[Q] Problem to root XT910 JB with Easy Way

Search This thread

Nono-Skorium

Dec 18, 2012
Dublin (Ireland)
Hi guys,

I used the virtual machine to root my JB on my RAZR (XT910). The process give me a succefull message but when I open SuperUser application. I have a message to install the app.
INSTALL: The Superuser (su) must be updated. Please choose an installation method. Recovery mode installation is recommended for HTC devices.
I have choice between "Recovery Install" and "Install" but when I choose one or the other one, I have this message.
INSTALL: There was an error installing Superuser. Please send a log of the error to the developer.

I have not a log in the app. I don't know maybe the root didn't work.

Somebody have an idea to fix that?

PS: I havn't the right to ask this on the topic "Root XT910 Jelly Bean (EASY way)".

Thanks for your help.

Draxin

Mar 31, 2012
Oregon
Have you tried just downloading it from the playstore, if it says already installed, uninstall it, then reinstall it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using xda app-developers app

Nono-Skorium

Dec 18, 2012
Dublin (Ireland)
The problem is always here. I tried with other superuser app, but I have a message the binary isn't installed. So, I think I need to use "SuperUser app" installed with the method, but it doesn't work.

More information about my phone:
System version: 982.184.14.XT910.Retail.en.FR
Model number: XT910
Android version: 4.1.2
Baseband version: U_04.10.00R
Webtop version: wt-3.0.0
Kernel version: 3.0.8-g7198280
Buid number: 9.8.2O-124_SPUEM-14

The "USB debugging" and "Unknown sources" are enabled.

Nono-Skorium

Dec 18, 2012
Dublin (Ireland)
No idea? Because, I read a lot of topics but obviously I m alone with this problem. I will try to flash with an another firmware.
Branding: Retail British
Version: 9.8.2O-124_SPUEM-14 FULL
Android Version: 4.1.2

EDIT 1:
And retry to to root. But I will like to know why the root don't work on my RAZR... It's very weird.

The problem is always here! I don't understand... Look the picture, it's OK but when I install Ad Away (for exemple), a popup says my phone isn't rooted.

EDIT 2:
Very nice! But I have one problem, after every reboot it tells me SU binary need to be updated, how can i fix this?
Update by wifi
Or
You press hardware button when phone vibrated? During rooting?

Ok, I can try this. But when I need to press the button? After the vibration?

Attachments

• virtualbox.jpg
    virtualbox.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:

Luisit0

Mar 29, 2011
San Juan
well, at least ur phone has something... in my case, it didnt get to recognize my phone! it stayed on * daemon started successfully * and doesnt continue... drivers installed fine when I plugged my phone to the PC, so I'm clueless as to what I can do here...

Nono-Skorium

Dec 18, 2012
Dublin (Ireland)
tDiveste later

Have you check the USB Settings in VirtualBox. Maybe, it's just that? I don't know.

It's always impossible for me to root my RAZR... I try with my VM on Debian, but the phone don't find the VM with the remote storage. The IP address is correct (192.168.1.XX) but the connection is not established.

Maybe we need a "oneclick tool" to root the phone, I hope that this tool is almost ready :fingers-crossed:

Nono-Skorium

Dec 18, 2012
Dublin (Ireland)
My phone is rooted with success. But I didn't use Easy Way VM. I made a virtual machine with Debian and I followed the main tutorial with Ubuntu. :D

Sent from my XT910 using xda premium