Any hope left? Bricked Note 2, Help?

Search This thread

iDylan1357

Dec 24, 2010
I have a big problem with my Note 2.

It is completely frozen at the Galaxy Note screen when it very first turns on. It also freezes at the rotating circle when I plug it in to the charger.

I can access Download/ODIN Mode. I have tried flashing 4.3 again, Odin succeeded but it changed nothing.

I have tried and can not access recovery mode before/after the 4.3 flash.

I have a feeling I'm completely screwed, buy maybe not? What can I do?

Thanks!

dicksteele

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 4, 2010
California
I have a big problem with my Note 2.

It is completely frozen at the Galaxy Note screen when it very first turns on. It also freezes at the rotating circle when I plug it in to the charger.

I can access Download/ODIN Mode. I have tried flashing 4.3 again, Odin succeeded but it changed nothing.

I have tried and can not access recovery mode before/after the 4.3 flash.

I have a feeling I'm completely screwed, buy maybe not? What can I do?

Thanks!

Quickest easiest thing to try is flash (via ODIN) a custom recovery. TWRP or CWM, doesn't matter.

dicksteele

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 4, 2010
California
Quickest easiest thing to try is flash (via ODIN) a custom recovery. TWRP or CWM, doesn't matter.

Yes, I tried this too. Did not work.

Also, (I bought this off a friend btw), in download mode it says Knox Warranty Void: 1

what's this mean?

It means Knox security that was implemented detected something it did not like. Like maybe rooting.

Really not to much of a deal since warranty is probably not an option for you since you got it from someone else.

On my phone and not a lot of time. In this forum find a thread by me about getting to MK6 OTA via 4.1.1 stock.

I think it's post #2 that talks about param/tz file. Download that and flash via ODIN

That should work

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: gregsarg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Yes, I tried this too. Did not work.

Also, (I bought this off a friend btw), in download mode it says Knox Warranty Void: 1

what's this mean?

It means Knox security that was implemented detected something it did not like. Like maybe rooting.

Really not to much of a deal since warranty is probably not an option for you since you got it from someone else.

On my phone and not a lot of time. In this forum find a thread by me about getting to MK6 OTA via 4.1.1 stock.

I think it's post #2 that talks about param/tz file. Download that and flash via ODIN

That should work

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app