[Guide] REAL guide for FULL Apps2SD using Clockwork. [UPDT 9.28.2012]

Search This thread

Yamizzolo

Mar 3, 2012
i was reflashing the rom, and usually i wipe dalvik cache before flashing so i did..however i've reflashed but now s2e doesn't recognize the partition!

mor_1228

Oct 3, 2010
Delhi
Next;
Install S2E
Check the'Applications' box
Check the 'Dalvic Cache' box
Reboot your phone

my application box is locked. how to enable it ? please show ur screenshot.

u moved private apps also ?
u moved application data also ?

52190474cb.jpg

Last edited:

SuperAce609

Oct 24, 2011
Bani, Dominican Republic
Next;
Install S2E
Check the'Applications' box
Check the 'Dalvic Cache' box
Reboot your phone

my application box is locked. how to enable it ? please show ur screenshot.

u moved private apps also ?
u moved application data also ?

52190474cb.jpg
Weird. Check the Dalvic Cache for now. Then after some phone usage, check back and see if the applications box is there. Did you just install the rom? There's a chance there are no user apps installed which means S2E can't move any apps to the SD.

Reactions: KidBuu03

mor_1228

Oct 3, 2010
Delhi
Weird. Check the Dalvic Cache for now. Then after some phone usage, check back and see if the applications box is there. Did you just install the rom? There's a chance there are no user apps installed which means S2E can't move any apps to the SD.

rebooting device enabled that option. pheeww m saved now. bro can u show ur s2e screenshot please. i need to see ticked options.

this is mine

13fff132ab.jpg

Last edited:

mor_1228

Oct 3, 2010
Delhi

thnkx. i have space left i havent installed anything but titanium back is saying cant install free some space.

bro can u please tell if u have time that why s2e is better than a2sd ?
after installing s2e and moving apps to sd. if i reboot my device then it goes till A N D R O I D screen 2 times and in 3rd time it goes to home screen
it happenes on every reboot.

SuperAce609

Oct 24, 2011
Bani, Dominican Republic
thnkx. i have space left i havent installed anything but titanium back is saying cant install free some space.

bro can u please tell if u have time that why s2e is better than a2sd ?
after installing s2e and moving apps to sd. if i reboot my device then it goes till A N D R O I D screen 2 times and in 3rd time it goes to home screen
it happenes on every reboot.
Yeah, its a little problem with titanium. I've had that before. Rebooting will solve it.

Anyway, S2E can move EVERYTHING to the SD. Whereas Link2SD says it does the same but takes up all your internal storage too. How? I don't know. Every time I used Link2SD, I can only install about 5-7 more apps. With S2E, my SD card is my limit xD

mor_1228

Oct 3, 2010
Delhi
Yeah, its a little problem with titanium. I've had that before. Rebooting will solve it.

Anyway, S2E can move EVERYTHING to the SD. Whereas Link2SD says it does the same but takes up all your internal storage too. How? I don't know. Every time I used Link2SD, I can only install about 5-7 more apps. With S2E, my SD card is my limit xD

i tried alot but titanium is giving me problem. i am sad i had refalsh whole rom again this i will try a2sd and if that also gave me problem then i will move back to link2sd only :(

SuperAce609

Oct 24, 2011
Bani, Dominican Republic
i tried alot but titanium is giving me problem. i am sad i had refalsh whole rom again this i will try a2sd and if that also gave me problem then i will move back to link2sd only :(
Woah buddy. You don't need to reflash a whole rom just because Titanium said you don't "have enough space". If you checked the boxes on S2E then you KNOW you have space. What rom are you using? That happened to me and I just rebooted every time I had that message and continued installing.

mor_1228

Oct 3, 2010
Delhi
Woah buddy. You don't need to reflash a whole rom just because Titanium said you don't "have enough space". If you checked the boxes on S2E then you KNOW you have space. What rom are you using? That happened to me and I just rebooted every time I had that message and continued installing.

i just flashed whole rom again i am on miracle v4. installed asd scripts and a2sd and now there is no problem at all not even with titanium backup. i guess a2sd is better than s2e.
note: i installed titanium backup first before using a2sd app not script.

SuperAce609

Oct 24, 2011
Bani, Dominican Republic
i just flashed whole rom again i am on miracle v4. installed asd scripts and a2sd and now there is no problem at all not even with titanium backup. i guess a2sd is better than s2e.
note: i installed titanium backup first before using a2sd app not script.
Uh, no. Lmfao you definitely did something wrong. I'm on miracle V4 and running S2E perfectly. You think A2SD is better than S2E? Check your internal storage.

phreeoni

May 4, 2012
PUNE
Doubt

This guide is bullet proof. It will not damage your phone in any way or make it run any risks as long as you follow step by step.

sir, i m new to android, but i love it, bought galaxy ace.
the memory in Galaxy ACE is less than 200 mb i guess.. and we are able to install a particular number of apps only.
does this post of urs guides the method to install the all apps on the SD card only
even those which are internal memory installable?
sorry for too many Questions. but it will be a gr8 help for me if so.
i also want to shift from Custom ROM to customized ROM..

i hope you can clear my doubt
thanks

SuperAce609

Oct 24, 2011
Bani, Dominican Republic
sir, i m new to android, but i love it, bought galaxy ace.
the memory in Galaxy ACE is less than 200 mb i guess.. and we are able to install a particular number of apps only.
does this post of urs guides the method to install the all apps on the SD card only
even those which are internal memory installable?
sorry for too many Questions. but it will be a gr8 help for me if so.
i also want to shift from Custom ROM to customized ROM..

i hope you can clear my doubt
thanks
Listen here billy.

S2E works on CM7 ONLY. So unless you have CM7 installed or a CM7 based rom, this will not work for you. Like I said on the first post, this guide is bullet proof. It'll move EVERYTHING from the internal memory to the SD. Including those that say "internal memory only".

phreeoni

May 4, 2012
PUNE
Listen here billy.

S2E works on CM7 ONLY. So unless you have CM7 installed or a CM7 based rom, this will not work for you. Like I said on the first post, this guide is bullet proof. It'll move EVERYTHING from the internal memory to the SD. Including those that say "internal memory only".

so it means its sortta expanding your internal memory.. and the partitioned memory of SD works as internal memory.. right.. if so.. i will surely give it a try.. as soon as i install CM7
and thanks a lot...
but the problem is i m using Stock rom..
havnt rooted the phone yet..(dont know how to root)
havnt installed any customized rom "cm7" (dont know how to)
can u please let me know the ROM u are using. and method u used.. please..:confused:

SuperAce609

Oct 24, 2011
Bani, Dominican Republic
so it means its sortta expanding your internal memory.. and the partitioned memory of SD works as internal memory.. right.. if so.. i will surely give it a try.. as soon as i install CM7
and thanks a lot...
but the problem is i m using Stock rom..
havnt rooted the phone yet..(dont know how to root)
havnt installed any customized rom "cm7" (dont know how to)
can u please let me know the ROM u are using. and method u used.. please..:confused:
I'll give you what you have to look up so you can learn by yourself.

First root.
Install Clockwork 5.0
Then look for a CM7 rom you'd like to install and follow the instructions on how to install it.

You can find all this by Google. Go for it and PM me any questions you have.

phreeoni

May 4, 2012
PUNE
thank you sir

I'll give you what you have to look up so you can learn by yourself.

First root.
Install Clockwork 5.0
Then look for a CM7 rom you'd like to install and follow the instructions on how to install it.

You can find all this by Google. Go for it and PM me any questions you have.

sir, i will do step by step as u said.. root and clockwork installation etc
but can u suggest any good CM7 rom.. by your choice.. the ROM u think is the best.. as per speed and battery life..
i dont know much but i have heard abt CM7 miracle v4.. though i dont know what it exactly is.. i have been searching for it since many days for ACE but failed.. if u can suggest

and secondly.. i have tried.. bt i m unable to PM anyone.. due to XDA rules and all.. u know

SuperAce609

Oct 24, 2011
Bani, Dominican Republic
sir, i will do step by step as u said.. root and clockwork installation etc
but can u suggest any good CM7 rom.. by your choice.. the ROM u think is the best.. as per speed and battery life..
i dont know much but i have heard abt CM7 miracle v4.. though i dont know what it exactly is.. i have been searching for it since many days for ACE but failed.. if u can suggest

and secondly.. i have tried.. bt i m unable to PM anyone.. due to XDA rules and all.. u know
Oh alright, then just keep on posting here. Anyway no. I don't recommend Miracle to you since you're new to Android and such. I'd recommend a rom thats not bareboned. Bareboned means most system apps are removed to free up space. Go for Unofficial CM7.2.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This guide is bullet proof. It will not damage your phone in any way or make it run any risks as long as you follow step by step.

What you'll need:
    Any Android phone with CWM5 installed
    For S2E - A CyanogenMod rom running on your phone. (Doesn't matter if a custom rom based on CM7 or CM7 itself. If S2E doesn't work, contact your rom's developer.)

Step by Step Guide

This part of the guide can be used simply to just make a partition on your SD. You don't have to use S2E which is completely optional. You can use any other app that fits your needs.

1. Backup your SD card data to PC before start partitioning.
    2. Power on your phone
    3. Hold the Home and Power button
    4. Use volume down button to go down to ‘advanced’.
    5. Then press home button
    6. Select ‘Partition SD Card’.
    7. Select the ext size that you want (128M, 256M, 512M, 1024M, 2048M or 4096M). (I use 256MB)
    8. Select 0M as the Swap Size.
    9. Copy back your data to SD card.
    10. That’s all

Next;
    For S2E

1. Go to CM settings and check 'Application moving'
    2. Install S2E
    3. Check the'Applications' box
    4. Check the 'Dalvic Cache' box
    5. Reboot your phone

For INT2EXT+ (For CM10.1 check this thread http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=37939052&postcount=1121)
    1. Download from the thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1716124
    2. Place it on the root of the SD
    3. Make sure you delete ANY A2SD you have in your init.d folder.
    4. Boot up CWM5
    5. Mount system and data
    6. Look for it and flash it (In "Install zip from SD")
    7. Format SD EXT (In mounts and storage)
    8. Reboot your phone

For Amarullz
    1. Download the file attached to the first post here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1310309
    2. Delete any A2SD scripts you might already have on your phone in the init.d folder
    3. Extract the zip and put the script in the init.d folder
    4. Change permissions to rw-r-r or to rwxrwxrwx if the first one doesn't work for you.
    5. Reboot

I DO NOT USE LINK2SD OR RECOMMEND IT EITHER SO DON'T ASK.

When you reboot, it will take some time because of the Dalvic cache being moved to the SD card. When you install something, it will be installed automatically in the SD card, resulting in a completely empty internal storage.

NOTE FOR S2E: Some widgets or applications that have widgets, don't work while installed in the SD card. Those must be moved to the internal storage. The same thing applies to any themes you're using, launcher, camera apps, or anything else you believe should be installed internally.

NOTE 2: Please also keep in mind that when you reboot your phone (or turn it on) anything installed in the SD won't work until the phone is done scanning the SD card and confirms the item is installed.

NOTE 3: To delete the partition, you'll have to format the whole SD card. For that you have to use the Android Settings>Storage>Format SD. Any other way and the partition WILL NOT be erased. Make sure you back up before doing this.

S2E and AMARULLZ work with CM BASED ROMS ONLY but INT2EXT is UNIVERSAL.

You can try DarkTremor's script which is the same thing basically but I don't really know how to set it up so you'll have to find your own guide. And Links2SD doesn't free up that much memory but at least its something.

Please read this post carefully before asking any questions. I will ignore EVERY QUESTION who's answer is on this post.

Thanks to DavySML125 for the CM10.1 tip.

Fun fact: I use my own guide every time I flash a new rom :p
    I think it will as the developer said that himself. Hey dude can you share the latest S2E apk? I don't have net connection on my phone right now. I can't find the latest one on google. thanks!
    Oh sure, no prob. Give me a second.

EDIT: There we go.

Latest S2E apk 2.2.1

http://www.mediafire.com/?85u21r2u9b1sxmt
    im using 16gb now.... what size should i put it in?
    Depends on how much memory you think you'll consume. I'd still say go for 1GB. I have 100+ apps installed and I haven't even used half that GB. I'm using a 8GB class 4 or 6 (I forgot) and I'm thinking of lowering it to 500MB.
    it is work for cm7 only ?

Sent from my GT-S5830 using XDA App
    Did you finish reading the first post before asking?
    I tried on stock rom with ext4 partition created with CWM 5.0.2.6, and check boxes S2E can not be checked (inaccessible).
    thank you
    Even if you can't click the boxes, are they checked? Do they have a little green box next to them?