[Q] Reading on the Note Pro

Search This thread

dorkozoid

Jun 30, 2014
Hi guys,

Really interested in the Note Pro, so have been reading up on it a lot. For the sheer size and editting capabilities with the S-Pen, I'm thinking of getting this tablet for studying, reading and working through textbooks, and comicbooks (I have a Kindle for normal books). I was wondering what the screen's like for that? I have a fairly cheap tablet which gives me a bit of eyestrain after reading that for a bit, so was wondering if that's an issue at all after looking at the Note Pro for an hour or two?

I'm really tempted by the specs, and also the possibility of just working through questions on pdfs and stuff, which can be a pain sometimes having to write things on paper and not editting as I like digitally. I suppose using either Hancom or the full Adobe will be useful for this purpose? Making mindmaps, syncing notes (I also have a Note 2 phone, and the Evernote premium subscription included sounds tasty), and not having to carry so many books around would be great.

Another question if you don't mind - CHM files - can anyone recommend an app for those? I've tried a fair few of them and punctuation and page formats never comes across well...

Thanks so much! I just need to convince myself to indulge really, hopefully there'll be a price drop soon ha. It's the last big comfort shop of any sort before medical school finals :/

acejavelin

Inactive Recognized Contributor
You can get this for tablet for $449 refurbished by Samsung on eBay, cheaper than a new iPad, and since they are Samsung refurbished the quality should be excellent...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/331243726518?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

And if you digging on eBay, you can find them "refurbished" (ie. cleaned and tested by the vendor) for around $400... Can't vouch for the quality of those, but the price is decent.

As for your other questions, give me a few days, mine should be here tomorrow... I ordered the one from BuyDig on eBay for $449. :D

Reactions: dorkozoid

ddavtian

Apr 17, 2007
San Francisco Bay Area
I use this tablet few hours a day, great screen, no eyestrain. I use for push email, planner, taking notes, reading and annotating papers and books. I use dropsync for synchronizing everything between tablets. And multi-window is great (watching baseball, or world cup or Wimbledon while working, very productive :) ).

If you can find one within your budget, you won't regret and won't go back.

Last edited:

GMAN1722

Oct 14, 2011
Brooklyn NY
I use this tablet few hours a day, great screen, no eyestrain. I use for push email, planner, taking notes, reading and annotating papers and books. I use dropsync for synchronizing everything between tablets. And multi-window is great (watching baseball, or world cup or Wimbledon while working, very productive :) ).

Yep, that's what I've been telling others. But of course to each his own. But for my purposes this tablet fits the bill exactly and I haven't even rooted it yet (which most likely i will do).

Gatsrom

Oct 5, 2010
Go for it. I read and highlight in textbooks and add notes with ezpdf reader. I do my math and biochem work on it in snote and lecture notes. I read comics on it. I read for fun books on it. Easily 3-5 hours most days. Hancom office works fine. I keep my stuff synced across all devices comp, phone, tablet with dropsync. When I read and highlight at home it updates my tablet file with my new work and the same when I do it on my tablet, my computer copy updates with my highlights and work.

When I was teaching I made some mind maps on it using snote and shapes or you could use hancom and I think you can with google office apps too.

Any other questions?

dorkozoid

Jun 30, 2014
Hi guys, thanks for the responses!

I just bought one off ebay for £370, which is around $640. Having just checked on US ebay it could have been cheaper, but it seems more expensive to buy in the UK, so can't complain. Saved around £80 from the cheapest Amazon, but I wish I didn't get carried away bidding now because the Tab S series gets released here today so may have driven prices down just a bit as well... Anyway I suppose I should be excited for it!

Just hoping I'll actually use it for studying now ha... XD

I use it a lot for reading magazines and comics (PerfectViewer is brilliant for comic files, and the pdf extension of it handles magazines really well). The big screen is wonderful.

I haven't used it for educational purposes other than as a pictureframe for my graduation presentation, but its size is excellent for notetaking and sketching.

And Blurays in QHD on 12.2" are an excellent method of making everyone very jealous of your tablet ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You can get this for tablet for $449 refurbished by Samsung on eBay, cheaper than a new iPad, and since they are Samsung refurbished the quality should be excellent...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/331243726518?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

And if you digging on eBay, you can find them "refurbished" (ie. cleaned and tested by the vendor) for around $400... Can't vouch for the quality of those, but the price is decent.

As for your other questions, give me a few days, mine should be here tomorrow... I ordered the one from BuyDig on eBay for $449. :D

Yep, that's what I've been telling others. But of course to each his own. But for my purposes this tablet fits the bill exactly and I haven't even rooted it yet (which most likely i will do).
    Go for it. I read and highlight in textbooks and add notes with ezpdf reader. I do my math and biochem work on it in snote and lecture notes. I read comics on it. I read for fun books on it. Easily 3-5 hours most days. Hancom office works fine. I keep my stuff synced across all devices comp, phone, tablet with dropsync. When I read and highlight at home it updates my tablet file with my new work and the same when I do it on my tablet, my computer copy updates with my highlights and work.

When I was teaching I made some mind maps on it using snote and shapes or you could use hancom and I think you can with google office apps too.

Any other questions?