Will not boot into Download/Recovery

Search This thread

DWake014

Mar 31, 2010
Hey,

I was installing the latest version of Paranoid Android on my wife's phone, with the latest TWRP recovery and something seems to have gone wrong. I wiped the system and caches since her phone was on CarbonRom, and then installed PA along with their gapps. I then had the phone boot on, let the phone stay on the bootscreen (they suggest up to 5 mins), but after almost 7 mins, nothing. After some searching I've tried booting into Recovery and since that had not been working (just boots to system, which is the endless bootscreen) I tried getting it to enter download mode so I can put it back to stock, no luck, same bootloop issue. Kinda getting worried it could be bricked, any help is very much appreciated.

DWake014

Mar 31, 2010
How am I supposed to use this program if my phone is stuck in a bootloop and I can not access Recovery or Download mode?

A30N

Mar 26, 2011
Florida
Razer Phone 2
OnePlus 8
The only other option is to order or make a USB-jig to force it into fastboot mode, which will then allow you to use the Toolkit. If that doesn't work, then the bootloader is damaged, and you will have to exchange the phone.

ti-pich

Sep 11, 2012
Québec
I don't think bootloader get flashed when using cwm or twrp. Just try to pull the battery, put it back in and then hold vol+ vol- and power to get in fastboot. Once in fastboot just flash everything you need. If you need help with fastboot just check for the thread in general section about returning to stock.

Reactions: A30N

bodh

Nov 28, 2012
Scranton
If you can get to fastboot, try scrolling to recovery, and then factory reset, and see if it boots.

DWake014

Mar 31, 2010
I believe I got it into download mode last night after many attempts at every battery and button combo I could try. Unfortunately I hit start too soon and it just booted to system, I believe I will have to make a jig and go from there, if there wasn't such a big issue with just getting into the bootloader or download mode I would have been done a long time ago.

beekay201

Nov 8, 2010
I believe I got it into download mode last night after many attempts at every battery and button combo I could try. Unfortunately I hit start too soon and it just booted to system, I believe I will have to make a jig and go from there, if there wasn't such a big issue with just getting into the bootloader or download mode I would have been done a long time ago.

EDIT: culprits:
a) when switching ROMs, you didn't wipe data/factory reset.
b) when you're in FASTBOOT mode, you use the volume keys to go up and down, through the several options, until you see RECOVERY mode; THEN, you press POWER to boot up, INTO recovery mode, which will allow, obviously, to factory reset (mind that if you formatted /system again, you will need to reflash the ROM).

Note: you should still read the guide I linked below.

Pull the battery out again, wait a minute, Hold VOLUME UP+VOLUME DOWN+POWER and you'll be in FASTBOOT, not DOWNLOAD mode. Then PLEASE, go follow efrant's guide that's stickied on General section, and stop messing around with toolkits. Here -> http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1626895

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

beekay201

Nov 8, 2010
The only other option is to order or make a USB-jig to force it into fastboot mode
2a1.jpg

Please, everybody, read his post!! He can get into fastboot mode!!

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda app-developers app

M

m.kochan10

People what are you talking about? USB jig will never bring you to fastboot mode! It's always download (odin) mode.
If you can boot into fastboot I would recommend you to at least re-flash recovery.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I don't think bootloader get flashed when using cwm or twrp. Just try to pull the battery, put it back in and then hold vol+ vol- and power to get in fastboot. Once in fastboot just flash everything you need. If you need help with fastboot just check for the thread in general section about returning to stock.