[Q] Cyanogenmod installer confirmed working with AT&T GS4 SGH-I337?

Search This thread

iTzz_KAMIKAZE

Mar 28, 2014
Oxford
The question is will my device work with the jflteusc version of the CyanogenMod Installer? I have a AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-I337. I heard of the new CyanogenMod installer and looked at the supported devices. I saw a jflteusc (US Cellular). I don't knoiw if it will work with my AT&T S4. I don't want to **** up my phone. I'm currently on 4.4.2 NB1 stock rooted. The website I am referencing is http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/CyanogenMod_Installer Any help would be great!

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    15.1 KB · Views: 265

jmjoyas

Apr 5, 2013
The question is will my device work with the jflteusc version of the CyanogenMod Installer? I have a AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-I337. I heard of the new CyanogenMod installer and looked at the supported devices. I saw a jflteusc (US Cellular). I don't knoiw if it will work with my AT&T S4. I don't want to **** up my phone. I'm currently on 4.4.2 NB1 stock rooted. The website I am referencing is http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/CyanogenMod_Installer Any help would be great!

Did you use safestrap and deadly venom kitmat magic tool in install 4.4.2 stock rooted? If so, you cannot get CM to work.

jmjoyas

Apr 5, 2013
You have a locked boot loader that prevents from changing the kernel. So, no.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

DaRacerz

Feb 9, 2008
NY
www.newnextgen.com
Has anyone ventured to trying the installer in the unsupported mode? Is there a reasoning behind this and safe to try if I'm already rooted and TWRP? I thought there already was an ATT compatible build.

sway8966

Mar 17, 2012
Odessa
Has anyone ventured to trying the installer in the unsupported mode? Is there a reasoning behind this and safe to try if I'm already rooted and TWRP? I thought there already was an ATT compatible build.
If your bootloader/firmware were MDB or MDL you could try it. Above that there is no exploit for the bootloader out yet so you can not install the CM.

Reactions: DaRacerz

Commodore 64

May 6, 2013
Yes I'm on the same adventure with my sgh-i337. I'm going back and forth between MK2 and NB1 ROMs but cannot get MDL or MDB flashed at all. I got them from samfirmware and Odin fails. I tried kies and it says firmware available is MDL ... Well great, but then it says device not recognized!
I'm really torn between why is it we can get to MDL to flash CM?
Instructions:
http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Install_CM_for_jflteatt

Edit: once updated to MK2 there is no going back. Bootloders are locked and that is the end of the story. No more CM or CWM recovery or Loki ... Just safestrap and custom ROMs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:
Reactions: DaRacerz

DeadlySin9

Sep 2, 2012
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Just as a final reference for all: CM installer is not for the I337.

On MF3 and above, we have no exploit for ROMs and Cyanogenmod is not compatible with our stock kernel.

Even on MDB/MDL it won't work because you need Loki which the installer doesn't take care of AFAIK (if it were to even let you open it).

Sent from my SGH-I337 running GPE

Reactions: jd1639

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If your bootloader/firmware were MDB or MDL you could try it. Above that there is no exploit for the bootloader out yet so you can not install the CM.
    Yes I'm on the same adventure with my sgh-i337. I'm going back and forth between MK2 and NB1 ROMs but cannot get MDL or MDB flashed at all. I got them from samfirmware and Odin fails. I tried kies and it says firmware available is MDL ... Well great, but then it says device not recognized!
    I'm really torn between why is it we can get to MDL to flash CM?
    Instructions:
    http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Install_CM_for_jflteatt

Edit: once updated to MK2 there is no going back. Bootloders are locked and that is the end of the story. No more CM or CWM recovery or Loki ... Just safestrap and custom ROMs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Free mobile app
    Just as a final reference for all: CM installer is not for the I337.

On MF3 and above, we have no exploit for ROMs and Cyanogenmod is not compatible with our stock kernel.

Even on MDB/MDL it won't work because you need Loki which the installer doesn't take care of AFAIK (if it were to even let you open it).

Sent from my SGH-I337 running GPE