[ROM] Myn’s Warm Donut - [RLS 5 - 04/24/2010] - Added Odexed version 06/27

Do you like the current font?

• Total voters
Search This thread

roberto188

Aug 28, 2008
Also noted:

In the menu screen if an application has a very long name for example baseball allstars 2009 Lite....the menu can't show the entire name...so it shows the text, an ellipses, and then a close bracket. Kinda funky looking.

CyCLoBoT

Dec 14, 2007
I copied the Adroid folder on the sdcard and ran haRET and when I click run, it just goes to a black screen and nothing else happens. I tried using both Default.txt files but nothing. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

krwilson

Oct 11, 2009
Code:
set cmdline "ppp.nostart=0 mddi.width=240 mddi.height=320 lcd.density=120 msm_sdcc.msmsdcc_fmax=32000000 pm.sleep_mode=0 board-htcvogue.panel_type=3 no_console_suspend"
boot

Unless you are a Sprint user, set the panel_type to 1 (3 is for Sprint, different type). This will fix the issue, I think, for I am learning too. This is in your Default Text.

cbaty08

Jun 30, 2009
Santa Clara
Worked like a charm, thanks for the quickness!

For what it's worth, this is the best build of android I have tested out so far... REALLY, great job.

Last edited:

myn

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 15, 2007
Worked like a charm, thanks for the quickness!

For what it's worth, this is the best build of android I have tested out so far... REALLY, great job.

Thanks for the kind words.

I should have mentioned in my original post that the default.txt included is configured for sprint users (panel set to 3). And if you are on another carrier (verizon) should change panel to 1. I have updated the first thread accordingly.

Sorry for the confusion.

Last edited:

grktaurus83

Feb 9, 2008
So just loaded this up and it's not only snappy, but looks fantastic as well...

Personal Issues:
============
1) Seems like the fonts are a bit blurry compared to other builds (using 240x320@120)... strange...
2) I despise rounded corners... feels like it wastes screen space and it doesn't work well with different parts of the UI (most notably is the contacts screen)
3) Not sure why the notification bar fonts are set to black, but I need to figure out how to change the font to white also... Time to dig through some of the Q&A's
4) Interesting that the battery drains from right to left... I think I prefer the opposite... totally a deal breaker [/sarcasm]

Other than my personal gripes, this is a great build... congrats!

Last edited:

myn

Nov 15, 2007
I should have been a little more considerate with my design decision to remove the titlebar clock (or to conseal it by making it the same color as the titlebar background (black)).

I think I made some assumptions about people using weather widgets that include a clock. I personally didn't like the redundancy but I completely see now that I should have included it. The next version will include a very visible white clock titlebar.

Here's what mine looks like:

MynsWarmDonutHomeScreen-1-18-2010.png

In the mean time, if you want to change the clock titlebar color yourself you can use these 2 resources:

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Psycoboy15

Jan 3, 2009
Chandler, AZ
I just reloaded again to nand and same issue android.process.acore keeps force closing. Which makes it so I can't use it. Every time it tries to load the desktop it crashes. I am using this in 240X320. I havn't tried the other resolution. I can if you think it make fix the issue.

detour522

Jul 20, 2008
I should have been a little more considerate with my design decision to remove the titlebar clock (or to conseal it by making it the same color as the titlebar background (black)).

I think I made some assumptions about people using weather widgets that include a clock. I personally didn't like the redundancy but I completely see now that I should have included it. The next version will include a very visible white clock titlebar.

MynsWarmDonutHomeScreen-1-18-2010.png

In the mean time, if you want to change the clock titlebar color yourself you can use these 2 resources:

myn, thank you for so responsive to the community! this is a great build and i am really enjoying it testing it out on my vogue right now.

everything is running fairly well but i still see some lags here and there compare to the droid-ion donut build. one thing that's really noticeable is when i try to launch the dialer. it sometimes takes about a full second for the dialer to appear.

grktaurus83

Feb 9, 2008

I remember being annoyed by the double display also. The best solution to this would be to be able to toggle the clock off (meaning the icons would all slide to the right where the clock usually is). I hate having a gaping space on the right hand side of the title bar more than having a double display, but maybe that's just me.

No need to apologize... It's your build so you don't need to accommodate everyone's personal request on style (though it would still be appreciated~).

Yet again, beautiful build.

detour522

Jul 20, 2008
has anyone tried using widgets? i just tried using the calendar widget and some free weather widgets and they are all having trouble displaying information.

myn

Nov 15, 2007
I just reloaded again to nand and same issue android.process.acore keeps force closing. Which makes it so I can't use it. Every time it tries to load the desktop it crashes. I am using this in 240X320. I havn't tried the other resolution. I can if you think it make fix the issue.

I am really unfamiliar with the nand boot process. I've never actually gave it a try :/. I really should get up to speed on this to accommodate NAND users.

To other ROM builders: Is there something special that needs to be built into these SQSH's to support nand?

Thanks

Top Liked Posts