[Q] Z2 Overheating / Disappointing battery life

Search This thread

edzilla

Jan 14, 2007
I've had the Z2 two days now and I'm afraid my unit has a problem:
Even in normal use it gets really really hot in the back, on the upper left hand side.

Also, the battery life is really not that great, which is disappointing for a phone with such a big battery (it is barely better than my HTC One M7)

I have neither rooted it nor flashed it, everything is pretty much stock (I have disabled a few apps like facebook)

From what I understand, it is not supposed to be that way.

Does anyone have suggestions? I would prefer not doing a factory reset :(

edzilla

Jan 14, 2007
Try to get a replacememt
It seems units made before mid may have commonly had majour heating issues, bugs,lag bad battery etc etc etc

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Mine was made in the 18th week (end of april, beginning of may)
I'm not really keen on sending it back, as it probably means several weeks of delay, with the shop I got it at. :(

Envious_Data

Oct 12, 2012
Imagination
enviousmedia.design
Mine was made in the 18th week (end of april, beginning of may)
I'm not really keen on sending it back, as it probably means several weeks of delay, with the shop I got it at. :(

Well you dont have much choice
Either stick with these unsafe issues or get a replacement

If you get a perfectly good unit back, you wont regrett the wait nor replacememt

You will find that the Z2 has an amazing battery life, the Z2 ive had hand with has lasted from 22hrs to about 49hrs with moderate/heavy usage
Device just got warm, not hot

edzilla

Jan 14, 2007
Well you dont have much choice
Either stick with these unsafe issues or get a replacement

If you get a perfectly good unit back, you wont regrett the wait nor replacememt

You will find that the Z2 has an amazing battery life, the Z2 ive had hand with has lasted from 22hrs to about 49hrs with moderate/heavy usage
Device just got warm, not hot

I'll have to think about it. I was hoping there would be software solutions for those issues (they seem related to me: something is working too hard, causing overheating and increasing battery usage)

vlawrence0324

Sep 15, 2013
Also try doing a factory reset. Mine doesn't get hot and battery lasts very long. Up to 2 days with light to moderate.

edzilla

Jan 14, 2007
At first it was awake all the time, even with screen off, so I guess there really was a bug.
I now have factory reset it, left it overnight without charging it, lost 9%.
Is that a normal number?

I've attached a screenshot of the power management app. Can someone tell me if there's something wrong with it?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-05-24-10-43-18.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-05-24-10-43-18.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 182