New awesome free 3D puzzle

Search This thread

appforce.org

Jun 6, 2010
Scatter is a unique puzzle to test your 3D orientation skills. Try to figure out the correct rotation of the shattered image in 20 seconds! If you fail to solve in 20 sec, your score is reset. You can enable lighting and box outlines on faster hardware.

market://details?id=org.appforce.shatter

tinyurl.com/38ub7js

Last edited:

E_man5112

Jul 13, 2010
Nice game, enjoyed it.

Only complaint was, sometimes I'd have the puzzle done, but it wouldn't notice. Annoying when I had over 700 points.

appforce.org

Jun 6, 2010
Maybe you didn't solve it in 20 seconds - in that case your score is reset. Score is determined by the seconds left until 20, if you solved in the last second you won't get points. If you're running out of time, better press the skip button, this won't cost you points.

Nice game, enjoyed it.

Only complaint was, sometimes I'd have the puzzle done, but it wouldn't notice. Annoying when I had over 700 points.

khaytsus

Apr 8, 2008
Central Kentucky
Maybe you didn't solve it in 20 seconds - in that case your score is reset. Score is determined by the seconds left until 20, if you solved in the last second you won't get points. If you're running out of time, better press the skip button, this won't cost you points.

Nope, it does it constantly... I played about 10 minutes before uninstalling because it often has problems detecting it's solved. One I got about 10s before the time was out and wiggled it back and forth and up and down and it still wouldn't register it was done.

jacumba

Dec 6, 2008
Shatter is a unique puzzle to test your 3D orientation skills. Try to figure out the correct rotation of the shattered image in 20 seconds! If you fail to solve in 20 sec, your score is reset. You can enable lighting and box outlines on faster hardware.

Here's a QR Code to scan

Attachments

• qrcode.png
    qrcode.png
    499 bytes · Views: 212

E_man5112

Jul 13, 2010

No, it just wouldn't solve, I could find the right spot in 5 seconds, spend 15 moving it around and it still wouldn't catch. Not often, but it happens.

TMReuffurth

Aug 3, 2009
Aljezur
Very cool game idea. Like it very much, but the inverse controls makes it a little bit difficult, at least for me. Would be nice to change the inverse control in next coming update.

IDOG

Jun 20, 2010
New awesome free 3D puzzle--name change

Shatter is a unique puzzle to test your 3D orientation skills. Try to figure out the correct rotation of the shattered image in 20 seconds! If you fail to solve in 20 sec, your score is reset. You can enable lighting and box outlines on faster hardware.

tinyurl.com/38ub7js

No longer called Shatter. Game has been renamed Scatter.

Tachikoma_kun

Jan 16, 2009
Wales
Very cool!

Got over 1400 points without any problems (then had to stop as was playing it at my desk in work lol), yeah would prefer inverted (or non-inverted it would seem) controls, looking forward to the update, thanks!

appforce.org

Jun 6, 2010
The latest update is a must see! Controls are super smooth and there is hard more to get double score on guessed image.

Very cool!

Got over 1400 points without any problems (then had to stop as was playing it at my desk in work lol), yeah would prefer inverted (or non-inverted it would seem) controls, looking forward to the update, thanks!

Tachikoma_kun

Jan 16, 2009
Wales
LOL you are pretty on the ball with updates mate!

Tried hard mode yesterday, fair play, lives up to it's name, with fewer blocks, makes it hard to line up the image properly.

Found a possible bug, on my Samsung Galaxy S, it quite often doesn't register the image is complete unless I scroll it up and back down again to the same place. Maybe a problem with collision/edge detection on the other sides of the cubes?

bohlool

Jun 21, 2010
Permission

I don't like apps that need permissions not suppose to have. Why this app wants to access system log? Sorry but I am so concern about permissions I am giving to apps and will not install this game till you remove this permission.

appforce.org

Jun 6, 2010
New update has just been submitted. It has 19 new images and supports small screen phones. The best thing is the smoothened tilt controls - they are super steady now!

About the read system logs permission - it is for sending crash reports to me. Couple of guys with Desire reported Force Close issues and I added a small piece of code to send the system log over e-mail. If crash happens, you see M$ Windows-like popup with "Send" and "Don't send" :) If you choose send, the e-mail app is opened with the system log attached as zip. You can write some comment in the message body and send over. Issues on Desire are still not resolved, but I'm working on it.

bohlool

Jun 21, 2010
System Log

Standard Android reporting (I believe it is in 2.2) will do that on crashes, you don't need to do that manually. I think it would be better to remove that permission from your app and if you really want to do it manually and don't use android build-in reporting system, ask people to sent log to you manually.
People will not install an app if it ask for unrelated permissions.