VZW Sense 6 OTA 3.09.605.2

Search This thread

miguelmaldonado

Dec 8, 2011
Cochabamba
Just got a Verizon max today, and didn't find lollipop for it so I was thinking to give this a go . . I'm not s-off nor rooted nor any mod has been done to the phone, so I guess I can do it? I'm on sense 5.5, it won't be my primary phone so I just wanna make the user experience a little better, is it ok?

miguelmaldonado

Dec 8, 2011
Cochabamba
May I add that I need some help please . . I actually only got only once into recovery and selected internal storage but it didn't even let me choose the file, rebooted and after that I didn't reach recovery again tho I tried. Also, I remember that OTAs were to be renamed so it's automatically recognized and installed, does that apply here? Is it necessary to install it from an sd card? Thanks a lot for any help in advance !

miguelmaldonado

Dec 8, 2011
Cochabamba
Anyone mind on lending a hand please? I can't get the ota to install, when I choose the sd card (I've also tried doing the thing from internal storage) on recovery, I only get the message "check cid failed" and it reboots by itself. Is there another way to install this ota? Please help me on this one, I've been checking all around xda with no luck. Thanks a lot in advance!

Anyone mind on lending a hand please? I can't get the ota to install, when I choose the sd card (I've also tried doing the thing from internal storage) on recovery, I only get the message "check cid failed" and it reboots by itself. Is there another way to install this ota? Please help me on this one, I've been checking all around xda with no luck. Thanks a lot in advance!

Gotta run it from the Verizon OTA if you're on Verizon. No other way. If you can boot anything else and get Sunshine to run, you can change to SuperCID and then other ROMs may work. Verizon One Max is very picky. Fewer custom ROMs run on it than other variants. I have NuSense running just fine, but first started with stock and did RUU update to latest stock ROM.

Reactions: miguelmaldonado

miguelmaldonado

Dec 8, 2011
Cochabamba
Gotta run it from the Verizon OTA if you're on Verizon. No other way. If you can boot anything else and get Sunshine to run, you can change to SuperCID and then other ROMs may work. Verizon One Max is very picky. Fewer custom ROMs run on it than other variants. I have NuSense running just fine, but first started with stock and did RUU update to latest stock ROM.

i finally did it with other files . . im outside us so i would have never been able to do it the regular way! thanks for answering:) if anyone faces the same issue i did, be sure to pm me!

FWIW, my experience is that because of so little support for the device now, if you can get S-OFF with Sunshine (assuming your device doesn't have the original ROM which weaksauce could crack), you can SuperCID the device which makes for a broader choice of ROMs, etc. One other thing to remember is that so long as you want the fingerprint scanner to function, the bootloader has to be locked, so you have to remember to unlock before flashing and relock afterwards. That doesn't impair TWRP's ability to make nandroids, etc., just flashability.

Flyhalf205

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
Oct 21, 2010
Birmingham, AL
flyhalf205.com
FWIW, my experience is that because of so little support for the device now, if you can get S-OFF with Sunshine (assuming your device doesn't have the original ROM which weaksauce could crack), you can SuperCID the device which makes for a broader choice of ROMs, etc. One other thing to remember is that so long as you want the fingerprint scanner to function, the bootloader has to be locked, so you have to remember to unlock before flashing and relock afterwards. That doesn't impair TWRP's ability to make nandroids, etc., just flashability.

Just wanted to pitch in and say if you are S-OFF there is no reason to SuperCID. Only a International variant and few sprint devices would it do much good. But we need to make sure he has right specs

@mikii100297

Can you plug your phone into your computer and execute this fastboot command? fastboot getvar all Make sure you don't post your imei and meid.

Last edited:
Reactions: miguelmaldonado

miguelmaldonado

Dec 8, 2011
Cochabamba
thanks for the help, i didnt manage to root, and ive no way to pay for sunshine . . someone wanted the phone so i no longer have it . . thought id be able to root at least to be able to move files from internal to external storage . . and i really looked for that, yet i found no other way than sunshine. . id pay if i could. . so thats pretty much the end of my short story with the verizon one max, thanks everyone :)

treetolber

Jun 29, 2008
Las Vegas
OnePlus 11
I've got a quick question. I'm trying to flash the 3.09.605.2 RUU but I get an error with every version I've downloaded. I have successfully flashed updated hboot to 2.49 and the bootloader says that the 3.09.605.2 is the OS. But when I reboot and check the software version it still says 1.11.605.4. And flashing the 3.09 in fastboot only gives me an error. I've tried with the SD card also and it doesn't recognize the file.

Any suggestions?

---------- Post added at 10:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 AM ----------

Never mind. I was able to connect the phone to the HTC Sync Manager and it is installing updates now.

Top Liked Posts