[Q] another way to download Google translate offline package (android Ver.)?

Search This thread

sondad

Jan 24, 2014
great thanks شكرا جزيلا

Hi guys , " again " :laugh:
seems i did it :3 :good:

it's a simple trick , you only need
two zip files (c.zip and language.zip) - check old comment ( SmOgER :good: )
download it on pc , and put it on SD card , wherever , just on the sd Card
You need Also a " free " file manger - which is excellent - app on Google play : Es File Explorer
and it's icon in the attch pic

well , the trick is to activate WiFi connection then start normally downloading the Core zip , just don't wait the whole time, after 2 sec , disable wifi connection , open Es File Manger , Overwrite that zip which named " C.zip" which you copied befor on SD , at SD/Android/data/com.google.android.apps.translate/files/ol/v3r1/tmp\v3r1\zip , don't Forget " Overwrite ", now again activate wifi , it will complete directly and start downloading the Offline package of language , you just have to do the same steps befor and replace the language zip file on ur SD to the /tmp\v3r1\zip folder , and

the way how it looks like in attch pics

inspir3 I went through the agonizing steps of registration just to tell you how grateful I am thanks thanks thanks >>> شكرا جزيلا واسال الله ان يوفقك ويزيد من علمك

Reactions: ahmadkh123

mrsvilar

Feb 26, 2014
help needed

Hi

when I tried to download the language pack the way that it is suppose to be done, I've got the "storage device doesn't have enough available space" , i am using an Xperia arc.
So I downloaded the package from dl.google.com/translate/offline/v3/r1/de.zip and transferred it to SD/Android/data/com.google.android.apps.translate/files/ol/v3r1/tmp/v3r1/zip and now i'm stuck. I don't seem to fully understand dzsergio's method.

Desmanto

Apr 2, 2014
Xiaomi Mi 10T / 10T Pro
Redirect dl.google.com to local host

Horray :victory:
Finally, 3 days of effort pay off. (i have just made xda account to post this)
Successfully redirect the dl.google.com to my own phone, to enable downloading the language pack from single phone without internet connection.
I think google should include a way, where we can transfer the downloaded pack to another phone, without the need to redownload it again.

It is completely insane, for I have several devices, and if i need to install the same language pack for those, I need to redownload the whole thing. Not mentioning, when my families or coworkers asking me for the language pack, they need to redownload again.

I try to find a work around by using my phones as a web server for the language pack and a dns server to redirect the dl.google.com to my own phone. So, it trick the client to thinks that my phones is the google server. Of course, it need my server phone to be rooted. Then I can use it to "transfer" any download language pack to another unrooted phone, including my android tv box (which actually is the reason why I search for this workaround). This save google's bandwidth, so it supposed to do no harm to them.

yousefs

Jan 12, 2014
plus.google.com
No deal at all

I tried every single way but it doesn't work:(
If i moved the extracted files, Doesn't Work, It Repeat the Download Process Like there's no file have been moved:rolleyes:

If i Moved the ZIP Files and It Also doesn't work.:mad:

If i let Him Download the Packages, turned off Wi-Fi, Moved ZIP's and Turned Wi-Fi On, It says Installing Core, Then Installing the Language Pack, the they disappear from the Status Bar, if i go to Translate App, it says Download Failed:silly:

HELP With this Bull****:cyclops:

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 PM ----------

Successfully redirect the dl.google.com to my own phone, to enable downloading the language pack from single phone without internet connection.
I think google should include a way, where we can transfer the downloaded pack to another phone, without the need to redownload it again.

It is completely insane, for I have several devices, and if i need to install the same language pack for those, I need to redownload the whole thing. Not mentioning, when my families or coworkers asking me for the language pack, they need to redownload again.

I try to find a work around by using my phones as a web server for the language pack and a dns server to redirect the dl.google.com to my own phone. So, it trick the client to thinks that my phones is the google server. Of course, it need my server phone to be rooted. Then I can use it to "transfer" any download language pack to another unrooted phone, including my android tv box (which actually is the reason why I search for this workaround). This save google's bandwidth, so it supposed to do no harm to them.

How To the The Whole Redirect Stuff? You mean we could Edit the "hosts" File to make it download the File from local Location? it's okay but i don't think we can link a website to a Storage? not sure?:confused:

Desmanto

Apr 2, 2014
Xiaomi Mi 10T / 10T Pro
How To the The Whole Redirect Stuff? You mean we could Edit the "hosts" File to make it download the File from local Location? it's okay but i don't think we can link a website to a Storage? not sure?:confused:
Wow, seems we have the same problem at first, but luckily I've figured the way out. :D It requires basic networking knowledge in order to do this.

You cannot just simply edit the host file and redirected that way. The method I use, doesn't need the client device to be rooted. (the device that want to download the language pack). In order to link a website address to a storage, you need a web server, and thus you need an app that can do it. Just search for web server from icecold in PS. And to redirect the dl.google.com, you need a DNS server, again you can also search it in PS. While I just use server ultimate, where it has both of them (and a bunch of different kind of server). Downloaded the apps doesn't help at all, if you don't set them up properly.

I thought of making the complete tutorial, but I still have a lot of other things need to be documented. Just keep watching this thread. ;)

yousefs

Jan 12, 2014
plus.google.com
Wow, seems we have the same problem at first, but luckily I've figured the way out. :D It requires basic networking knowledge in order to do this.

You cannot just simply edit the host file and redirected that way. The method I use, doesn't need the client device to be rooted. (the device that want to download the language pack). In order to link a website address to a storage, you need a web server, and thus you need an app that can do it. Just search for web server from icecold in PS. And to redirect the dl.google.com, you need a DNS server, again you can also search it in PS. While I just use server ultimate, where it has both of them (and a bunch of different kind of server). Downloaded the apps doesn't help at all, if you don't set them up properly.

I thought of making the complete tutorial, but I still have a lot of other things need to be documented. Just keep watching this thread. ;)

Hmmm, Clever way without a Root, i have root and setup a WebServer on my PC and edited hosts file to make it download straight from the PC, i used something called reactor to do the webserver
but i'm wondering how did you do the redirecting process using DNS?? i have no idea what DNS is by the way..:laugh:

maenhadid

Aug 27, 2011
Damascus
brilliant!

That was brilliant man! Thank you very much I was trying so many ways until your way solved it. :good:

Thanks to SmOgER as well :good:

You need Also a " free " file manger - which is excellent - app on Google play : Es File Explorer

well , the trick is to activate WiFi connection then start normally downloading the Core zip , just don't wait the whole time, after 2 sec , disable wifi connection , open Es File Manger , Overwrite that zip which named " C.zip" which you copied befor on SD , at SD/Android/data/com.google.android.apps.translate/files/ol/v3r1/tmp\v3r1\zip , don't Forget " Overwrite ", now again activate wifi , it will complete directly and start downloading the Offline package of language , you just have to do the same steps befor and replace the language zip file on ur SD to the /tmp\v3r1\zip folder , and

robysdc

Jun 22, 2014
Hello guys

I followed your instructions, I've downloaded the 2 files: Core,zip and Languages.zip;
I put them in my SD;
I don't understand how can I "start normally downloading the Core zip"...

can you help me??

alexpu1u

Aug 14, 2012
Constanta
Thank you dzsergio I did this and it worked flawlessly on 3 different devices, but it's weird that it didn't worked on my s5, I even rooted it and then tryed again, it continues the download from where I "paused the connection" even do I owerwrited with the full zip... I installed sd fix etc, tryed a lot of ways didn't work, I'm looking on the idea of Desmanto, it seems intresting.

I hope you will find a way and tell us how to do this Local Host server Desmanto, that would be great.

Desmanto

Apr 2, 2014
Xiaomi Mi 10T / 10T Pro
Thank you dzsergio I did this and it worked flawlessly on 3 different devices, but it's weird that it didn't worked on my s5, I even rooted it and then tryed again, it continues the download from where I "paused the connection" even do I owerwrited with the full zip... I installed sd fix etc, tryed a lot of ways didn't work, I'm looking on the idea of Desmanto, it seems intresting.

I hope you will find a way and tell us how to do this Local Host server Desmanto, that would be great.
Hi Alex. It is not working anymore. Google has reinforced both the app and the dl.google.com domain. Both translate app and dl.google.com domain force you to use https, which is impossible to redirect again. Because if you start the dl.google.com domain using server ultimate, it use its own certificate, which is not trusted. Thus, the app refuse to connect, since it thinks the connection has been hijacked. It took me about an hour before I realize why the web server cannot provide the file. I test it at translate 3.0.10.

So, back to old ways, like dzsergio has explained. Start download, as soon as the progress shows 0% > turn off wifi > replace the zip > turn on wifi > the GT will directly unpacking the zip and installed the langpack immediately. No root needed. Maybe ur s5 is combining both connection (cell + wifi). Try turning off ur data connection before trying it again. And remember the zip file must be from dl.google.com directly. You cannot rezip the existing file/folder and expect it to work. Since the app using SHA-1 to check the zip integrity. Last time, I wasted about a day just to realize this!

The replace zip method leads me into thinking about creating a profile in tasker (since I am learning using it right now), to automate the process. This profile should monitor the notification and the tasks are turn off wifi, replace zip, turn on wifi. It is just a concept, but maybe someone who is skillful at tasker can help us to create the app to automate this.:D

Reactions: alexpu1u

alexpu1u

Aug 14, 2012
Constanta
My zips are from google, but I downloaded them like a few monts ago. Do I need to redownload them did they changed? Because I retryed for days and it seems not to work on my s5. I will try again....

EDIT:
I tryed again on multiple devices, only on my s5 it continues from where of data"paused", the other devices complete as usual....
I even rooted the s5 and installed nextappsdfix still the same... I don't get it. I.'m curious if is there anyone who did this on there s5...
It's wierd because it worked flawlessly when I tryed with the same zip files even same translate. apk that i shared with apk share, on 3 diferent devices but on the s5 it just continues from 2% - 5% etc...
I'm using an other device as a hotspot and I tryed so muvh and killed a lot of data with no use...
It.'s on my phone memory I will try on sd card hope it works, otherwise I eill give up and search for a free wifi connection.
( I'm a truck driver andf I travel all over europe, and the dictionary is usefull, but is hard with the internet connection... expensive data...)

Hi Alex. It is not working anymore. Google has reinforced both the app and the dl.google.com domain. Both translate app and dl.google.com domain force you to use https, which is impossible to redirect again. Because if you start the dl.google.com domain using server ultimate, it use its own certificate, which is not trusted. Thus, the app refuse to connect, since it thinks the connection has been hijacked. It took me about an hour before I realize why the web server cannot provide the file. I test it at translate 3.0.10.

So, back to old ways, like dzsergio has explained. Start download, as soon as the progress shows 0% > turn off wifi > replace the zip > turn on wifi > the GT will directly unpacking the zip and installed the langpack immediately. No root needed. Maybe ur s5 is combining both connection (cell + wifi). Try turning off ur data connection before trying it again. And remember the zip file must be from dl.google.com directly. You cannot rezip the existing file/folder and expect it to work. Since the app using SHA-1 to check the zip integrity. Last time, I wasted about a day just to realize this!

The replace zip method leads me into thinking about creating a profile in tasker (since I am learning using it right now), to automate the process. This profile should monitor the notification and the tasks are turn off wifi, replace zip, turn on wifi. It is just a concept, but maybe someone who is skillful at tasker can help us to create the app to automate this.:D

Last edited:

Desmanto

Apr 2, 2014
Xiaomi Mi 10T / 10T Pro
My zips are from google, but I downloaded them like a few monts ago. Do I need to redownload them did they changed? Because I retryed for days and it seems not to work on my s5. I will try again....

EDIT:
I tryed again on multiple devices, only on my s5 it continues from where of data"paused", the other devices complete as usual....
I even rooted the s5 and installed nextappsdfix still the same... I don't get it. I.'m curious if is there anyone who did this on there s5...
It's wierd because it worked flawlessly when I tryed with the same zip files even same translate. apk that i shared with apk share, on 3 diferent devices but on the s5 it just continues from 2% - 5% etc...
I'm using an other device as a hotspot and I tryed so muvh and killed a lot of data with no use...
It.'s on my phone memory I will try on sd card hope it works, otherwise I eill give up and search for a free wifi connection.
( I'm a truck driver andf I travel all over europe, and the dictionary is usefull, but is hard with the internet connection... expensive data...)
quick conclusion : S5 is too smart to be tricked using old trick :D (JK)
I also have the zip file from april 2014, still working right now. I assume there is something to do with the default download manager. AFAIK, translate use the built in download manager to download the zip. Maybe ur S5 store/cache the temporary downloaded zip somewhere else. I don't know, but you've got to find it. Google Translate should store the data on the primary external storage. In most of the samsung devices I have ever seen, the primary will be emulated internal sdcard (not the microsd). You should see the google translate folder at the storage that indicates the GT store the data there. Or back to last resort, free wifi.;)

Reactions: alexpu1u

alexpu1u

Aug 14, 2012
Constanta
I find the file is in the ph9ne memory at 1% I see that it has only like 100kb aproximative, I overwrite the full c.zip file with the 37mb file and it just co tinues with 2%... wierd, I searched for a nother place norhing found.
It's very wierd, same apk same zip files on 4 diferent devices, it's clearlly s5's fault.

quick conclusion : S5 is too smart to be tricked using old trick :D (JK)
I also have the zip file from april 2014, still working right now. I assume there is something to do with the default download manager. AFAIK, translate use the built in download manager to download the zip. Maybe ur S5 store/cache the temporary downloaded zip somewhere else. I don't know, but you've got to find it. Google Translate should store the data on the primary external storage. In most of the samsung devices I have ever seen, the primary will be emulated internal sdcard (not the microsd). You should see the google translate folder at the storage that indicates the GT store the data there. Or back to last resort, free wifi.;)

Desmanto

Apr 2, 2014
Xiaomi Mi 10T / 10T Pro
I find the file is in the ph9ne memory at 1% I see that it has only like 100kb aproximative, I overwrite the full c.zip file with the 37mb file and it just co tinues with 2%... wierd, I searched for a nother place norhing found.
It's very wierd, same apk same zip files on 4 diferent devices, it's clearlly s5's fault.
Yeah, definitely something is wrong with the zip recognition. Unfortunately I don't have any S5 to try this out. But you can try this :
  1. Turn off data connection and turn on wifi
  2. start download and wait until 0 or 1 %
  3. turn off wifi immediately
  4. long tap at the progress, go to app info and force stop the download
  5. Replace the zip and wait until the download notif came back
  6. turn on wifi and see whether it works or not
you can try to swap the step number 3, 4 and 5 to see if it works. Means, try to turn off wifi > replace zip > force stop. Next time, try force stop > turn off wifi > replace zip. AFAIk, the download notif will came back even if you force stop it, approx after 30 seconds. IDK if it works, but seems worth trying rather than finding free wifi. Or you can try older version of translate, maybe 3.0.7 or 3.0.5.

alexpu1u

Aug 14, 2012
Constanta
I have google translate 3.0.5 and tryed the old metod on it , I will try what you suggested and swap the steps if doesn't work, I'll keep in touch.

Edit: I tryed all the possible swaps, no luck. ( Later I even tryed disabling and enabling the download manager, bad ide, is like canceling the download, just wanted to give it a try).
I even tryed to force stop enable connection force stop again etc, all kinds of aditional swaping metods.
Any other ideas, tips?

Thank you for your time and posting.

Yeah, definitely something is wrong with the zip recognition. Unfortunately I don't have any S5 to try this out. But you can try this :
  1. Turn off data connection and turn on wifi
  2. start download and wait until 0 or 1 %
  3. turn off wifi immediately
  4. long tap at the progress, go to app info and force stop the download
  5. Replace the zip and wait until the download notif came back
  6. turn on wifi and see whether it works or not
you can try to swap the step number 3, 4 and 5 to see if it works. Means, try to turn off wifi > replace zip > force stop. Next time, try force stop > turn off wifi > replace zip. AFAIk, the download notif will came back even if you force stop it, approx after 30 seconds. IDK if it works, but seems worth trying rather than finding free wifi. Or you can try older version of translate, maybe 3.0.7 or 3.0.5.

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

Desmanto

Apr 2, 2014
Xiaomi Mi 10T / 10T Pro
I have google translate 3.0.5 and tryed the old metod on it , I will try what you suggested and swap the steps if doesn't work, I'll keep in touch.

Edit: I tryed all the possible swaps, no luck. ( Later I even tryed disabling and enabling the download manager, bad ide, is like canceling the download, just wanted to give it a try).
I even tryed to force stop enable connection force stop again etc, all kinds of aditional swaping metods.
Any other ideas, tips?

Thank you for your time and posting.

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Free mobile app
Auww, that's bad. Maybe you should try to brainstorming with another S5 users at the forum. Kindly ask them to try the method in this thread, and see whether they figured it out how to solve it. It seems to be S5 spesific problem. Or free wifi is the last choice :crying:

kaizokan

Apr 18, 2012
On S4 mini here. I don't even see a percentage. It does not get that far. It does say "Starting to download files..." I get error code 1000 with option to retry and cancel. The wifi-off-replace trick did not work, there is nothing to replace. If i add the downloaded zip instead of replacing (because there is nothing to replace), the app tries to continue the downloading after enabling wifi again (which ofcourse fails). I tried this on a s3 mini and there it just downloads and installs fine.

Any out there with the same? if this is not the same problem.

Could this have something to do with the text-to-speech app? if so Android System might need internet acces.

Last edited:

sunilkjt

Oct 3, 2012
Just download language file and core file and extract the folder and paste it on the location ...plz see the snapshot from my htc one x

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA Free mobile app

Attachments

• 1407290562955.jpg
    1407290562955.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 623

Desmanto

Apr 2, 2014
Xiaomi Mi 10T / 10T Pro
On S4 mini here. I don't even see a percentage. It does not get that far. It does say "Starting to download files..." I get error code 1000 with option to retry and cancel. The wifi-off-replace trick did not work, there is nothing to replace. If i add the downloaded zip instead of replacing (because there is nothing to replace), the app tries to continue the downloading after enabling wifi again (which ofcourse fails). I tried this on a s3 mini and there it just downloads and installs fine.

Any out there with the same? if this is not the same problem.

Could this have something to do with the text-to-speech app? if so Android System might need internet acces.
Do your wifi have internet access? Or maybe you S4 mini wifi setting is using the wrong IP address/DNS. Try to open up ur browser and check if it can actually surf internet. Your S4 mini must be able to connect to the internet in order to start the download. Maybe you have use certain app to limit the wifi interface or some sort of firewall. It is yours to check.

I have done this in more than 10 devices, the replace trick always works. (except for the S5 above)

Reactions: kaizokan

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    which language do you need?

---------- Post added at 08:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 PM ----------

EDIT:
    Ok I got a little curious, so here it is...

Core files:
    http://dl.google.com/translate/offline/v3/r1/c.zip
    http://dl.google.com/translate/offline/v3/r1/profiles.txt

Languages:

dl.google.com/translate/offline/v3/r1/desired language tag (2 letters).zip

f.e.

French: http://dl.google.com/translate/offline/v3/r1/fr.zip
    Spanish: http://dl.google.com/translate/offline/v3/r1/es.zip
    Italian: http://dl.google.com/translate/offline/v3/r1/it.zip
    ... so on and so forth ...
    SD/Android/data/com.google.android.apps.translate/files/ol/v3r1/ language tag folder (es, it, etc) / extracted files (*.txt; *.bin) from downloaded zip

Hit that thanks button :D
    Solved!

Language Codes

Lang Codes :good::laugh: for google translate

lr=lang_af Afrikaans
    lr=lang_ar Arabic
    lr=lang_hy Armenian
    lr=lang_be Belarusian
    lr=lang_bg Bulgarian
    lr=lang_ca Catalan
    lr=lang_zh-CN Chinese (Simplified)
    lr=lang_zh-TW Chinese (Traditional)
    lr=lang_hr Croatian
    lr=lang_cs Czech
    lr=lang_da Danish
    lr=lang_nl Dutch
    lr=lang_en English
    lr=lang_eo Esperanto
    lr=lang_et Estonian
    lr=lang_tl Filipino
    lr=lang_fi Finnish
    lr=lang_fr French
    lr=lang_de German
    lr=lang_el Greek
    lr=lang_iw Hebrew
    lr=lang_hi Hindi
    lr=lang_hu Hungarian
    lr=lang_is Icelandic
    lr=lang_id Indonesian
    lr=lang_it Italian
    lr=lang_ja Japanese
    lr=lang_ko Korean
    lr=lang_lv Latvian
    lr=lang_lt Lithuanian
    lr=lang_no Norwegian
    lr=lang_fa Persian
    lr=lang_pl Polish
    lr=lang_pt Portuguese
    lr=lang_ro Romanian
    lr=lang_ru Russian
    lr=lang_sr Serbian
    lr=lang_sk Slovak
    lr=lang_sl Slovenian
    lr=lang_es Spanish
    lr=lang_sw Swahili
    lr=lang_sv Swedish
    lr=lang_th Thai
    lr=lang_tr Turkish
    lr=lang_uk Ukrainian
    lr=lang_vi Vietnamese
    which language do you need?

---------- Post added at 08:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 PM ----------

EDIT:
    Ok I got a little curious, so here it is...

Core files:
    http://dl.google.com/translate/offline/v3/r1/c.zip
    http://dl.google.com/translate/offline/v3/r1/profiles.txt

Languages:

dl.google.com/translate/offline/v3/r1/desired language tag (2 letters).zip

f.e.

French: http://dl.google.com/translate/offline/v3/r1/fr.zip
    Spanish: http://dl.google.com/translate/offline/v3/r1/es.zip
    Italian: http://dl.google.com/translate/offline/v3/r1/it.zip
    ... so on and so forth ...

I managed to download my desired languages (Arabic & Spanish) and thanks a lot...
    what should I do next in order to insert them in my Google Translate app in my phone?