XpLoDWilD

Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 19, 2009
France
www.xplod.fr
Last edited:

pendragon11

Oct 31, 2011
admittedly, i'm new to fastboot, so i'm guessing i'm missing something completely fundamental. I have however, worked with a number of droids without issue in the past (without any issues i care to recall that is)
Before the typo correction i was having the reported error, and now all i get is the fastboot menu... I'm running cmd and then entering "fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash recovery recovery.img" with recovery in the same directory. not getting any errors, just the base menu.
as others have reported this working, i think i'm foolishly missing something.
unlocked successfully by the way

thanks

XpLoDWilD

Nov 19, 2009
France
www.xplod.fr
Really must be missing something obvious ...

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using XDA Premium HD app

Let's re-do it step by step:

• Put fastboot.exe and recovery.img in C:\recovery\
  • Open cmd, type "cd c:\recovery"
  • Connect your tablet in fastboot mode
  • type fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash recovery recovery.img

There's no reason it wouldn't work

Valorster

May 11, 2010
Just a question;

Am on us.26 rooted.
but I want to go back to ww.26 because my device is ww and so am I. Lol
I can't get the update. 29 ota
Can I flash ww.26 over my us.26 then do your recovery and simply root with your program?

Thx in advance.

pendragon11

Oct 31, 2011
still no go

i've tried a few avenues without any success. early on I had a problem with adbwinapi.dll missing, and i replaced it with an older one from an LG Revolution package, i'm guessing this is where i messed myself up. Can someone help me out and post their file from the system32 folder? as of now, any fastboot commands end up showing me the fastboot menu...
also, fairly early on I had an issue with my external sd card. after ejecting it improperly, I wound up with SOD. When cold booting, I accidentally hit RCK and it froze. After a reboot, my RCK no longer worked (gutted android, and I didn't really know if it ever had worked). Once I realized it was the card, everything but the RCK was repaired. just trying to identify all my individual variables

still thinking this package is solid and i have a local error caused by stupidity/beer

thanks very much

Last edited:

XpLoDWilD

Nov 19, 2009
France
www.xplod.fr
i've tried a few avenues without any success. early on I had a problem with adbwinapi.dll missing, and i replaced it with an older one from an LG Revolution package, i'm guessing this is where i messed myself up. Can someone help me out and post their file from the system32 folder? as of now, any fastboot commands end up showing me the fastboot menu...
also, fairly early on I had an issue with my external sd card. after ejecting it improperly, I wound up with SOD. When cold booting, I accidentally hit RCK and it froze. After a reboot, my RCK no longer worked (gutted android, and I didn't really know if it ever had worked). Once I realized it was the card, everything but the RCK was repaired. just trying to identify all my individual variables

still thinking this package is solid and i have a local error caused by stupidity/beer

thanks very much

Before CWM, my RCK never worked (the opened droid with a red exclamation mark).

To be safe, download the Android SDK from Android Developers official website. Only install "Platform tools" to get fastboot with the right dlls.

pendragon11

Oct 31, 2011
Before CWM, my RCK never worked (the opened droid with a red exclamation mark).

To be safe, download the Android SDK from Android Developers official website. Only install "Platform tools" to get fastboot with the right dlls.

tried this too....

still getting the screen describing fastboot actions, even tried placing everything in C:\recovery and following those directions exactly....

---------- Post added at 10:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 AM ----------

going to try on my desktop now. still pretty certain these errors are on my end and not in the package itself.

peterperfect

Jun 15, 2011
Rio de Janeiro
Great, just figured out that my pad has the serial issue that has been related on the unlock thread now I can't unlock and flash cwm. Fuuuuuuuuuu!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

Novek

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 19, 2008
Tønsberg
I'm also getting the fastboot menu. -i seems to not exist as a command...?

I'm on xubuntu 12.04 btw...

XpLoDWilD

Nov 19, 2009
France
www.xplod.fr
I'm also getting the fastboot menu. -i seems to not exist as a command...?

I'm on xubuntu 12.04 btw...

Can you paste the output of "fastboot" command? The -i option should be listed... Do you use the SDK version?

Edit: After investigation, it looks like the standalone fastboot I posted doesn't contains the -i option... So get it from the SDK :) (I might upload a new standalone version myself tonight)

Last edited:
Reactions: Novek

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everyone!

I'm proud to present CWM recovery for our beloved TF300T !

Code:
    #include 
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about this recovery
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Requirements:
    • TF300T :)
    • Fastboot (Included in Android SDK, or Google for a recent version. SDK is the best way to go.)
    • Unlocked bootloader (look on Asus Support Download)

Step-by-step guide
    1. Download the right CWM version. If you are running official Jelly Bean ASUS rom, you need the Jelly Bean version. Otherwise, take the normal version.
    2. Unlock your bootloader with Asus Unlock app
    3. Connect your tablet to your computer
    4. Shutdown your tablet
    5. Hold Power + Vol Down until a message appears (it doesn't appear anymore on Jelly Bean bootloader) ("Press Vol. Up to enter RCK (5s)") : DON'T PRESS VOL UP
    6. After 5 seconds, a new menu appears (if it's not already there). Press Vol Down once to change to the USB icon, then press Vol. Up to validate (you have to do this in less than 10 seconds, otherwise your tablet will boot Android OS)
    7. At this point, your computer should recognize Fastboot device (Windows will notify you here, OSX/Linux stays calm)
    8. Flash recovery image with fastboot: fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash recovery recovery.img (if we suppose recovery.img is in your current directory)
    9. Once the operation is done, type fastboot -i 0x0B05 reboot to reboot your tablet

You now have CWM installed. To access it, shutdown your tablet and press Power + Vol Down, then either press Vol Up before the 5s timeout or press Vol Up on the "RCK" icon. After a few seconds, you'll be in CWM interface.

- Can I backup/restore at anytime?
    Yes, you can use all CWM features without any restriction.

- Can it break something?
    Even in case of error during fastboot, only your recovery partition will be broken. You can reflash it as many times as you want via fastboot, and even with a broken recovery partition you can still successfully boot your tablet.

- Does this bring root?
    See second post.

- Does it work with any firmware?
    Yes.

- I wiped everything but didn't put a ROM on my sdcard, what to do?!
    Calm down, you're not bricked, you're just a bit dumb. Go in "Install zip from sdcard" until you reach list files, so the sdcard is mounted. Then, open a command prompt, and do "adb push c:\path\to\the\rom.zip /sdcard/". Wait, and once done your rom.zip will appear in the files list when you go back and forth in files list.

If you have any question, feel free to discuss in this topic. You can also join us on Freenode, #teamhacksung-support (don't be afraid, people there are mostly Samsung ;))

If you want to support me, hit the Donate to me button up ahead under my nickname. It's greatly appreciated.

After flashing CWM, you might also want root. It's easy, just flash the attached zip :)

REFLASHING STOCK ROM

At anytime, as long as you have CWM installed, you can flash Asus' official stock ROMs.
    Unzip ONCE the ZIP you download from Asus. You should have another zip. Flash this ZIP with CWM.
    Really must be missing something obvious ...

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using XDA Premium HD app

Let's re-do it step by step:

• Put fastboot.exe and recovery.img in C:\recovery\
    • Open cmd, type "cd c:\recovery"
    • Connect your tablet in fastboot mode
    • type fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash recovery recovery.img

There's no reason it wouldn't work
    Hi there, updated the first post with a recovery for Jelly Bean bootloader. Also, it does now support external SD, and fixed a few things.

Please DO NOT upgrade to JB bootloader for now, as you'd loose nvflash support.
    Here is the Video guide to set up CWM on your TF300. I hope you like it ;)

If this helped in any way, please feel free to press the THANKS button and if you do happen to have a few clicks to spare, please go to our channel to LIKE, COMMENT and SUBSCRIBE as we'd really appreciate it, Thanks in advance :D