Note 2 Otterbox Defender Case Review

Search This thread

Tomo1971

Apr 21, 2012
Fife
Lol at the videos on you tube of people pointing their camera at the Otterbox website and passing their opinion on the Defender case without actually having one in hand.

Muppets

S

IamPro

Dec 2, 2010
So where can I get one of these or the Commuter case in the good old USA? :confused:

elite-fusion

Sep 12, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
man i cant wait till this comes out, just not sure if ill get the black on black, or the grey on black....since i've got the titanium Note 2.....when will these bad boys be available already :( Amazon is all "Temporarily out of stock" and Otterbox states that they are not yet available and coming soon......

I hope i can get one before the holidays at least because I have a trip coming up sometime in the end of Dec.

xXJay_RXx

Apr 13, 2010
Ah idk if I should wait for the Defender or get the Commuter :/

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

WildSioux

Jan 5, 2008
Why couldn't they (otterbox) make a case with a built in stand for the note2? I couldn't wait and have the seidio active case with the stand. To be honest i haven't used it but it could come in handy.

I don't know. Im thinking about getting an otterbox commuter and modding it. Either cut the back of the otterbox and gluing the stand cutout from the seidio with a little flange around it to glue. Or just cut the stand out of the seidii and glue the damn thing to the otterbox.

What do you think?

Asquared

Mar 29, 2010
Why couldn't they (otterbox) make a case with a built in stand for the note2? I couldn't wait and have the seidio active case with the stand. To be honest i haven't used it but it could come in handy.

I don't know. Im thinking about getting an otterbox commuter and modding it. Either cut the back of the otterbox and gluing the stand cutout from the seidio with a little flange around it to glue. Or just cut the stand out of the seidii and glue the damn thing to the otterbox.

What do you think?

The Otterbox Defender case for my old HTC HD2 has a built in stand. The belt clip doubles as a stand -- just lock the back of the clip into one position, and there you go.

mastergrim8

Nov 8, 2012
NY
Bad news, we won't be seeing a Otterbox Defender for quite a while. Smartphone Pedia bumped there date back to the 21st of december instead of the original 4th of december.

P1 Wookie

Jun 10, 2011
South Carolina
I would take what Smartphonepedia says with a grain of salt. Otterbox themselves have not and will not say a date. All these other sites are just speculating.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here ya go ;)

ms1xua.jpg

wgpip.jpg

2vb6glv.jpg

34q683b.jpg

r0r34g.jpg

34611qu.jpg

2wdr0hy.jpg

nn86qg.jpg

4gm87.jpg

24zhh5s.jpg

x3wwm9.jpg

2tpp0.jpg
    I've been waiting for this to turn up for ages and I finally got my hands on the Otterbox Defender last night. It really does add some weight and bulk to the phone but of course offers the protection a lot of people are looking for. I personally like the look of the grey case but the wait for that is still about a month I believe.

Link - http://youtu.be/p7q4EWQfxPs?hd=1

Any questions or feedback are more than welcome
    DISCOVERY

Hey guys, hopefully Otterbox doesnt go through this website lol but anyways..

I was able to place an order for the Otterbox Defender case yesterday directly on their website.

If you go to their site, once the site with the case loads, you will see the add button on the page for a split second before it changes to Coming Soon message, if you click on Add in that split second, it will add it to your cart and you can check out, I placed the order yesterday and it was shipped out yesterday and I should have it on Wednesday of next week already according to FedEx.

Hope this helps for someone because I know that I am a happy camper right now lol
    Otterbox Defender in the car-dock

For everyone that decided to go for the Otterbox Defender we here at IBOLT are just finishing up the active car-dock designed for the Note II & with use of Otterbox cases in particular. See new images below how the gray case looks when in the Dock.
    I just picked up the case and the volume buttons do suck to press :mad: The silicone on the volume feel squishy but needs to be pushed all the way down to make the volume go up or down. I'm a bit disappointed cause the power button feels so perfect. Hopefully I get used to it because I do like the case.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

---------- Post added at 06:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

Don't think it well get any better cause the silicone tabs on the inside just aren't long enough.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

I found a cheap solution for this issue. What I did was use some 3M stick tape (the stuff thats basically 2 sided tape but is Styrofoam) I cut a piece long enoug to cover the volume up and down on the inside of the rubber. I took the paper off that side so that it would stick but left the paper on the side that would make contact with the buttons. Put the case back on the phone and the volume buttons work effortlessly as the power button.

1355149889616.jpg

Nothing fancy but it fixes the problem.

Sent from the best phone on the planet, Apple take Note............