Need a good home launcher and lock screen

Search This thread

Mahmood02

Jul 18, 2013
Hello guys I'm new to the forums, any way im looking for a cool home launcher and lock screen, something like go launcher but free and less clutter, also my device is not rooted or anything of that makes a difference. Thank you

Jctatis

Oct 14, 2012
Panamá
Do you know any other good ones?

LockerPro?

original.jpg

Mahmood02

Jul 18, 2013
I read some of the reviews on Google play and a good amount of people said it's not all that great

Sent from my LG-P769 using xda app-developers app

TheCoutures

Feb 19, 2011
Maiden, NC
Hello guys I'm new to the forums, any way im looking for a cool home launcher and lock screen, something like go launcher but free and less clutter, also my device is not rooted or anything of that makes a difference. Thank you

You can get Nova for free minus some of the bells and whistles which is really resource light and is basic Nexus 7 design.

As far as lock screen I can't recommend as I pattern lock my screen.

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk 2

Mahmood02

Jul 18, 2013
I tried smart launcher out and in pretty happy with it I'll look into nova though

Sent from my LG-P769 using xda app-developers app

Techgod

Aug 19, 2009
Mumbai
I get better battery using nova or launcher 8

Sent from my LG-P765 using xda app-developers app

Jul 20, 2013
Oregon
Launcher and Locker

I have used many launchers in the past including Launcher 8 and Smart Launcher. However I prefer Apex Launcher over the latter because of the simplicity of the applications UI and the ability to customize down to the size of icons. I am currently running Apex Launcher and it doesn't seem to drain battery more than other launchers I have tested. Here are some of my home screens.

Front.jpg Left.jpg Transition.jpg

I went for a minimalistic look and used the option to disable the notification bar and dock. The notification bar can be accessed by a fast swipe down and the app drawer (also customizable) can be accessed by a fast swipe up. I used ZooperWidget for many of my widgets and SMPL White icons for ditching the colored app icons.

As for the locker I installed Holo Locker which gives a very clean look to the phone.

Locker.jpg

The paid version can be customized to show SMS and call notifications and I believe you need it to change to shortcuts as well.

All these apps can be found on the Play Store SMPL White icons and Holo Locker being the only paid ones. Using these two together gives the device a very sleek look. I would recommend them to anyone who is looking to improve upon stock UI without rooting!

Ilxaot

May 1, 2013
Parrish
I prefer Holo Launcher HD, Nova and Apex are too... Feature filled for me. Also I find that Holo HD uses less RAM and is smoother with less redraws on my P769

RicAndroid

Aug 5, 2012
I use Nova Launcher and for the lockscreen, I purchased Widgetlocker.

Sent from my LG-P769 using xda premium

tchsvy

Sep 10, 2012
Hyderabad
This Droid world is filled with many choices, so many that i feel spoiled.
Sony Xperia Z, MiHome, MiSpace, SoHo, Nova, Apex, Holo... these are the launchers I have used, and most of the times return to Xperia Z's home launcher, I wont tell you to go and install it, but I would rather tell you to "Explore to find out what suits your taste most!"
Happy Exploring!! ;)

Last edited:

Techgod

Aug 19, 2009
Mumbai
Xperia Z launcher has many features.....i prefer nova....saves battery.

tchsvy

Sep 10, 2012
Hyderabad
Right now using Huawei Emotion Launcher, kind of modified MiHome launcher and feels slick and fluid, and the weather live wallpaper with auto wedgie sync is pretty sick!!

ShawnZ248

May 4, 2012
Subjecttoreply, where did you get your wallpaper from? Can you provide me the link?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts