[Q] Bricked i9000?

Search This thread

jvrno

Feb 24, 2014
Hi there!

Bit of a problem with my Galaxy S. Had Darky's Rom 9.4, but I wanted update to 11. Somehow everything didn't work as intended, after wiping cache and dalvik-cache the phone didn't start at all. Just Samsung screen when booting, after 2 hours I called it a brick.

So I unbricked it by installing stock rom. Well, at least I can make calls and send sms. But there is some issues:

1. Volume buttons and home buttons doesn't work.
2. Impossible to charge the phone. If I insert charger, I cannot even boot it. If phone is turned on and I put charger in, 5 seconds and it will turn off.

Of course, I can't get into recovery mode, although CMrecovery is in there. It's just because of the button mappings which is screwed up somehow. Flashing stock firmware doesn't work either, because phone will crash after inserting the USB-cable. Downloadmode is accessible, but crashing in 5 seconds.

Bit of stuck here. I know, RTFM when flashing but too late for now. Is there any way to get full wipe? Scripts or something? Apps?

...oh wow.. it was my friend who flashed it with "stock" firmware, but it says i897 in about phone.. No wonder why nothing works.

SAMSUNG-SGH-I897
I897UCKK4
2.6.35.7-I897UCKK4-CL614489
GINGERBREAD.UCKK4

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

xsenman

Apr 9, 2012
Philippines

so you got a captivate ROM on an i9000? ,

try
1. Remove the battery, external SD card and SIM card.
2. Press power button without battery for 20 seconds.
3. Open odin3 with i9000 gingerbread JVU Stock ROM selected, Follow
pinned.png
[Tutorial] How to Unbrick, Flash, Downgrade, Root, Update i9000 from Froyo to Kit Kat
4. Connect to PC using USB cable.
5. Hold volume up + volume down + Power.
6. Insert battery.
7. Release POWER button only
8. check comport lights up in Odin3, if turns yellow press "Start"

or try other methods in
pinned.png
[Tutorial][A.I.O. Rescue & Recovery] My Android Solutions. [Help & Troubleshooting]

or from PC using ADB with recovery tools from
pinned.png
[Toolkit][A.I.O Rescue & Recovery] My Android Collection

jvrno

Feb 24, 2014
Hi xsenman,

Thanks for reply. Don't know what you mean captivate but yeah, it's incorrect ROM and probably kernel as well, but it's working somehow.

Will have a look on those instructions you provided. However, I managed to get into recovery mode. In i897 it's both volume buttons and power. So the volume buttons actually work. However, I cannot choose wipe because they are not working in recovery mode. :silly:

I'm able to have internet connection, so maybe I'll try with Quick Boot or Hot Boot.