unfortunately I do not have a caliper to measure the actual thickness but it does a good job of 'disappearing'.

I left the protector on before removing it only a few hours later, this brings me to the following points:
    (1) The air gap between the screen and the protector was causing a strange oil slick effect at extreme (non-practical) viewing angles. I unfortunately did not get a shot of this. Please note that this protector does have a 'dot matrix' pattern in order to prevent this from appearing during normal use.
    (2) The adhesive is only good for one application. I attempted to fit the VRS Designs Shine Guard and the protector instantly lifted at all four corners. After reapplication I noticed that the screen was less sensitive just below the Samsung logo and on the lower left and right hand edges. This screen protector is not case friendly. Minus the one exception I discovered; it is compatible with the Spigen Thin Fit.

On a positive note, the glass surface is very smooth and has an oleophobic coating that rivals the phone's glass surface, i.e. it's not a fingerprint 'magnet'.

I do not believe this is the screen protector many have been anticipating. I’d look elsewhere when considering a screen protector for this phone.
    Hey guys.

So bad news (for me) and good news (for everyone else) .

I received my amazingthing protector. And it is indeed an amazing thing (no pun intended) .

It is perfectly clear, even though it appears to me there is no adhesive on the screen. But once u slap it on, it is just like a normal Tempered glass in terms of clarity and touch. So it is definitly a certified go.

Now the bad news for me is that I installed it on my S7E, and then tried to force it into the UAG case, and in doing so I cracked the protector! It broke pretty easily so be careful and don't try to pressure it into any case. Rigid cases like the uag are a no go. But soft and slim cases are ok. I have ordered another one.

But yea, the amazingthing is what we have all been waiting for. If u have been waiting for a proper protector then pull the trigger on this one.

bdce63e1990c85e1daaeac3ead76f8b7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    131a9e5fba750c6bea00a575653ae116.jpg

6023283d961a759b3d030f13cc5a36b8.jpg

0872a2c1c14ac6494b0fd3eff5e5cb21.jpg

07113c49ab94e4c3c8ce683485413e2c.jpg

c7688b84eb08e1e77d2b4d7f491abbe0.jpg

8036c362a4e71f329ff6294bed05fa3b.jpg

Quality best I can do had to use work phone!

Sent from my SM-G935F using XDA-Developers mobile app