it's taking 4 hours for full charge
clean flashed with pico open gapps + magisk and OP5 cam
also phone is going into bootloop after wiping cache and rebooting

Last edited:
Reactions: ravit2839

nicesoni_ash

May 26, 2012
Hi, have to say really great ROM :)

noticed a little "error" though, automatic unlock on correct pin still shows wrong pin, but unlocks, so just a little design error.
and the compass in the statusbar doesnt seem to work, stuck on initializing ^^
Edit: also noticed security patch level still seems to be August ?
1. I'll have a look, small quirks to expect [emoji2]
2. If u mean compass in qs, it's fine here.
3. Security patches are what lineage have, I may update it to latest if lineage won't update it soon.

Sent from my "1+2" powered by Delight Oreo
Compiled by myself

shailinder

Aug 28, 2012
HI @nicesoni_ash,
Thanks for the Oreo Build. I am currently on Lineage OREO build, but I see a lot of additional features in your build. I would like to flash this ROM, can I dirty flash this over Lineage Oreo build or do I have to do a clean flash.

Though the base is same but a clean flash would be better and recommended.

SkyeNymph

Sep 8, 2015
Not gonna lie, definitely an awesome rom. If i had one complaint it is the preinclusion of an app with a pro version (phonograph. Why should i pay for darn colors!) Otherwise, definitely an awesome rom

---------- Post added at 02:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 PM ----------

Facing slow charging issue
it's taking 4 hours for full charge
clean flashed with pico open gapps + magisk and OP5 cam
also phone is going into bootloop after wiping cache and rebooting
I can corroborate the slow charge with clean flash, nano gapps, and magisk

SkyeNymph

Sep 8, 2015
The Pro version is actually free as well if you compile the sources. It's more of a donation than paying for a pro version.
Phonograph is my favorite music app; I hope it stays.
I feel as though not including a music player. By default would be a better option so that people can just choose which they like for example my personal favorite is retro. Besides which many of do users do not know how to compile the sources themselves so it kind of does make it a bit of a required Pro for them and all of that for just colors ?

Last edited:

chetan_1215

Jan 10, 2016
Redmi K20 Pro
Google contacts is default contact app, you sure it won't network fluctuate/ drop frequently?
Btw early builds are well working, no major issues here

_Kosmas_

Oct 2, 2014
@nicesoni_ash there is a problem with signature spoofing. After enabling it the device don't boot up anymore.
Sorry, I can't give you a log. Don't have a PC at the moment

Babbsack

Sep 14, 2016
Maintal
Very nice build! Fast and easy installation. Magisk and substratum work fine. Rest too so far.

Great work! Many thanks!

Fin_ua

Nov 7, 2017
In-call vibration (vibrate on connect) still not working. But I saw in changelog, that issue was fixed. Other in-call options work properly.

nicesoni_ash

May 26, 2012
In-call vibration (vibrate on connect) still not working. But I saw in changelog, that issue was fixed. Other in-call options work properly.
I tested all vibrations modes and all worked fine before I released this build.
Google contacts is default contact app, you sure it won't network fluctuate/ drop frequently?
Btw early builds are well working, no major issues here
This is what the default lineageos repo has and so far it's been stable, no network drops.

Compiled by myself

Last edited:

driverdis

Aug 11, 2010
So, does this ROM feature the same anti-piracy stuff that the Nougat ROM has? it is a valid question for those of us who use those apps for stuff other than piracy. personally, I find "LP" a great way to freeze app components and patch out advertising on apps that have obtrusive adverts. I am not asking for a piracy debate, just if this ROM contains the same "features" as the Nougat ROM.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    delight_xda_thread.png

Code:
    [CENTER]I am not responsible if you brick your devices or other issues.
    Do some research if you have any concerns about features in.

[B][COLOR="Red"]How to [B][URL="https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s3/help-i9305/how-to-how-to-best-phrase-request-to-t3404880"]submit[/URL][/B] a bug report?[/COLOR][/B]

[B][COLOR="Red"]How to [B][URL="https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=71866662&postcount=4154"]submit[/URL][/B] a bootloop log?[/COLOR][/B]

[COLOR="Blue"]Feature requests:
    I am open to feature requests.
    It'll be helpful if you provide me git commit links to cherry-pick.

[B]No support for custom kernels so don't report any issues if you use any.[/B][/COLOR]

[/CENTER]
    About Delight ROM
    Changelog
    Installation
    Downloads and useful links

About Delight ROM

Delight Rom is based on LineageOS with many features cherry-picked from omni, slim, du and other available roms.

Kernel is based on BlueBolt sources, I'll move to LineageOS sources once it's officially out for op2.

Credits
    CM (LineageOS),
    RR,
    OMNI,
    ABC Rom,
    SLIMROMS,
    crDroid,
    TeslaRom,
    Nitrogen-project,
    AICP,
    DU,
    AOSIP,
    ValidusOS,
    and of course to all the supporters

Main Features

-Navigation Bar
    -Enable/Disable Navbar
    -Navbar Button Customization
    -Pixel Animations

-Statusbar
    -Brightness Slider
    -Network Name
    -Smart Pulldown Switch
    -Battery Charging text
    -Battery Bar customization
    -Network Traffic Indicator

-Animations
    -Toast Animations
    -ListView Animations
    -System Animations

-Gestures
    -Touchscreen Gestures
    -Gestures Anywhere Feature

-AlertSlider Customizations
    -Extra options for Torch, Coffiene etc for alert slider buttons.
    -Disable them based on DND

-Recents Panel
    -Clear All button Switch
    -Clear All Button Location(Top right,Top Left,Top Center,Bottom Left,Bottom Right,Bottom Center)

-LockScreen
    -Lockscreen Shortcuts
    -Disable Lockscreen Media Art
    -Unlock just with FP after a Reboot/SystemUI
    -Enable/Disable Emergency option

-Notification Drawer
    -Weather Display Switch
    -Quick Settings
    -Enable Disable Brightness Slider in Notification Panel
    -Enable Disable Automatic Brightness switch in front of Brightness Slider
    -Advanced Location Settings Switch(Choose Battery saving/Device Only/High Accuracy Directly in Notification Panel)
    -LongPress Toogles to Enter Settings

-Buttons
    -Custom HW buttons actions
    -Backlight Timer
    -Power Menu
    -Power Menu End Calls Switch
    -SystemUI/SoftReboot/AdvancedReboot
    -Long Press Back Button to Disable Screen-Pinning

-Headset
    -Launch default music player on headset connect (with BT compatibility)
    -Headset Volume Warning Switch
    -

-Volume Buttons
    -Wake Up Device
    -Playback Control
    -Keyboard Cursor Control
    -Swap Buttons on Landscape mode

-Perfomance Profiles
    -Heads Up Customizations

-Signature Spoofing (microG GmsCore support)
    -Disable Signature Verification
    -Apps Downgrade possiblity.

-Bluetooth
    -Improve AVRCP quality and state handling
    -Accept all files" option for incoming files via BT
    -Display bluetooth battery status when available

-Delta Updates Support

-AND ....... (I'm tired of writing them all. I'll update this list later)

Changelog

Check here

Installation Instructions

- Download the latest build
    - If it's a bump in the version number e.g. 1.0 - 2.0, download the whole rom zip instead of downloading through OpenDelta.
    - Download Gapps (Any v8.0 Gapps will do)
    (Recommended not mandatory) - Take a nandroid backup
    - Recommended - Full wipe and factory reset
    - Flash ROM using latest TWRP recovery
    - Flash Gapps and other zip you would want to flash.
    - Reboot.
    - Enjoy!​

Update Instructions

- Download the latest build
    (Recommended not mandatory) - Take a nandroid backup
    - Flash ROM using recovery
    - Wipe cache
    - Wipe dalvik cache
    - Reboot
    - Enjoy!​

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][OP2] Delight Oreo 8.0 - Be Delighted, ROM for the OnePlus 2

Contributors
    nicesoni_ash
    Source Code: https://github.com/ashoksoni/android_kernel_oneplus_msm8994

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: v1.2
    Beta Release Date: 2017-11-29

Created 2017-11-09
    Last Updated 2017-11-21
    Screenshots

Few screenshots..
    Reserved

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Where is changelog?
    Changelog
    or
    Settings->System-About-Changelog

ROM is rootless?
    Yes, this rom is rootless. Flash Magisk or SuperSU or LineageOS addon to gain root functionalities.

What is OpenDelta and how to use it? (Delta updates will be available later.)
    - OpenDelta is an app developed by @Chainfire for OmniRoms which is open sourced and can be used by anyone. It's for providing incremental updates to users so instead of downloading a file of about 500+mb in size, you only need to download a file that's only about 20-50mb in size. This size can vary from update to update yet it'll still be better than the full zip.
    - Checking for updates can be automated or manually invoked by user.
    - If you want more files to be flashed with the delta update, put them under sdcard/OpenDelta/FlashAfterUpdate
    - You can enable Secure Mode in OpenDelta settings to make sure that the delta updates are signed with proper key and no intermediate injection was done, only downside is that the additional zips won't be flashed.
    - OpenDelta is in Customization - Misc.
    - Remember to keep the full zip of latest you have flashed, else when the delta update available it will ask you to download full zip of latest version instead of patching your existing zip with delta update.
    - If you are getting update disabled, make sure you clean flashed 23/02/2017 build or do a clean flash of any build after that and you will be fine later.

How to use Backup in OpenDelta properly?
    - This feature is added recently and only supports system/data/cache/recovery and boot partitions with data compression ON and md5checksum OFF.
    - There is currently no option to select which storage partition you want to backup yet, I will implement in future in my free time.
    - Remember if there isn't enough space left on your device for backup, whole script will halt and no further installation will happen so make sure there is enough space on your storage.
    - You will be shown a warning if you forgot to check Backup option under settings.

How to use CleanFlash in OpenDelta properly?
    - This feature is added recently to clean flash the updates.
    - This can work with Backup option so it's better if you click both Backup and CleanFlash options as then it will take a backup first before a clean flash.
    - You will be shown a warning if you forgot to check Backup option under settings when you do a clean flash using this option.

How to submit a bootloop log?
    - Visit this post and follow the procedure.

My apps don't have access to Clipboard, what's wrong?
    - It's a security precaution and you can enable app's background clipboard access by going into Security and enable "Allow background clipboard access".

I am not able to access my USB devices, like my pen drive etc, they were working fine earlier. What's wrong?
    - This is again a security precaution and you can give access them by going to Security - USB Accessories and choose appropriate option from there.

Are there any known issues in this rom before I report them to you?
    - Smartbar settings doesn't get saved and force close in restoring.
    - Report other stuff that's not mentioned here.

My phone is slow charging,, why?
    - When the device is in use, charging current will directly reduce to under 1amp but when device kicks idle it'll charge faster and could go upto 1.9amp. It should fully charged within 2 hours and few minutes but if it takes much longer than that, I suggest to use a different charging adapter or cable. I can't suggest any other solution to this as my phone is getting charged within the expected time frame.

Here is a good charging analysis for op2 with a third party adapter company which is a good read.

What about a different bootanimation/logo or something else that makes the appearance of this rom better?
    - Bootanimation/Launcher/Delight logo and everything that's subjective to the appearance of rom would be finalized later. This is all temporary till I finalize everything.

*Current Delight logo is provided by @zipalign which is a bit modified by me so all credits to him.

---- I will keep adding stuff here whenever I feel like it's needed to be.
    I haven't been much active since the last update and I can understand the impatience so hopefully this post may be of some help.

As some of you know that I am going through some personal stuff so have to prioritize what's more important. I am still interested to work on next update of this rom but it will take some time.

Hopefully it won't take that much time. ☺️

Compiled by myself
    You're the one! Erasing and adding fingerprints again solved it!
    Glad it's fixed now. [emoji2]

I was planning to release an update few days back but 8.1 release and December security patches changed that plan of mine so next update will take some time. Also I am thinking about changing the base of this rom but that's not final yet.

I understand that updates frequency isn't that good compared to my nougat builds but once we have a stable base and things calm down a bit, updates will be much faster, at least in form of weeklies.

Compiled by myself