[THEME] Jumba's NeonGT 2.5 for JVR/JPx/JS3 (31.08 - NEW JVR PORT)

Search This thread

Jumba

Nov 16, 2008
Johannesburg
shot4h.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IF YOU LIKE MY WORK PLEASE CONSIDER A SMALL DONATION. ;)

PAYPAL LINK

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to javistanford, there's now a port for JVR roms. Go here for the details and download. Note, I haven't tested this myself so I welcome any feedback from other users. Enjoy! And thanks again to javistanford for porting it across.

Now confirmed working with new JS3 roms, like Doc's 9.1/Darky's 9.2 as well as other custom JPX/U/Y and JS3 roms.

WARNING: BE EXTRA CAUTIOUS IF YOU'RE USING TEGRAK'S KERNEL. MAKE A BACKUP! THE APPS THAT ARE PRESUMED TO CAUSE PROBLEMS ARE DIALERTABACTIVITY.APK AND PHONE.APK, SO IF YOU'RE USING THAT KERNEL, DELETE THESE TWO APPS FROM THE ZIP BEFORE INSTALLING. THIS ISSUE IS BEING INVESTIGATED.

Introducing NeonGT (NeonGreenTheme):

Hi folks, NeonGreenTheme is my first theme for Android, having done some themes for WinMo back in the day. ;) Greets to all fellow ex-winmo skinners. Because it is my first foray into the world of Android I'm sure some things may not work 100% perfectly, but I have tried to make sure that everything works well on my device (using Spike's JPY 5.1 rom) so it should be okay on other custom JPY roms, and possibly also JPU/X roms (please test if you're feeling brave, but make a backup first).

Confirmed working with Spike's 5.1 JPY, Darky's V7.7/8.0 JPY, Insanity 0.3.1 JPY and Doc's V8.0/1 JPY.

5346229703_792fc0b24d.jpg

Some information on the theme:

The aim of NeonGT is to completely theme the core interface green on black. Green because the pixels are twice as sharp as red and blue. And black because it offers the best power savings.
The big notification icons are from the WDD Reflection Icons set.
Most of the gfx have been re-worked/replaced by myself, but I still have a few to do.
4 lockscreens.
Extended power menu.
Phone with recording function.
Multi-dpi Dialer and Calculator.
Skinned Power Control Widget.
etc.

Credits:

R64 for the framework base and some great advice
Poppuri & loza100 (and Atom960i) for the phone/dialer base and for finally figuring out how to change the clock to green.
Vukandric for the generous help
dena994 for donating the second post for the theming guide.
And everyone else I'm forgetting. ;)

To do:

Skin mms, email, twlauncher and google search.
Remove clock from Epic lockscreen, maybe.

UPDATE: 10.02.2011 - RE-RELEASED VERSION 2.5

I am hoping this will have fixed the problems with the dialer. If any app icons go missing I suspect low system space/your rom/system corruption is the culprit. Make a backup just in case! A tip: flashing Darky's Resurrection rom with repartitioning seems to work in 100% of cases with the theme.

UPDATE: 09.02.2011 - VERSION 2.5

Green clock in status bar.
Themed phone.apk - including built-in call recording.
Updated dialer.
Etc.

This is a full release, meaning all the files are in one zip. You don't need to have any previous versions installed.

Here's the disclaimer: THERE HAVE BEEN SOME RARE ISSUES WITH THE PHONE AND DIALER DISAPPEARING. I AM STILL TRYING TO TRACK THE ISSUE DOWN BUT POSSIBLE CULPRITS COULD BE a) TEGRAK'S KERNEL b) LOW SPACE LEFT ON YOUR SYSTEM PARTITION c) AN ISSUE WITH EMAIL.APK, AS HAS BEEN REPORTED BY OTHER USERS, OR d) SOME CORRUPTION ON YOUR SYSTEM. A FRESH INSTALL OF DARKY'S RESURRECTION ROM WILL FIX ANY ERRORS AND PROVIDE A CLEAN PLATFORM FOR FLASHING. I HAVE TESTED THIS PERSONALLY.

That said, please make a backup of your system before flashing!!! If you don't want to risk it then delete DialerTabActivity.apk, Phone.apk and Phone_Util.apk from the theme zip, as well as the whole /system/lib folder. Then install as usual. Or install the two files separately. Links at the bottom of this post.

Enjoy!

UPDATE: 07.02.2011 - VERSION 2.4

Buttons now have borders.
Updated statusbar icons: tethering, headset, roaming, lock, bluetooth, silent
Updated pattern, puzzle & epic lockscreens.
Changed lockscreen clock font.
Modified progress bars.
Plus a few other small gfx tweaks.

Only apply this patch if you already have 2.x installed. Enjoy! :)

UPDATE: 06.02.2011 - VERSION 2.3

This fixes the wifi icon error and has a few more tweaks to the lockscreens.

Only apply if you already have version 2.0/2.1/2.2 installed.
Sorry for the hassles, this should be working fine now. ;)

UPDATE: 05.02.2011 - VERSION 2.2

Changed the wifi icon again. It's now more like the old one except sharper.
Restored clocks back to the lockscreens. Will remove just the epic one later.
Plus a few more changes to the lockscreen graphics.

Only apply this patch if you have Version 2.0/2.1 already installed.

UPDATE: 05.02.2011 - VERSION 2.1

Skinned the Power Control Widget
Removed clock from epic, glass and puzzle lockscreens
Tweaked/replaced statusbar icons: wifi, chat, sync, sdcard, sim card, error, etc.
Revised the text edit box backgrounds
Changed the notification item highlight colour
Changed chat status icons back to red + green
Tweaked menu popup graphics
Optimized the pngs some more

Enjoy. Make sure you have version 2.0 installed before flashing this update!

UPDATE: 04.02.2011 - VERSION 2.0

Black Buttons only.
Lots more changes to the core apps.
Contacts and Alarm Clock are now fully skinned.
DialerTab tweaked.
Notification bar graphics updated (the tabs are a bit lighter than I'd like, but it makes reading black notification text easier).
etc.

In the interests of time and quality, from now on I will only be updating the black button version. ;)

But enough chit-chat. Screenshots speak louder than words:

From v2.4:

From v2.3-:

v2101.jpg

Wallpaper Pack: - DOWNLOAD

Neonchick Wallpapers (6 versions): - download attached to this post

5346224783_d218d138b2_m.jpg

LauncherPro Docks:

New: NeonGT WDD Reflection LauncherPro Icon Pack added! Over 200 icons to match this theme. All credit to the original creator. I just greened them. ;) (60x60 icons attached to this post, 128x128 version available here)

DON'T try to flash this file - it just contains png icons. Extract to your memory card then select the icons using LauncherPro.

Boot Animations:

Here's a couple of green Nexus S Boot Animations I made:

5346169003_8df9103f57_z.jpg
5346778484_18cf6134b2.jpg

(Download links at the bottom of this post)

Also, here are a couple more animations that work well with the theme. There's this one, and this one here:

They work great, but I'm not going to package them with the theme because not all kernels support custom boot animations. Please make sure yours does before copying them over. All credits to the original creators and thanks for the tips, y0.o! and reflex9000 ;)

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

ONLY INSTALL THIS THEME ON CUSTOM ROMS. IT WILL NOT WORK WITH STOCK ROMS.

The apps include:

ClockPackage.apk
Contacts.apk
Phone.apk
DialerTabActivity.apk
JobManager.apk
MediaProvider.apk
Settings.apk
TouchWizCalculator.apk

If you don't want a certain app installed (e.g. the dialer) then simply delete it from the zip before installing.

Flash the zip using ClockWorkMod Recovery (reboot holding volume up + home key + power button). Select "Install zip from sdcard", then "Choose zip from sdcard". First boot will take some time, so be patient. ;)

I would advise clearing cache and dalvik cache from ClockworkMod recovery first. The "clear cache partition" option is on the main menu and "clear dalvik cache" is in the "Advanced CWM features" submenu. Also, please do a backup using nandroid (this is also accessible in the ClockworkMod menu) just in case something goes wrong.

If your rom doesn't have the stock Samsung music player you can download it from here.

Don't flash the icons pack or the wallpapers, they are regular zips.

Please report any bugs and I'll try my best to fix them. Still figuring some of this stuff out so be patient and make a backup. :p Enjoy.

HOW TO MAKE A BACKUP FLASHABLE ZIP OF YOUR CURRENT THEME:

Using 7-zip or WinRAR, take a look inside the downloaded theme zip file. In there browse to the /system/framework and /system/app folders - these are the files that get installed.

What you need to do is make a note of the file names, then go to your phone and make a copy of the same files from /system/framework and /system/app to a folder on your sdcard.

Then copy this folder over to your pc.

Make a copy of the theme zip and call it e.g. mybackup.zip. Open mybackup.zip and copy the files you've backed up into their respective folders, overwriting the ones that are already there.

Close 7-zip/WinRAR and you're done.

Backup created. You can flash it using ClockworkMod recovery.

DOWNLOADS:

LATEST:

Note: this update is still in testing stage. If you notice any problems please post the name of your rom and a detailed description of the error and I will help you fix it. Thanks!

DOWNLOAD VERSION 2.5 FULL (Flash using ClockworkMod Recovery)

Just added: Multi-DPI enabled dialer.

DOWNLOAD v2.5 DIALER (MULTI-DPI ENABLED) (Install v2.5 full, then this. Flash using ClockworkMod Recovery)

OPTIONAL:

DOWNLOAD GREEN NEXUS S BOOT ANIMATION (flash using ClockworkMod Recovery)
DOWNLOAD GREEN NEXUS S BOOT ANIMATION v2 (flash using ClockworkMod Recovery)
DOWNLOAD WALLPAPER PACK (regular zip, don't flash!)
DOWNLOAD THEMED CALCULATOR (flash using ClockworkMod Recovery)
DOWNLOAD NeonGT SOLID DIALER (multi-DPI enabled, flash separately)
DOWNLOAD NeonGT GLASS DIALER GREEN VERSION (flash separately)
DOWNLOAD NeonGT GLASS DIALER BLUE VERSION (flash separately)
DOWNLOAD NeonGT BLACK BUTTON DIALER (flash separately)

OLD:

DOWNLOAD VERSION 1.8.3 FULL with BLACK BUTTONS - (includes dialer, clock and calculator - flash using ClockworkMod Recovery)
DOWNLOAD VERSION 1.8.3 FULL with GREY BUTTONS - (includes dialer, clock and calculator - flash using ClockworkMod Recovery)
DOWNLOAD VERSION 1.8.3 no CLOCK with BLACK BUTTONS - (includes dialer and calculator - flash using ClockworkMod Recovery)
DOWNLOAD VERSION 1.8.3 no CLOCK with GREY BUTTONS - (includes dialer and calculator - flash using ClockworkMod Recovery)
DOWNLOAD CLOCK with BLACK BUTTONS - (flash using ClockworkMod Recovery)
DOWNLOAD CLOCK with GREY BUTTONS - (flash using ClockworkMod Recovery)
DOWNLOAD VERSION 1.9 with BLACK BUTTONS - PATCH - (install v1.8.3 with black buttons first, then this. Flash using ClockworkMod Recovery)
DOWNLOAD VERSION 1.9 with GREY BUTTONS - PATCH - (install v1.8.3 with grey buttons first, then this. Flash using ClockworkMod Recovery)
DOWNLOAD VERSION 2.0 CORE FILES (flash using ClockworkMod Recovery)
DOWNLOAD VERSION 2.0 APPS (flash using ClockworkMod Recovery)
DOWNLOAD v2.1 UPDATE (install v2.0 first, then this. flash using ClockworkMod Recovery)
DOWNLOAD V2.2 UPDATE (install v2.0 first, then this. flash using ClockworkMod Recovery. Includes changes from 2.1)
DOWNLOAD V2.3 UPDATE (install v2.0 first, then this. flash using ClockworkMod Recovery. Includes changes from 2.1/2.2)
DOWNLOAD V2.4 UPDATE (install v2.0 first, then this. flash using ClockworkMod Recovery. Includes changes from 2.1/2/3)

Attachments

• statusbar_background.9.png.zip
    306 bytes · Views: 564
  • NeonGT_LauncherPro_Docks.zip
    13.3 KB · Views: 902
  • changelog.txt
    8.9 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:

dena994

Apr 16, 2009
ITALY
HOW TO MAKE A THEME by JuMbA

Hi all, I've had a lot of requests for different colours. Let me briefly explain the process so you can understand the complexities involved. It may also inspire you to try it out yourself.

-------------------

Tools Needed:

Android SDK package - add the (sdkpath)/tools folder to your windows environment variable.
Version 1.3.1 (not 1.3.2) of APKTool.
Adobe Photoshop and Fireworks (or other advanced image editing software).
PSPad Editor (or other valid xml editor).
Latest version of the NeonGT theme.
PNGOptimizer.
7-zip.

Extract framework-res.apk from the theme zip file. Decompile this file using APKTool into a folder on your hard drive.

In this folder, edit the xmls in the /res/drawable-hdpi-v4/color , layout , values and drawable folders to change the theme colours to what you like. Note that if you want to recolour the other aspects of the UI such as Task Manager, Contacts, Dialer, Settings, DownloadsProvider, etc. then you will need to repeat this process with all the other .apks in the /system/app folder of the theme zip file. I cannot give detailed xml editing instructions here, but there are a lot of guides available via google.

Now onto the graphics. Take a look inside the /res/drawable-(x)/ folders. Leave all the files that end in .9.png for now, we will get to those in a bit.

You will need to recolour all the .png files, either by using automations in photoshop or batch commands in Gimp etc. so you can recolour a bunch of images at a time. However, mass recolouring is NOT advised due to subtle variations in the original icons that sometimes come out looking horrible if you do a Hue adjustment to all the files at once.

Beware though, because earlier versions of Photoshop (at least CS3) don't handle transparency in 8-bit .pngs, so you'll need to open these in Fireworks instead, or use a 3rd-party plugin like PNGOut for photoshop.

So let's say you've made it this far and have hand/batch-edited a couple of thousand images and successfully edited the colours in all the relevant .xml files. Next is to tackle the .9.png images.

These are different in that they are encoded with stretchable area information so they are able to be scaled in size without distorting the edges or gradients. I kinda like them. :O

If you open any of the decompiled .9.png images in your image editor you will notice they have a transparent 1px block around the image with some black lines. The top and left lines mark the area of the image that can be stretched and the right and bottom lines mark the space that can be occupied by the content of the image before any stretching takes place. I hope this makes sense - it will in time.

You can edit these images using the Fireworks/Photoshop method you used earlier with the regular pngs, but be 100% sure not to change the colour/transparency/lightness/brightness/etc. of the outer 1px border. This is essential or the .9.pngs will not compile. So if all you want to do is recolour the images you'll need to edit them one by one (or be handy with photoshop automations) to make sure the border remains unchanged.

At this point you may also want to run the images through PNGOptimizer to make sure they aren't too big.

Compile using APKTool. Rename the resulting framework-res.apk to .apk.zip and open with 7-zip. Delete the assets folder in the 7-zip window. Open the original theme framework-res.apk file in 7-zip and drag the META-INF and assets folders over to the other 7-zip window, adding them to the new framework-res.apk.zip. Close and rename the new file back to .apk

Oh, I almost forgot, you'll need to repeat this process with Settings.apk and twframework-res.apk.

Almost done. Make a copy of the theme zip file and rename it to (mygroovynwethemeorwhatever).zip - then open it and navigate to the /system/framework folder - drag your new framework-res.apk and twframework-res.apk into this window, click OK - navigate to /system/app and drag over all your other new .apks, click OK and close 7-zip.

Pray. Flash using ClockworkMod.

Last edited:

uppon2

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 27, 2010
Nice work mate. Green is my favorite colour. Will report back

R64

Jul 20, 2010
Enschede
wow,
I love how you themed all the images to match the idea and the image quality looks good too.
Nice work

Virnik0

Sep 14, 2010
Prague
blog.nutcracker.cz
I must say "WELL DONE"
It looks really cool, let's say "Borg - like"
And I do not like Borgs :-D
I mean the green color. But theme itself is really good. Can you make it in blue?
Will you allow me to take some parts from it, and include it (with credits) in my own theme?
I am still playing with themes, I have made few myself, few was re-constructed from other themes. Especially I like icons you have made. They are cute.

Jumba

Nov 16, 2008
Johannesburg
Thanks guys, appreciate the feedback. :) I'll possibly look at other colours in future but, as I'm sure the other themers know, editing thousands of pngs takes ages. Gonna take a break once I've skinned more system apps then see what's next. fyi, the font is Calibri.

Will you allow me to take some parts from it, and include it (with credits) in my own theme?

No problem. ;)

Last edited:

mecc1

Oct 29, 2010
Looks awesome! ...but i really don't like green /cry
Any chance for a blue one? ;)

Jumba

Nov 16, 2008
Johannesburg
Tnx for the feedback. Please let me know if it's tested successfully on your rom (I'm mainly interested in JPU/X results).

Jumba

Nov 16, 2008
Johannesburg
Just installed the theme over darky v.8 and i love it.

1 thing though notification bar is to transparent. I see the icons trough the icons look a litle bit messie.

Sorry for my english

Send from a SGS powered by Darky on XDA app.

Cheers m8, I was wondering if it wasn't too transparent. Will make the dropdown darker.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    shot4h.jpg

IF YOU LIKE MY WORK PLEASE CONSIDER A SMALL DONATION. ;)

PAYPAL LINK

Thanks to javistanford, there's now a port for JVR roms. Go here for the details and download. Note, I haven't tested this myself so I welcome any feedback from other users. Enjoy! And thanks again to javistanford for porting it across.

Now confirmed working with new JS3 roms, like Doc's 9.1/Darky's 9.2 as well as other custom JPX/U/Y and JS3 roms.

WARNING: BE EXTRA CAUTIOUS IF YOU'RE USING TEGRAK'S KERNEL. MAKE A BACKUP! THE APPS THAT ARE PRESUMED TO CAUSE PROBLEMS ARE DIALERTABACTIVITY.APK AND PHONE.APK, SO IF YOU'RE USING THAT KERNEL, DELETE THESE TWO APPS FROM THE ZIP BEFORE INSTALLING. THIS ISSUE IS BEING INVESTIGATED.

Introducing NeonGT (NeonGreenTheme):

Hi folks, NeonGreenTheme is my first theme for Android, having done some themes for WinMo back in the day. ;) Greets to all fellow ex-winmo skinners. Because it is my first foray into the world of Android I'm sure some things may not work 100% perfectly, but I have tried to make sure that everything works well on my device (using Spike's JPY 5.1 rom) so it should be okay on other custom JPY roms, and possibly also JPU/X roms (please test if you're feeling brave, but make a backup first).

Confirmed working with Spike's 5.1 JPY, Darky's V7.7/8.0 JPY, Insanity 0.3.1 JPY and Doc's V8.0/1 JPY.

5346229703_792fc0b24d.jpg

Some information on the theme:

The aim of NeonGT is to completely theme the core interface green on black. Green because the pixels are twice as sharp as red and blue. And black because it offers the best power savings.
    The big notification icons are from the WDD Reflection Icons set.
    Most of the gfx have been re-worked/replaced by myself, but I still have a few to do.
    4 lockscreens.
    Extended power menu.
    Phone with recording function.
    Multi-dpi Dialer and Calculator.
    Skinned Power Control Widget.
    etc.

Credits:

R64 for the framework base and some great advice
    Poppuri & loza100 (and Atom960i) for the phone/dialer base and for finally figuring out how to change the clock to green.
    Vukandric for the generous help
    dena994 for donating the second post for the theming guide.
    And everyone else I'm forgetting. ;)

To do:

Skin mms, email, twlauncher and google search.
    Remove clock from Epic lockscreen, maybe.

UPDATE: 10.02.2011 - RE-RELEASED VERSION 2.5

I am hoping this will have fixed the problems with the dialer. If any app icons go missing I suspect low system space/your rom/system corruption is the culprit. Make a backup just in case! A tip: flashing Darky's Resurrection rom with repartitioning seems to work in 100% of cases with the theme.

UPDATE: 09.02.2011 - VERSION 2.5

Updated dialer.
    Etc.

This is a full release, meaning all the files are in one zip. You don't need to have any previous versions installed.

Here's the disclaimer: THERE HAVE BEEN SOME RARE ISSUES WITH THE PHONE AND DIALER DISAPPEARING. I AM STILL TRYING TO TRACK THE ISSUE DOWN BUT POSSIBLE CULPRITS COULD BE a) TEGRAK'S KERNEL b) LOW SPACE LEFT ON YOUR SYSTEM PARTITION c) AN ISSUE WITH EMAIL.APK, AS HAS BEEN REPORTED BY OTHER USERS, OR d) SOME CORRUPTION ON YOUR SYSTEM. A FRESH INSTALL OF DARKY'S RESURRECTION ROM WILL FIX ANY ERRORS AND PROVIDE A CLEAN PLATFORM FOR FLASHING. I HAVE TESTED THIS PERSONALLY.

That said, please make a backup of your system before flashing!!! If you don't want to risk it then delete DialerTabActivity.apk, Phone.apk and Phone_Util.apk from the theme zip, as well as the whole /system/lib folder. Then install as usual. Or install the two files separately. Links at the bottom of this post.

Enjoy!

UPDATE: 07.02.2011 - VERSION 2.4

Buttons now have borders.
    Updated statusbar icons: tethering, headset, roaming, lock, bluetooth, silent
    Updated pattern, puzzle & epic lockscreens.
    Changed lockscreen clock font.
    Modified progress bars.
    Plus a few other small gfx tweaks.

Only apply this patch if you already have 2.x installed. Enjoy! :)

UPDATE: 06.02.2011 - VERSION 2.3

This fixes the wifi icon error and has a few more tweaks to the lockscreens.

Only apply if you already have version 2.0/2.1/2.2 installed.
    Sorry for the hassles, this should be working fine now. ;)

UPDATE: 05.02.2011 - VERSION 2.2

Changed the wifi icon again. It's now more like the old one except sharper.
    Restored clocks back to the lockscreens. Will remove just the epic one later.
    Plus a few more changes to the lockscreen graphics.

Only apply this patch if you have Version 2.0/2.1 already installed.

UPDATE: 05.02.2011 - VERSION 2.1

Skinned the Power Control Widget
    Removed clock from epic, glass and puzzle lockscreens
    Tweaked/replaced statusbar icons: wifi, chat, sync, sdcard, sim card, error, etc.
    Revised the text edit box backgrounds
    Changed the notification item highlight colour
    Changed chat status icons back to red + green
    Tweaked menu popup graphics
    Optimized the pngs some more

Enjoy. Make sure you have version 2.0 installed before flashing this update!

UPDATE: 04.02.2011 - VERSION 2.0

Black Buttons only.
    DialerTab tweaked.
    Notification bar graphics updated (the tabs are a bit lighter than I'd like, but it makes reading black notification text easier).
    etc.

In the interests of time and quality, from now on I will only be updating the black button version. ;)

But enough chit-chat. Screenshots speak louder than words:

From v2.4:

From v2.3-:

v2101.jpg

Wallpaper Pack: - DOWNLOAD

Neonchick Wallpapers (6 versions): - download attached to this post

5346224783_d218d138b2_m.jpg

LauncherPro Docks:

New: NeonGT WDD Reflection LauncherPro Icon Pack added! Over 200 icons to match this theme. All credit to the original creator. I just greened them. ;) (60x60 icons attached to this post, 128x128 version available here)

DON'T try to flash this file - it just contains png icons. Extract to your memory card then select the icons using LauncherPro.

Boot Animations:

Here's a couple of green Nexus S Boot Animations I made:

5346169003_8df9103f57_z.jpg
    5346778484_18cf6134b2.jpg

(Download links at the bottom of this post)

Also, here are a couple more animations that work well with the theme. There's this one, and this one here:

They work great, but I'm not going to package them with the theme because not all kernels support custom boot animations. Please make sure yours does before copying them over. All credits to the original creators and thanks for the tips, y0.o! and reflex9000 ;)

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

ONLY INSTALL THIS THEME ON CUSTOM ROMS. IT WILL NOT WORK WITH STOCK ROMS.

The apps include:

ClockPackage.apk
    Contacts.apk
    Phone.apk
    DialerTabActivity.apk
    JobManager.apk
    MediaProvider.apk
    Settings.apk
    TouchWizCalculator.apk

If you don't want a certain app installed (e.g. the dialer) then simply delete it from the zip before installing.

Flash the zip using ClockWorkMod Recovery (reboot holding volume up + home key + power button). Select "Install zip from sdcard", then "Choose zip from sdcard". First boot will take some time, so be patient. ;)

I would advise clearing cache and dalvik cache from ClockworkMod recovery first. The "clear cache partition" option is on the main menu and "clear dalvik cache" is in the "Advanced CWM features" submenu. Also, please do a backup using nandroid (this is also accessible in the ClockworkMod menu) just in case something goes wrong.

If your rom doesn't have the stock Samsung music player you can download it from here.

Don't flash the icons pack or the wallpapers, they are regular zips.

Please report any bugs and I'll try my best to fix them. Still figuring some of this stuff out so be patient and make a backup. :p Enjoy.

HOW TO MAKE A BACKUP FLASHABLE ZIP OF YOUR CURRENT THEME:

Using 7-zip or WinRAR, take a look inside the downloaded theme zip file. In there browse to the /system/framework and /system/app folders - these are the files that get installed.

What you need to do is make a note of the file names, then go to your phone and make a copy of the same files from /system/framework and /system/app to a folder on your sdcard.

Then copy this folder over to your pc.

Make a copy of the theme zip and call it e.g. mybackup.zip. Open mybackup.zip and copy the files you've backed up into their respective folders, overwriting the ones that are already there.

Close 7-zip/WinRAR and you're done.

Backup created. You can flash it using ClockworkMod recovery.

DOWNLOADS:

LATEST:

Note: this update is still in testing stage. If you notice any problems please post the name of your rom and a detailed description of the error and I will help you fix it. Thanks!

Just added: Multi-DPI enabled dialer.

DOWNLOAD v2.5 DIALER (MULTI-DPI ENABLED) (Install v2.5 full, then this. Flash using ClockworkMod Recovery)

OPTIONAL:

DOWNLOAD GREEN NEXUS S BOOT ANIMATION (flash using ClockworkMod Recovery)
    DOWNLOAD GREEN NEXUS S BOOT ANIMATION v2 (flash using ClockworkMod Recovery)
    DOWNLOAD WALLPAPER PACK (regular zip, don't flash!)
    DOWNLOAD THEMED CALCULATOR (flash using ClockworkMod Recovery)
    DOWNLOAD NeonGT SOLID DIALER (multi-DPI enabled, flash separately)
    DOWNLOAD NeonGT GLASS DIALER GREEN VERSION (flash separately)
    DOWNLOAD NeonGT GLASS DIALER BLUE VERSION (flash separately)
    DOWNLOAD NeonGT BLACK BUTTON DIALER (flash separately)

OLD:

DOWNLOAD VERSION 1.8.3 FULL with BLACK BUTTONS - (includes dialer, clock and calculator - flash using ClockworkMod Recovery)
    DOWNLOAD VERSION 1.8.3 FULL with GREY BUTTONS - (includes dialer, clock and calculator - flash using ClockworkMod Recovery)
    DOWNLOAD VERSION 1.8.3 no CLOCK with BLACK BUTTONS - (includes dialer and calculator - flash using ClockworkMod Recovery)
    DOWNLOAD VERSION 1.8.3 no CLOCK with GREY BUTTONS - (includes dialer and calculator - flash using ClockworkMod Recovery)
    DOWNLOAD CLOCK with BLACK BUTTONS - (flash using ClockworkMod Recovery)
    DOWNLOAD CLOCK with GREY BUTTONS - (flash using ClockworkMod Recovery)
    DOWNLOAD VERSION 1.9 with BLACK BUTTONS - PATCH - (install v1.8.3 with black buttons first, then this. Flash using ClockworkMod Recovery)
    DOWNLOAD VERSION 1.9 with GREY BUTTONS - PATCH - (install v1.8.3 with grey buttons first, then this. Flash using ClockworkMod Recovery)
    DOWNLOAD VERSION 2.0 CORE FILES (flash using ClockworkMod Recovery)
    DOWNLOAD VERSION 2.0 APPS (flash using ClockworkMod Recovery)
    DOWNLOAD v2.1 UPDATE (install v2.0 first, then this. flash using ClockworkMod Recovery)
    DOWNLOAD V2.2 UPDATE (install v2.0 first, then this. flash using ClockworkMod Recovery. Includes changes from 2.1)
    DOWNLOAD V2.3 UPDATE (install v2.0 first, then this. flash using ClockworkMod Recovery. Includes changes from 2.1/2.2)
    DOWNLOAD V2.4 UPDATE (install v2.0 first, then this. flash using ClockworkMod Recovery. Includes changes from 2.1/2/3)
    Jumba JVR Versio 2.5.1 [Ported From 2.5GT]

Features

1. 9 Lock-screens and Extended Power Menu
    2. SIP And VOIP enabled
    3. No Increasing Ringtone
    4. Neldar's BLN [SMS + Call notification Support]
    5. Browser Lag Fixed [Framework Hacked and Optimized]
    6. EDT Tweak Program
    7. Sms hack
    8. Call Log Hack
    9. 7 Toggle Notification Bar
    10. Optimized Touchwizard
    11. Green Over-glow

The features imported from my ROM [Amestris V3.2]

install From recovery

Jumba_s_JVR_NeonGT_2.5_1.zip25.89 MB

thanks Jumba for Great Work;)
    HOW TO MAKE A THEME by JuMbA

Hi all, I've had a lot of requests for different colours. Let me briefly explain the process so you can understand the complexities involved. It may also inspire you to try it out yourself.

-------------------

Tools Needed:

Android SDK package - add the (sdkpath)/tools folder to your windows environment variable.
    Version 1.3.1 (not 1.3.2) of APKTool.
    Adobe Photoshop and Fireworks (or other advanced image editing software).
    PSPad Editor (or other valid xml editor).
    Latest version of the NeonGT theme.
    PNGOptimizer.
    7-zip.

Extract framework-res.apk from the theme zip file. Decompile this file using APKTool into a folder on your hard drive.

In this folder, edit the xmls in the /res/drawable-hdpi-v4/color , layout , values and drawable folders to change the theme colours to what you like. Note that if you want to recolour the other aspects of the UI such as Task Manager, Contacts, Dialer, Settings, DownloadsProvider, etc. then you will need to repeat this process with all the other .apks in the /system/app folder of the theme zip file. I cannot give detailed xml editing instructions here, but there are a lot of guides available via google.

Now onto the graphics. Take a look inside the /res/drawable-(x)/ folders. Leave all the files that end in .9.png for now, we will get to those in a bit.

You will need to recolour all the .png files, either by using automations in photoshop or batch commands in Gimp etc. so you can recolour a bunch of images at a time. However, mass recolouring is NOT advised due to subtle variations in the original icons that sometimes come out looking horrible if you do a Hue adjustment to all the files at once.

Beware though, because earlier versions of Photoshop (at least CS3) don't handle transparency in 8-bit .pngs, so you'll need to open these in Fireworks instead, or use a 3rd-party plugin like PNGOut for photoshop.

So let's say you've made it this far and have hand/batch-edited a couple of thousand images and successfully edited the colours in all the relevant .xml files. Next is to tackle the .9.png images.

These are different in that they are encoded with stretchable area information so they are able to be scaled in size without distorting the edges or gradients. I kinda like them. :O

If you open any of the decompiled .9.png images in your image editor you will notice they have a transparent 1px block around the image with some black lines. The top and left lines mark the area of the image that can be stretched and the right and bottom lines mark the space that can be occupied by the content of the image before any stretching takes place. I hope this makes sense - it will in time.

You can edit these images using the Fireworks/Photoshop method you used earlier with the regular pngs, but be 100% sure not to change the colour/transparency/lightness/brightness/etc. of the outer 1px border. This is essential or the .9.pngs will not compile. So if all you want to do is recolour the images you'll need to edit them one by one (or be handy with photoshop automations) to make sure the border remains unchanged.

At this point you may also want to run the images through PNGOptimizer to make sure they aren't too big.

Compile using APKTool. Rename the resulting framework-res.apk to .apk.zip and open with 7-zip. Delete the assets folder in the 7-zip window. Open the original theme framework-res.apk file in 7-zip and drag the META-INF and assets folders over to the other 7-zip window, adding them to the new framework-res.apk.zip. Close and rename the new file back to .apk

Oh, I almost forgot, you'll need to repeat this process with Settings.apk and twframework-res.apk.

Almost done. Make a copy of the theme zip file and rename it to (mygroovynwethemeorwhatever).zip - then open it and navigate to the /system/framework folder - drag your new framework-res.apk and twframework-res.apk into this window, click OK - navigate to /system/app and drag over all your other new .apks, click OK and close 7-zip.

Pray. Flash using ClockworkMod.
    UPDATE: VERSION 2.5 RELEASED

Updated dialer.
    Etc.

That said, please make a backup of your system before flashing!!! If you don't want to risk it then delete DialerTabActivity.apk, Phone.apk and Phone_Util.apk from the theme zip, as well as the whole /system/lib folder. Then install as usual. Or install the two files separately. Links below.

Enjoy!

DOWNLOAD VERSION 2.5 WITHOUT PHONE & DIALER
    DOWNLOAD DIALER & PHONE

-
    yes sir. done that. it says "can't find camera driver" or something like that and FC. I have just tried from at clean install, and same problem. not good course I really like your theme.

First time I've heard of that error. Unfortunately without being able to replicate it there's not very much I can do about it.... :( I would like to hear from others if they are having problems with the camera and barcode scanner to see if it really is an isolated incident.

Anyway, try version 2.0 - maybe you'll have better luck. ;)

UPDATE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED

Black Buttons only.
    DialerTab tweaked.
    etc.

This release is split into two parts: 1, the core files and 2, the skinned apps.

The apps zip contains:

ClockPackage.apk
    Contacts.apk
    DialerTabActivity.apk
    JobManager.apk
    MediaProvider.apk
    Settings.apk
    TouchWizCalculator.apk

Install the core files first then the apps. If you don't want a certain app installed (e.g. the dialer) then simply delete it from the zip before installing. But do install both zips. Enjoy!

Still to do:

Skin mms.apk, phone.apk and google search.
    Remove clock from Epic lockscreen.

DOWNLOAD VERSION 2.0 CORE FILES
    DOWNLOAD VERSION 2.0 APPS