WPV App Data Backup - Backup/Restore Data from IsoStore

Search This thread

winphoneviet

Aug 7, 2011
SaiGon
Hello guys, flashing custom ROM (or origin ROM) is great, but it's so painful to loss all 3rd application data, games, ebook, etc...So, i make this tool to help you to backup/restore 3rd apps/games' data.
I say again, it only BACKUP/RESTORE your apps/games' DATA, not backup/restore apps/games. Clearly, this tool use ISETool from WP SDK 7.1 to receive-send data to Isolated Storage folder of all apps/games.

Requirements:
- Your PC must have WP SDK 7.1 beta 2 or later
- Your phone is jailbroken

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?810gdjg7mprmmf2

Instruction:
*Backup:

• Run the tool, connect phone to PC, make sure zune is running.
  • Choose a folder to store backup by pressing Browse button
  • Press BACKUP button and wait
  • Now you can flash your ROM, don't worry about 3rd apps's data
*Restore:
(After flashing ROM, you have to manually install all of your apps/games before restoring)

• Choose a folder to restore backup by pressing Browse button
  • Press RESTORE button and wait
  • Now all your data is restored!

p/s: someone tell me that we have to run each apps/games at least once before we do the restore. In my case, i don't run anything and just restoring & everything's fine :D
Sadly, some apps & games downloaded directly from Marketplace cannot be backup :( such as Amazon Kindle. But if u use 3Mktplace to download, patch it and deploy to device, everything work perfectly!

I also make a video how to use this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZ67mIbLw6Y&feature=player_embedded

Any feedbacks will be welcomed :D

tdiddy.2
winphoneviet.com

Last edited:

nhathoa

Dec 5, 2006
HI tdiddy,
U are awesome. All your projects are always great.
Best regards from Saigon, VietNam.

winphoneviet

Aug 7, 2011
SaiGon

winphoneviet

Aug 7, 2011
SaiGon
let me say that different :D

No I don't know how to get the product ID of apps/games

download my tool: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1220617
add xap files u want to get product ID, after adding, double click a row and here u go :D

p1.png

p1.png

ceesheim

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 11, 2009
No Android Fanboys Please !!!
ah ok now I understand.
but this mean that I need the .xaps first on pc.

but if I want to get the id from an app that I downloaded using the phonemarket I need a working file explorer on the phone.

would be nice if there was a tool that could scan that :D

winphoneviet

Aug 7, 2011
SaiGon
ah ok now I understand.
but this mean that I need the .xaps first on pc.

but if I want to get the id from an app that I downloaded using the phonemarket I need a working file explorer on the phone.

would be nice if there was a tool that could scan that :D

some apps/games from marketplace are signed with digital signature. This tool cannot access IsoStore from those apps/games. May be u should use 3MktPlace to download & patch from ur PC first. Then deploy it to ur device

ceesheim

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 11, 2009
No Android Fanboys Please !!!
some apps/games from marketplace are signed with digital signature. This tool cannot access IsoStore from those apps/games. May be u should use 3MktPlace to download & patch from ur PC first. Then deploy it to ur device

ah ok , I think I am understanding now way it only backuped navigon because that is the only app that I sideloaded :D

but still a real cool tool to have , because there are lots of people who sideload a lot

and I love it for navigon , it saves me 3 hours of downloading

Reactions: winphoneviet

ryotgz

Dec 15, 2007
www.totalgamerz.com
Let me make sure I understand this correctly. I can backup my Angry Birds progress, hard reset my phone and restore my Angry Birds progress?

EDIT: Ah I guess not since it has a digital signature. That would be awesome if we could backup all signed applications. Lost too many game saves.

Last edited:

winphoneviet

Aug 7, 2011
SaiGon
Let me make sure I understand this correctly. I can backup my Angry Birds progress, hard reset my phone and restore my Angry Birds progress?

EDIT: Ah I guess not since it has a digital signature. That would be awesome if we could backup all signed applications. Lost too many game saves.

about signed apps, i can't find anyway to handle their IsoStore :mad: Microsoft must have been so strict to protect these folders. If u run ISETool by hand, trying to access protected IsoStore folder u'll get Group policy error.
i have a cr@ck xap file of Angry birds, u can sideload it & back it up. U can PM me to get it

GoodDayToDie

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2011
Seattle
Is this actually any different from the official ISETool? I mean, the one that actually comes with the dev kit? That one doesn't work for *any* Marketplace application; unless you downloaded the XAP and side-loaded it, the tool won't work.

It's cool and all, but aside from a command-line interface (which I am fine with) to a GUI, what does this enable?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello guys, flashing custom ROM (or origin ROM) is great, but it's so painful to loss all 3rd application data, games, ebook, etc...So, i make this tool to help you to backup/restore 3rd apps/games' data.
    I say again, it only BACKUP/RESTORE your apps/games' DATA, not backup/restore apps/games. Clearly, this tool use ISETool from WP SDK 7.1 to receive-send data to Isolated Storage folder of all apps/games.

Requirements:
    - Your PC must have WP SDK 7.1 beta 2 or later
    - Your phone is jailbroken

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?810gdjg7mprmmf2

Instruction:
    *Backup:

• Choose a folder to store backup by pressing Browse button
    • Press BACKUP button and wait
    • Now you can flash your ROM, don't worry about 3rd apps's data
    *Restore:
    (After flashing ROM, you have to manually install all of your apps/games before restoring)

• Choose a folder to restore backup by pressing Browse button
    • Press RESTORE button and wait
    • Now all your data is restored!

p/s: someone tell me that we have to run each apps/games at least once before we do the restore. In my case, i don't run anything and just restoring & everything's fine :D
    Sadly, some apps & games downloaded directly from Marketplace cannot be backup :( such as Amazon Kindle. But if u use 3Mktplace to download, patch it and deploy to device, everything work perfectly!

I also make a video how to use this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZ67mIbLw6Y&feature=player_embedded

Any feedbacks will be welcomed :D

tdiddy.2
    winphoneviet.com
    ok it backuped only one app (the most important , navigon)

would it be possible to select what to backup ?
    so lets say that I can select the apps data that I want to backup ?

thanks for the idea, i made a tool call ISE GUI, u can use this tool to backup any apps/games with known product ID.
    u can download it here: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?7jy2ahddv0mes83

u know how to get the product ID of apps/games, don't u ?
    let me say that different :D

No I don't know how to get the product ID of apps/games

download my tool: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1220617
    add xap files u want to get product ID, after adding, double click a row and here u go :D

p1.png

p1.png

I found the file from this link and reuploaded to datafilehost:
    mod edit - adware

http://www1.datafilehost.com/d/6273256a
    Great, this is gonna get popular :)

cheers