Change Keyboard sounds?

Search This thread

Verysafety

Sep 30, 2010
I've navigated through the system files to /system/media/audio/ui to try to find the Samsung Keyboard noise, but alas, unable to find.

Anyone able to help me out on this? Is there an application that lets you modify application sounds? I understand the ogg file converter and pushing via cmd prompt, so if you could tell me where the Samsung Keyboard sound is that'd help :) the poppaloppin' noise is too loud for my taste. I know you can disable it but I prefer another sound. Thanks!

caffeinated chris

Jul 14, 2010
New York
I was thinking the same thing. I have the Samsung Vibrant stock 2.2 and with the loud ticking noise it makes me want to turn my phone on silent. But rather than complaining and hating it, I want to make it better. like the older LG Quick messaging phones (I dont remember which model) had a full qwerty keyboard and every different button you pressed made a soft simple little note from a keyboard or piano or something. so whenever one of my friends was typing a text it sounded amusing listening to little songs that can be made by simple random letters being pressed.
So I would just like to know if anyone knows where these files are located, because finding them is the hardest part. making the noise would be nothing at all, it'd just take a few hours. just pull up a sound board and make different notes for each letter. Anyone have any ideas??

caffeinated chris

Jul 14, 2010
New York
UPDATE:
ok so if you get root explorer (obviously needs to be rooted) and go to
/system/media/audio/ui
you will see the ".ogg" sound files. you can replace any of those, as long as you name them the same file names as the stock ones. I replaced mine with the linda voice
link --> http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=962442

it also has an ".ogg" sound file for these:
"keypress standard" (regualr letters)
"keypress spacebar"
"keypress delete"
and "keypress return" I think was the last one (probably the enter button on keyboard)

I'm actually about to go home and play with those and see what I can make.
I still want to be able to do a different tone for each letter but have to look further into that. so far this is ok

trinathaniel

Jun 7, 2015
Mesa, AZ
Man I've done that 3 times now using the .ogg keyboard sounds I pulled from a different ROM I really wanted, but no matter how many times I delete the originals then rename mine exactly it stays the same! I'm losing hope and patience.

Keron Cyst

Jan 29, 2013
Man I've done that 3 times now using the .ogg keyboard sounds I pulled from a different ROM I really wanted, but no matter how many times I delete the originals then rename mine exactly it stays the same! I'm losing hope and patience.

Hey, at least your sounds didn't go entirely silent like mine did! Ugh. I'm stuck here.

Keron Cyst

Jan 29, 2013
Hey I know this is an old post but did you ever resolve this issue? I'm stuck with silent sounds as well, can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Sorry, I missed your response! I couldn't figure out how to get custom sounds going so I just reverted to the stock files. It's aggravating that LineageOS keyboard sounds are so horrible, lol, but oh, well.

mjtschmid

Oct 20, 2017
Sorry, I missed your response! I couldn't figure out how to get custom sounds going so I just reverted to the stock files. It's aggravating that LineageOS keyboard sounds are so horrible, lol, but oh, well.
Oh hey I actually got this working on my end lol. I was trying to replace the system sounds using solid explorer and it wasn't working, but I switched to fx manager and it worked.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UPDATE:
    ok so if you get root explorer (obviously needs to be rooted) and go to
    /system/media/audio/ui
    you will see the ".ogg" sound files. you can replace any of those, as long as you name them the same file names as the stock ones. I replaced mine with the linda voice
    link --> http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=962442

it also has an ".ogg" sound file for these:
    "keypress standard" (regualr letters)
    "keypress spacebar"
    "keypress delete"
    and "keypress return" I think was the last one (probably the enter button on keyboard)

I'm actually about to go home and play with those and see what I can make.
    I still want to be able to do a different tone for each letter but have to look further into that. so far this is ok