Best way to change volumes?

Search This thread

tu3218

Apr 14, 2009
Only thing I don't like about the X is the way volume control works. Its like one volume for all. I know I can go into settings to adjust a few minor individual different volume settings but that's just inconvenient. Basically like I'm in a game and turn the music, and at the same time it turns my ring tone down. Any app to better manage volume control?

Sent from my XT1060 using xda app-developers app

Only thing I don't like about the X is the way volume control works. Its like one volume for all. I know I can go into settings to adjust a few minor individual different volume settings but that's just inconvenient. Basically like I'm in a game and turn the music, and at the same time it turns my ring tone down. Any app to better manage volume control?

That's weird. If I'm playing a movie or playing a game and adjust volume, it only adjusts the media volume, not my ringtone. Same when its connected to my stereo via Bluetooth, the volume buttons only turn down the Bluetooth.

And the way the volume adjustment is handled is not unique to the Moto X, its how Android handles it on every phone.

With that said, if you have root, you can install Xposed and use GravityBox to add expandable volume controls.

brandonbarlow

Jun 29, 2010
I installed widgetoid and added the volume, flashlight and rotation to my notification bar. Best decision ever.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jim2

u5u7usur.jpg

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

gottcha86

Dec 11, 2010
I have been having the same problem as the OP. Sometimes while using BT and try to turn the volume down it turns everything down(phone volume icon shows on screen) even under settings for the volume there will not be a BT volume.