"Unfortunately, Camera has stopped." message, please help!

Search This thread

ajayrayit

Aug 13, 2014
Hi,

On my LG G3, camera displays the unfortunately camera has stopped message. I cannot access the camera using this application nor through any 3rd party applications. I can however access the front facing camera using snapchat but not the rear. I have tried the method of clearing cached, data then force stop it and reboot. This does not solve the problem. I have also rebooted the phone in safe mode to determine if it was interference from any 3rd party applications however even in safe mode I got the message, which leads me to think maybe a hardware problem. Can anyone offer some advice?? The device is not rooted. I go on holiday next week and was looking forward to taking some good pictures with it too!

Regards

Ajay

tntgdh

Aug 8, 2012
did you make any mod for the camera ? like video quality or bitrate ?
if you did your problem is with the permission of the files you changed. it happended to me too.
i decided to reinstall everything since a wipe didn't solve the problem. later i discovered that i forgot to chance the permissions. so the reinstall was unecessary...all i had to do was give the right permission as was stated in the post about the camera mod.

suljo94

Nov 25, 2013
Antwerpen
Hi,

On my LG G3, camera displays the unfortunately camera has stopped message. I cannot access the camera using this application nor through any 3rd party applications. I can however access the front facing camera using snapchat but not the rear. I have tried the method of clearing cached, data then force stop it and reboot. This does not solve the problem. I have also rebooted the phone in safe mode to determine if it was interference from any 3rd party applications however even in safe mode I got the message, which leads me to think maybe a hardware problem. Can anyone offer some advice?? The device is not rooted. I go on holiday next week and was looking forward to taking some good pictures with it too!

Regards

Ajay

do yo have a recovery installed if yes reply on this and I will pm you wat to do

also read my banner

ajayrayit

Aug 13, 2014
did you make any mod for the camera ? like video quality or bitrate ?
if you did your problem is with the permission of the files you changed. it happended to me too.
i decided to reinstall everything since a wipe didn't solve the problem. later i discovered that i forgot to chance the permissions. so the reinstall was unecessary...all i had to do was give the right permission as was stated in the post about the camera mod.

no mods nothing! how do I change these permissions then?

Do you have a 3rd party flashlight app installed? I had a similar issue and backtracked my installed apps a bit. I removed apps that I knew had access to hardware (removing each one at a time and rebooting my phone after each) The 3rd try was my flashlight app. After rebooting, the camera was back to normal. Also... the front camera likely worked because it doesn't access your camera's flash. Just a guess on that last part mind you. Hope this helps.

suljo94

Nov 25, 2013
Antwerpen
Do you have a 3rd party flashlight app installed? I had a similar issue and backtracked my installed apps a bit. I removed apps that I knew had access to hardware (removing each one at a time and rebooting my phone after each) The 3rd try was my flashlight app. After rebooting, the camera was back to normal. Also... the front camera likely worked because it doesn't access your camera's flash. Just a guess on that last part mind you. Hope this helps.

but a cse flash deletes all apps which he had done and still no luck, seems like a hardware issue to me

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Got it thanks, currently downloading the kdz file, fingers crossed this works! ill be ever grateful!

remember normal flash does not wipe apps cse does so try normal first also to express your gratitude follow step 10
    did you rebot when you changed the file back and did you set permissions

I did reboot but I did not remember to change the permissions..but I am guessing that since I copied the original file it would have kept the same permissions intact?

Anyhow, I restored back to stock because I wanted to upgrade to 10i so everything is working again and I don't have a hardware fault :victory:

I had something similar. I changed the camera to save to ext sd card. After that I got the same message. I assume it's the Kit Kat SD card issue. Changed back to save on device and all is well

Ah, I have always used Next SD Fix to deal with this but it only works on root. If ur rooted then try this app and see if ur able to write to SD again.