Will this ever be possible?

Search This thread

sinister1

Feb 28, 2009
Houston
We are now near the Tango release and Windows 7 hasn't changed that much at all; it is still very limited as far as customization or generic functions compared with it predecessor. With that said has anyone gotten any closer to creating the ability to create a custom start screen wallpaper? Or will this ever happen at all?

wallpaper.jpg

chaitanya91845

Nov 1, 2009
Mumbai
I don't like it too. Or maybe I have grown accustomed to the black background. Choice is good though.
Anyway, MSFT has announced that there won't be custom wallpapers in Windows 8, while it is in metro mode.
I guess it will be the same for Windows Phone.

sinister1

Feb 28, 2009
Houston
Well that's just disapointing; at this rate I don't see WP going any where but down hill with it's you can't do this or that restrictions.

drupad2drupad

Apr 11, 2010
1 out of 4 posters are happy with black background and WP will go downhill? :|

Sent from my TITAN X310e using Board Express

Reactions: sermann

Dinchy87

Aug 9, 2011
Živinice
Well that's just disapointing; at this rate I don't see WP going any where but down hill with it's you can't do this or that restrictions.

Metro style is that what you will se of MSFT over the next years, because it is an eyecatcher, look at other operators that "steal" this style that msft make popular. if they stick with if long enough they will gain succes! all the fancy stuff that was from 1990 till 2010 was just personification that was "not necessary". and plus it needed more resource to work. all the little things like shadows under icons, gloss, metallic, transparent tiles, transparent icons, aero style, everything is just the past. Metro just lives on. and give it a chance, iOS had this chance with it blueish iOS on phones, and android had it chance with colorful styling, just give metro a chance and it will win, because it is NEW, FRESH, LIGHT, UNSTRESSED, FAST, MODERN and many more things. if anybody dont believe in msft with they metro style i suggest, sell your pc, buy a mac, or google device, sell your wp7 or in the future wp8. and uninstall windows 8, delete it, and move on like you wish to do :)

but believe me, ipad user would pay to get windows 8 on an ipad! dont be silly like them to want some other style that is not the style of your device! if you want another style, just switch...

and for the ones that want a change on windows 8, it is still the windows that you can modify like in the past. and the background picture is also only a picture on windows 8, and everything can be changed. everything that man can make, man can it change or destroy :)

bobzero

Oct 4, 2008
Those transparent tiles and gloss with the cluttered background is painful to look at.

Give me simple, clean, clear metro any day over that garbage.

MrCornholio

Feb 23, 2012
I highly doubt that anything like that will happen. What makes WP7 standout is the black background with the colored tiles. The photo you provided looks alot like Android, and that is terrible :p

The power of Metro is the simplicity :)

Sobralobo

Jul 9, 2011
Setúbal
I'm on Android but I already try Launcher 7 to have a taste of what is WP7. And I agree with above, in your picture I personnally see more the background than the tiles and it not the aim, I think, of Metro UI (btw the transparency of your picture give me headache, no offense ;)).

Sent from my LG-P970 using xda premium

helterskelter

Aug 15, 2005

The iPhone is pretty successfull for a restricted OS, wouldn't you say?

I'm sick of people saying WP is 2. rate because it's limited yet the most popular phone OS ever is just as, or even more, limited.

Reactions: anseio

tai4de2

Feb 10, 2008
I'll say what I said on the "can I install Android on my WP7 xxx handset" threads: choice is bad! I hope you never get to the level of customization where you can Androidify WP7's Metro.

sinister1

Feb 28, 2009
Houston
LOL, having a start screen wallpaper won't Androidify the Metro at all, just allow for personalization. WP is really going no where just look at it's Market share will at least here in the U.S. To top it all off now all of a suddent for no apperent reason, I can't send picture attachments from my phone at all. I try to keep a posotive attitude towards the plat form but this is just rediculous. I am starting to dislike WP again little by little.

lovenokia

Sep 1, 2011
LOL, having a start screen wallpaper won't Androidify the Metro at all, just allow for personalization. WP is really going no where just look at it's Market share will at least here in the U.S. To top it all off now all of a suddent for no apperent reason, I can't send picture attachments from my phone at all. I try to keep a posotive attitude towards the plat form but this is just rediculous. I am starting to dislike WP again little by little.

seriously? windows phone market share is growing in the us, last time i saw was at 7% and rising. The nokia lumia 900 is getting a lot of marketing, in may and june there will be even more marketing and now every employee must sell one of those phones monthly. If anything windows phone is getting on the rise now espically when att is sick of taking orders from apple and verizon and joining that bandwagon too.

sinister1

Feb 28, 2009
Houston
seriously? windows phone market share is growing in the us, last time i saw was at 7% and rising. The nokia lumia 900 is getting a lot of marketing, in may and june there will be even more marketing and now every employee must sell one of those phones monthly. If anything windows phone is getting on the rise now espically when att is sick of taking orders from apple and verizon and joining that bandwagon too.

Nokia is doing a good job and so are other phone makers like HTC there is no question about it but it is MS it's self that is holding back the full potential of what Windows Phone could be. Hopeful with the release of Windows Phone 8 this will all change but they just keep us holding out for nothing. And not to argue but 7% is nothing. I have a Windows Phone; you know how many other people have a Windows Phone? Maybe 1. The truth is the truth and the numbers speak for them selves.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1 out of 4 posters are happy with black background and WP will go downhill? :|

Sent from my TITAN X310e using Board Express

The iPhone is pretty successfull for a restricted OS, wouldn't you say?

I'm sick of people saying WP is 2. rate because it's limited yet the most popular phone OS ever is just as, or even more, limited.