[MOD]Dual Touch FOR EVERY app

Search This thread

iridaki

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 21, 2007
Edinburgh, Scotland
So, I installed the latest DT kernel from SE in my X10 using this trick (Thanks Bin4ry!!!). :)

I am currently on stock SE ROM,
2.0.A.0.504, and I noticed that dual touch was not working on every app, but only on some third-party apps.

So, I did some research and found out how to enable it in every app that supports it! :)

It is very easy!

FIRST FLASH THE LATEST KERNEL, AS DESCRIBED HERE!

And then...

[ROOT REQUIRED]

Step 1 (Optional, according to
arkedk
, thanks for pointing out! :) However, I did it on my phone, it doesn't cause any trouble and I haven't personally tested this method without it)

• Using Root Explorer, navigate to /system, press the Mount R/W button, find build.prop, long press on it and select "Open in Text Editor".
  • After the last entry, add the following lines:
ro.product.multi_touch_enabled=true
ro.product.max_num_touch=2
  • Press Menu, then Save and Exit.
  • Delete the build.pro.bak that was created (or move it to your sd card, if you want to keep a backup)

Step 2

• Download this file (rapidshare mirror) and, using Root Explorer, copy it to /etc/permissions. Then, long press on it, select Permissions and make sure that these options are checked: the whole first column and the first from the second.

snap20110120_070159.png

• Exit Root Explorer and reboot.

DONE!!!! Try it on Google Maps! ;)

Oh! And consider pressing the "Thank You" button if I made your life a little better! LOL! :D

22/1/2011: Thanks to the kind member who donated to me generously! :)
And I would love if he/she contacted me via PM so I will know the nickname, because on the Paypal receipt I only see his/her full name!

Last edited:

batman_112

Nov 9, 2010
Muscat
Works in stock browser and Google maps. But, still does not work in Mediascape. Anyway to get that working too?

Good job! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: afdals

iridaki

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 21, 2007
Edinburgh, Scotland
Reactions: Cybergeist

adithefunkid

Sep 10, 2010
Hi...
I received an ota update of 8.64 mb but it says unable to install....
Any idea...
What m doing wrong...
I am on rooted. 24

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So, I installed the latest DT kernel from SE in my X10 using this trick (Thanks Bin4ry!!!). :)

I am currently on stock SE ROM,
    2.0.A.0.504, and I noticed that dual touch was not working on every app, but only on some third-party apps.

So, I did some research and found out how to enable it in every app that supports it! :)

It is very easy!

FIRST FLASH THE LATEST KERNEL, AS DESCRIBED HERE!

And then...

[ROOT REQUIRED]

Step 1 (Optional, according to
    arkedk
    , thanks for pointing out! :) However, I did it on my phone, it doesn't cause any trouble and I haven't personally tested this method without it)

• Using Root Explorer, navigate to /system, press the Mount R/W button, find build.prop, long press on it and select "Open in Text Editor".
    • After the last entry, add the following lines:
    ro.product.multi_touch_enabled=true
    ro.product.max_num_touch=2
    • Press Menu, then Save and Exit.
    • Delete the build.pro.bak that was created (or move it to your sd card, if you want to keep a backup)

Step 2

• Download this file (rapidshare mirror) and, using Root Explorer, copy it to /etc/permissions. Then, long press on it, select Permissions and make sure that these options are checked: the whole first column and the first from the second.

snap20110120_070159.png

• Exit Root Explorer and reboot.

DONE!!!! Try it on Google Maps! ;)

Oh! And consider pressing the "Thank You" button if I made your life a little better! LOL! :D

22/1/2011: Thanks to the kind member who donated to me generously! :)
    And I would love if he/she contacted me via PM so I will know the nickname, because on the Paypal receipt I only see his/her full name!
    Works in browser and Google maps. But, still does not work in Mediascape. Anyway to get that working too?

The Mediascape app does not support it, unfortunately.
    Maybe we can push the newest mediascape.apk from the Domoco ROM.
    Works in stock browser and Google maps. But, still does not work in Mediascape. Anyway to get that working too?

working perfectly

thanks alot
    It works
    Thanks Mate.... Great to have you on XDA

Actually, I am a girl,
    but still... really glad I helped! :D :)