Hard bricked. Feel terrible

Search This thread

mariano54

Apr 21, 2014
Hey everyone, so today I was installing a rom on my friend's s3, and it turns out Verizon phones had a locked bootloader, so we managed to brick it. I've been trying to fix it for hours.

I finally found a way to fix it by using an external SD, so I was trying to format my external sd from my s4, in order to use for the bricked s3. I used an app called aparted.

Apparantly, aparted seemed to have deleted my phones partitions, not just the external sd card. Because now I cannot turn on my phone. It is completely unresposive. No odin, no cmw, no lights. I have managed to brick 2 phones in one day. I don't know what to do. Is this fixable with a jtag service? Are there any places that are trustworthy?

Thanks, and please give me some advice...

bennyboy78

Nov 9, 2011
Best buy MAY be able to fix it... Although I think u probably will need JTAG ?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

mariano54

Apr 21, 2014
Hmm

I think I'm just gonna go for the JTAG. I went to a repair store where I live and he said the motherboard was broken.. I think he just had no idea what to do with it, since the charging light didn't go on.

I have seen some ebay sellers with good ratings, that say they provide JTAG service, for around 30 dollars.

These are cheaper than the 60 dollars from mobiletech. What do you guys recommend? Which one has less chance of scamming / more chance of unbricking?

thanks a lot!

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
I think I'm just gonna go for the JTAG. I went to a repair store where I live and he said the motherboard was broken.. I think he just had no idea what to do with it, since the charging light didn't go on.

I have seen some ebay sellers with good ratings, that say they provide JTAG service, for around 30 dollars.

These are cheaper than the 60 dollars from mobiletech. What do you guys recommend? Which one has less chance of scamming / more chance of unbricking?

thanks a lot!

Mobiletechvideos has a good reputation. If they can't fix it they don't charge you

Sent from my Nexus 5

Red_81

Dec 5, 2010
St.Louis Metro
^ This. They have fixed previous phones for me and they are a very reliable business.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app