[GUIDE] How to apply RUU to HTC unlocked bootloader devices

Search This thread

Albert Poon

Aug 7, 2010
If you unlocked your device using HTC unlock method (www.htcdev.com), and accidentally bricked your device (like I did, my device hangs in the HTC logo screen during boot), last resort is to apply RUU to resurrect your device.

Requirement:
1. The device can still enter FASTBOOT
2. You have the corresponding RUU

Procedure:
1. Enter FASTBOOT, and then connect to your computer (FASTBOOT USB will be shown)
2. Open command prompt in your computer
3. Relock your device by typing "fastboot oem lock" (you should know what is this if you HTC-unlock your phone before), the device will reboot.
4. Enter FASTBOOT again (you will see *** RELOCKED ***)
5. Apply the RUU
6. You device will be stocked

Note: The device must be relocked in order to apply the RUU.

graffixnyc

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 21, 2011
New York City
www.graffixnyc.com
I keep getting errors with all RUUs, I've tried all of them and believe me, I tried pretty hard all day long!!! No luck yet but will keep trying tomorrow.

You can only use the 2.08 RUU. No earlier RUU's will flash. HTC built in Hboot version checks(among other checks) so if the Hboot in the RUU you are trying to flash is older than the 1.50 bootloader it will not flash.

If you are using the 2.08 RUU you have to relock before the RUU will flash.

bk718

Jun 23, 2007
Charlotte, NC
please dont take this in the wrong way.. just informational to the OP...

1. u did NOT brick ur device.. this term seems to now be loosely thrown around.. if ur able to get ur phone back to a working rom whether it be stock or custom, its not bricked..

2. when u make a thread like this, i would suggest posting the RUU u used so that way people that dont know better wont go around trying to flash every RUU they see..

3. although i said in the last statement that i would suggest posting the RUU u used, its a good thing you didn't because u are using a GSM EVO 3D, and this is the CDMA EVO 3D section... you should have created ur thread in the GSM EVO 3D development section not here..

i could throw a couple more pointers like this isn't even development to begin with, but by now i think u get what im saying...

i know ur intentions were to help people, and thats great.. but next time start with the correct forum..

please, lets keep GSM EVO 3D stuff in the designated section (unless its a port)

zedomax

Mar 23, 2010
Daly City, CA
HighOnAndroid.com
tried that

You can only use the 2.08 RUU. No earlier RUU's will flash. HTC built in Hboot version checks(among other checks) so if the Hboot in the RUU you are trying to flash is older than the 1.50 bootloader it will not flash.

If you are using the 2.08 RUU you have to relock before the RUU will flash.

I've tried it but not working with the 2.08 RUU, can anyone verify this works? I've locked my phone before doing it. Will try again but dunno.

cmyasika1

Aug 17, 2010
Perris, CA
I relocked my device and when I try to run the "RUU_SuperSonic_S_Sprint_WWE_3.70.651.1_Radio_2.15.00.11.19_NV_1.90_release_161482_signed, the tool tells me that the battery is below 30% .Any clue why?

nkd

Aug 12, 2010
worked for me, people pay attention use the 2.08 ruu on the cdma version, it is updating my phone as I type this.

imswantip

May 15, 2009
ruu :(

SuperSonic is the evo 4g shooter is the evo 3d you are using the wrong ruu...

i relocked my bootloader and still getting error with the 2.08 ruu???

I relocked my device and when I try to run the "RUU_SuperSonic_S_Sprint_WWE_3.70.651.1_Radio_2.15.00.11.19_NV_1.90_release_161482_signed, the tool tells me that the battery is below 30% .Any clue why?

Albert Poon

Aug 7, 2010
please dont take this in the wrong way.. just informational to the OP...

1. u did NOT brick ur device.. this term seems to now be loosely thrown around.. if ur able to get ur phone back to a working rom whether it be stock or custom, its not bricked..

2. when u make a thread like this, i would suggest posting the RUU u used so that way people that dont know better wont go around trying to flash every RUU they see..

3. although i said in the last statement that i would suggest posting the RUU u used, its a good thing you didn't because u are using a GSM EVO 3D, and this is the CDMA EVO 3D section... you should have created ur thread in the GSM EVO 3D development section not here..

i could throw a couple more pointers like this isn't even development to begin with, but by now i think u get what im saying...

i know ur intentions were to help people, and thats great.. but next time start with the correct forum..

please, lets keep GSM EVO 3D stuff in the designated section (unless its a port)

Thanks bk718, I figured that after I flashed a correct version of recovery. Before that I have no idea what the heck is GSM/CDMA version because the HTC phones I used before do not have such difference.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you unlocked your device using HTC unlock method (www.htcdev.com), and accidentally bricked your device (like I did, my device hangs in the HTC logo screen during boot), last resort is to apply RUU to resurrect your device.

Requirement:
    1. The device can still enter FASTBOOT
    2. You have the corresponding RUU

Procedure:
    1. Enter FASTBOOT, and then connect to your computer (FASTBOOT USB will be shown)
    2. Open command prompt in your computer
    3. Relock your device by typing "fastboot oem lock" (you should know what is this if you HTC-unlock your phone before), the device will reboot.
    4. Enter FASTBOOT again (you will see *** RELOCKED ***)
    5. Apply the RUU
    6. You device will be stocked

Note: The device must be relocked in order to apply the RUU.