Official AT&T 4.3 Update is here!

Search This thread

teslafied

Mar 16, 2009
I did pretty much the same thing with the same result...no wifi. I followed the instructions on SkyNote's forum (2nd post) for ATT installs and flashed this file from their dev-host: http://d-h.st/OYC

I flashed the file using Odin. Rebooted. Still no wifi. Turned on Airplane mode. Waited 60 seconds. Turned off Airplane mode. Wifi now works. Not sure if I should have tried this first, but I had good results.

Good luck, hope this helps

flymacs, thank you so much!!!! I saw that thread but was afraid to try anything, thinking I'd just make things worse. I flashed the file you suggested. Wi-Fi started working as soon as it rebooted. I didn't have to wait a minute or mess with airplane mode.

I read a few threads back that some people are using CF-Auto-Root on this 4.3 OTA successfully. Perhaps I'l give that a try as soon as I get the itch. Hopefully more people will confirm their results.

justforgot

Oct 11, 2012
Sorry guys. I been reading some news that att note 2 4.3 update is released but my device is still on 4.1.2 and i see no update available.
No ota or kies. What should i do.

flymacs

Dec 5, 2009
Paso Robles, CA
flymacs, thank you so much!!!! I saw that thread but was afraid to try anything, thinking I'd just make things worse. I flashed the file you suggested. Wi-Fi started working as soon as it rebooted. I didn't have to wait a minute or mess with airplane mode.

I read a few threads back that some people are using CF-Auto-Root on this 4.3 OTA successfully. Perhaps I'l give that a try as soon as I get the itch. Hopefully more people will confirm their results.

Glad it's working, but the thanks go to the people that put it together.

I also rooted with CF-Auto-Root with no problems. I manually installed SuperSU (Play Store). When I launched SuperSU, it disabled Knox and I've been enjoying this update ever since.

kabinoff

Jan 18, 2011
Well I didn't do anything but come home and use my home wifi..apparently this one works perfectly. ..maybe it was a real router issue at work, but our remote building didn't have a single complaint today... well I'm on 4.3 Knox disabled rooted with X posed framework. OS feel nice.

seanzscreams

Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2010
Atlanta
actually even better and easier if you have the ota .... mk6 installed
and got it through the ota update process
and rooted
and have recovery installed

please make a backup of modem and boot
and upload it pretty please

twrp or philz should give you the option under advanced backup

Jspex

Mar 2, 2012
and rooted

Modem

Boot

Both taken from ota i317ucubmk6

Last edited:

Jspex

Mar 2, 2012
Not available in my twrp backup but if you get me the points I can pull them for you.

Edit*I've been using xda for years, anything I can do to help I will without a single problem. Also Chimera is the sh!t o/ metal
Have you thanked your Developer today?

Last edited:
Reactions: seanzscreams

seanzscreams

Jul 27, 2010
Atlanta
a) adb shell
b) su
c) dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p11 of=/sdcard/tombstones.img
d) exit
e) exit

I dunno this may work

ill look for the param.bin mounts this may not even be the right commands
im just winging it and I really appreciate you trying

its just backing out the wifi needs
that ive been patiently waiting for on sammobile and still has yet to be posted

Jspex

Mar 2, 2012
Tombstones.img commands were right. Its uploading now.

Have you thanked your Developer today?

Jspex

Mar 2, 2012
Awesome :D can't wait to see the amazing stuff you come up with.

If there is anything I can help with just let me know.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: neoissuperman

Jcamacho228

Mar 12, 2012
Can someone please upload the md5 tar version of the file so I can flash this update through Odin cause it's sure not working on CWM or Stock Recovery. I'm either getting Status 7 error or Status 4 error, it never ends. Also the sd card path error. At this point I might just sell this freaking phone and buy one that hasn't been rooted or that isn't rooted and that has successfully updated to 4.3 cause this is driving me crazy.

seanzscreams

Jul 27, 2010
Atlanta
Can someone please upload the md5 tar version of the file so I can flash this update through Odin cause it's sure not working on CWM or Stock Recovery. I'm either getting Status 7 error or Status 4 error, it never ends. Also the sd card path error. At this point I might just sell this freaking phone and buy one that hasn't been rooted or that isn't rooted and that has successfully updated to 4.3 cause this is driving me crazy.

its bc its a patch zip if you extract the zip provided to flash in recovery
wiping your current rom instantly makes the phone inoperable
bc the only files included are that which are being replaced or updated

so flashing the zip in post 9 and wiping factory data resetting etc.
your phone will never boot its meant to be an ota from a previous build( 4.1.2 )

so

you can always flash sky note or ditto note 3 rom or the rogers rom I provided in the devsection until I can finish this rom or sammobile posts a full mk6 release and not just an update file

Last edited:

Jcamacho228

Mar 12, 2012
its bc its a patch zip if you extract the zip provided to flash in recovery
wiping your current rom instantly makes the phone inoperable
bc the only files included are that which are being replaced or updated

so flashing the zip in post 9 and wiping factory data resetting etc.
your phone will never boot its meant to be an ota from a previous build( 4.1.2 )

so

you can always flash sky note or ditto note 3 rom or the rogers rom I provided in the devsection until I can finish this rom or sammobile posts a full mk6 release and not just an update file

Well I rooted and tried to run a few Cyanogenmod roms and none of them installed. I haven't tried running the ditt note 3 rom but I have a feeling it wont install either and I'll be stuck on 4.1.2. for the rest of my life.lol

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is the OTA file http://www.mediafire.com/download/00kavsl80t0gkh9/I317UCUBMK6.zip
    Use recovery to flash it. Only works if updated from MH3 build.
    Is there a flashable version of this? If not, can somebody make one? Thanks.

The update has only been out for a few hours and we are asking for .zip files already ??
    Sheesh...
    Give the devs some time to pull it apart and clean it up...unless you would like Knox and a bootloader lock ??
    and rooted

Modem

Boot

Both taken from ota i317ucubmk6
    Yay! ... sounds like I am stuck.

Do you think there is chances for anything to come out soon, to be able to TWRP easily?
    Sorry, noob-question, but hey, that's what I am ... :cyclops:

Thanks for your help!! Appreciate it!

Check out the thread I posted today in the Dev section... It's stock i317 4.3, which you can flash from twrp. It is rooted, but if unrooted is desired you can do that from SuperSU.

If you're already on the MK6 bootloader there's no way to clear that knox counter, but if you stay on MJ4 or below you can Odin back via UCAMA4, cf-auto-root, run triangle away, then run SuperSU to unroot.... if at any point you want your phone to show as official with no custom counters.

---------- Post added at 05:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 PM ----------

As crazy as this sounds, I wish I could go back to completely unrooted stock 4.3...I did the other day, but after I went back to stock and took the mk6 OTA, I got stupid and rerooted it...So Knox is of course tripped, ..... (yes, I know this sounds weird, but after playing with my phone so much over this past year, I've simply decided I'm done with all that stuff...just personal preference).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

If you've had your phone for a year that Knox counter doesn't mean much... The risk exists only while in warranty should a repair be needed. There's some speculation that it might be used to deny a future OTA update, but that remains to be seen.

The packages I posted today are 100% stock ucubmk6 except for the bootloader, which you already have.

If you want stock recovery, pm me and I'll show you how to set this up.