Nailed it!!!!!!!!! My 4g is back again

Search This thread

demension21

Jan 17, 2011
Laval
Last week, I did the most stupid thing on my note 2 (SGH-t889). I saw a rom that i liked for the n7100 and flashed on my 889v. Of course, rom works fine but no DATA OR VOICE :crying:crying:

So I flashed my phone with my previous rom and I had data again. All of a sudden, after installing all my apps, I lost the connection. My phone went completely crazy
i saw unknown baseband on settings / phone status; phone rebooted itself. I tried to flash a stock rom, or even flash the 889v modem on any rom and no luck; i was on a constant boot loop

I had to flash another modem from T-Mobile to get out of boot looping (MODEM: T889UVALL4_Modem-Jan_16_13-teshxx) but i couldn't get on any network even if I my phone could detect them (I'm on Videotron).

I've searched xda and other sitEs for solution on how to fix an almost empty esf folder. On a tmo modem my emei was 0 0 and on videotron modem it was null.

SOLUTION

My efs folder was almost empty; no nv_data.bin and those other files.

I went across this site

http://galaxynote2root.com/galaxy-note-2-tutorials/how-to-enable-t-mobile-3g4g-aws-bands-on-att-galaxy-note-2-sgh-i317/

It's a tutorial on how to enable aws on the AT&T note 2. It had just what i needed: a qcn file. Ive follwed the directions on the site; flashed the qcn file with the QPST software and rebooted the phone. My emei was a bunch of 0. No signal still but the battle wasn't loss.

On this thread
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1804117

I've used the EMEI NVitem generator to create en encrypted file of my EMEI
Put it on the the NV reader / writer, reboted the phone

And VOILA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i got my signal back but with a tmo modem (MODEM: T889UVALL4_Modem-Jan_16_13-teshxx)
my 4g is back and my gps is working flawwless

Now, just to let you know, I'm not a developer and i take no credit for this. Even if this thread get approved or deleted, I just wanted to help other members like me who are stuck on the same situation (especially 889v owners). At the end.... MY PHONE IS BACK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ohhhh! i allmost forgot....

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR PHONE

Last edited:

moabizzi

Last week, I did the most stupid thing on my note 2 (SGH-t889). I saw a rom that i liked for the n7100 and flashed on my 889v. Of course, rom works fine but no DATA OR VOICE :crying:crying:

So I flashed my phone with my previous rom and I had data again. All of a sudden, after installing all my apps, I lost the connection. My phone went completely crazy
i saw unknown baseband on settings / phone status; phone rebooted itself. I tried to flash a stock rom, or even flash the 889v modem on any rom and no luck; i was on a constant boot loop

I had to flash another modem from T-Mobile to get out of boot looping (MODEM: T889UVALL4_Modem-Jan_16_13-teshxx) but i couldn't get on any network even if I my phone could detect them (I'm on Videotron).

I've searched xda and other sitEs for solution on how to fix an almost empty esf folder. On a tmo modem my emei was 0 0 and on videotron modem it was null.

SOLUTION

My esf folder was almost empty; no nv_data.bin and those other files.

I went across this site

http://galaxynote2root.com/galaxy-n...3g4g-aws-bands-on-att-galaxy-note-2-sgh-i317/

It's a tutorial on how to enable aws on the AT&T note 2. It had just what i needed: a qcn file. Ive follwed the directions on the site; flashed the qcn file with the QPST software and rebooted the phone. My emei was a bunch of 0. No signal still but the battle wasn't loss.

On this thread

And VOILA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i got my signal back but with a tmo modem (MODEM: T889UVALL4_Modem-Jan_16_13-teshxx)

Now, just to let you know, I'm not a developer and i take no credit for this. Even if this thread get approved or deleted, I just wanted to help other members like me who are stuck on the same situation (especially 889v owners). At the end.... MY PHONE IS BACK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MIKE BROWN FTW!!!!!!

Sent from my SGH-T889 using XDA Premium HD app

gedster314

Sep 7, 2007
Oxnard, Ca
I can not download Download ATT_I317_AWSMOD_dumimei.qcn. I just get a blank screen in Chrome, IE and Safari. Can you post it or send me a dropbox link or something. Thanks

edit:
Never mind, never saw that kind of Captchaw before. I thought it was just an ad.

Last edited:

PhxDroid86

Jan 14, 2013
Phoenix
Did you generate a txt file with the emei generator?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium

Id really love to talk about your process, as I have used QPST(UPST), CDMA Workshop, etc through varios Android, Blackberry, Palm, etc devices and am trying to confirm (repair steps) for posting... please PM me so I can test

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

PhxDroid86

Jan 14, 2013
Phoenix
I say (repair steps), I mean restoring from backup... have all the various backups and until my GNII and N4 are picked up im not fixing what isnt broke

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

gedster314

Sep 7, 2007
Oxnard, Ca

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-02-15-11-55-01.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-02-15-11-55-01.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 1,492

pearse

Sep 28, 2010
Toronto
Wow. I followed your steps to the letter and it worked, thank you so much!!

Have you flashed back to a VTR modem or would that mess everything up? Thanks again for your help.

rail205

Sep 11, 2011
Montreal
From past experience flashing the videotron modem would bring me back to boot loop, wouldnt lose imei or signal but would start then after 30secs reboot.. Im stuck with tmo modem. Works fine but signal seems a little weaker.

knnrsk

Aug 12, 2009
i have canadian note2 t889v that i got from craigs the other day. everything seemed fine, didnt have sim to try for mobilicity that im on (aws band), he said he used it with rogers fine
I put the sim card, went to search networks but my provider was not listed there. So I rooted the phone , loaded twrp, flashed prerooted factory rom for t889v ( from mrrobins) , no network, than i flashed original factory rom, still no luck, than i flashed t889v modem and still the same.
My imei is present, and matches one on back of the phone. My efs folder is there and is populated (dont know if anything is missing from there)
I dont have backup of efs or imei. What are the chances it is corrupted ? Does anyone have any suggestion, and should i try this method to try to fix it ?

rail205

Sep 11, 2011
Montreal
You may have to put your apn settings manually for your carrier. I would try that to start.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda premium

knnrsk

Aug 12, 2009
Also my emei number is correct in abaut.
What are the files I need to have in efs how can I know if my efs is corrupt ?

Sent from my SGH-T889V using xda app-developers app

rail205

Sep 11, 2011
Montreal
Have you check the *#2263# menu to make sure it is on the correct band, also in network setting you can switch to gsm, wcdma, so on. As for imei as far as I know if it were corrupt your imei would be bad. Is it possible the phone has been blacklisted?

knnrsk

Aug 12, 2009
That code dont work in stock dialer. And mobilicity dont block imei #

Sent from my SGH-T889V using xda app-developers app

demension21

Jan 17, 2011
Laval
Wow. I followed your steps to the letter and it worked, thank you so much!!

Have you flashed back to a VTR modem or would that mess everything up? Thanks again for your help.

yes I've tried flashing the 889v modem and I was back in a bootloop again

man i wiish that I could have an original 889v nv data files; i could find a way to midify the emei and flash it on my phone

Reactions: victorinoxs

demension21

Jan 17, 2011
Laval
i have canadian note2 t889v that i got from craigs the other day. everything seemed fine, didnt have sim to try for mobilicity that im on (aws band), he said he used it with rogers fine
I put the sim card, went to search networks but my provider was not listed there. So I rooted the phone , loaded twrp, flashed prerooted factory rom for t889v ( from mrrobins) , no network, than i flashed original factory rom, still no luck, than i flashed t889v modem and still the same.
My imei is present, and matches one on back of the phone. My efs folder is there and is populated (dont know if anything is missing from there)
I dont have backup of efs or imei. What are the chances it is corrupted ? Does anyone have any suggestion, and should i try this method to try to fix it ?

you mentioned that the phone was working on rogers before you had it?
did you try any othe sim card... form rogers or mobile city?

try frash custom rom and 889v modem with it?
if that doesnt work try the method in the op

Last edited:
Reactions: victorinoxs

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

SOLUTION

My efs folder was almost empty; no nv_data.bin and those other files.

I went across this site

http://galaxynote2root.com/galaxy-note-2-tutorials/how-to-enable-t-mobile-3g4g-aws-bands-on-att-galaxy-note-2-sgh-i317/

On this thread

And VOILA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ohhhh! i allmost forgot....

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR PHONE
    Okay... I guess I will answer my own question to help anyone out there.

So I installed my original, now not working 4.1.2 backup. Then, I updated to 4.3 radio. That stopped the random reboots. Just like updating to a full 4.3 TW ROM did but without reception/data.

So while on 4.1.2, I redid the solution of the OP and phone now work and I am currently doing a backup of this configuration.

So to make long story short.
    As of this moment:

Running 4.1.2 TW. Which I will shortly try to update to a modem-less 4.3 TW or go back again to 4.4 Slimkat/Omni which I already was on.

Running T-Mobile 4.3 radio. So whatever you do, make sure any ROM you move from here is bootless and radio less.

Radio has the 317 ATT QPST patch.

Already had a IMEI file that I reflashed using NV-Read-Write.

VOILA! Everything working. Doing speed test. I am good.

This goes without saying make a backup of this new setup.
    Did you generate a txt file with the emei generator?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium
    Problem was I used serveral tools to try to fix this and they did not not requirer the check digit at the end of the imei. The CDWS imei converter requires it. I'm back up and running !!!

so you got data back...if so on what baseband?
    Perfect solution to no network after repairing the IMEIfor wind network or aws bands

Followed through the instructions and my wind network on note2 with tmobile baseband modem of ll4j is back. I used z3x to repair my imei but was only getting rogers here in ontario, then fixed the connection to wind network with just uploading the qcn file to my phone as posted instructions on this thread.

Thanks a bunch