[HELP] Nexus 4 Lollipop 5.1.1 Softbricked

Search This thread

hirothehero

Jun 18, 2016
Hey guys, I need a little help to figure out what's going on with my dad's nexus 4.
When he tried to update to the newest version of Lollipop avaiable, the phone entered in a bootloop.
I tried flashing a factory image manually using this guide, but after it was done, the phone booted and it was still in a bootloop (stuck on the colored circles moving). I tried wiping data/factory reset afterwards and the phone remained in a bootloop state.
I also tried using the nexus root toolkit by WugFresh using the option "Flash Stock/Unroot" with the Soft brick/bootloop box checked, but it also didn't solve the problem.
There were no error messages when flashing, and I waited for 30 ~ 45 minutes after each flashing attempt to make sure that the phone was in fact in a bootloop.
I don't know what to do anymore... Can it be a hardware problem?

audit13

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
Did you manually flash the userdata.img file? If not, flash the file and, immediately after flashing the file in fastboot, go into stock recovery, perform a factory wipe, and reboot.

Reactions: hirothehero

audit13

Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
Hmm, usually flashing the userdata file and wiping via stock recovery works. Have you tried different factory images?

audit13

Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
You can try updating via ota updates to kk and LP but, if it gets stuck again on kk, I think the emmc chip is a problem.

audit13

Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
You're welcome. We're all here to help each other out.

Hopefully, you'll be able to upgrade to kk or LP.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Did you manually flash the userdata.img file? If not, flash the file and, immediately after flashing the file in fastboot, go into stock recovery, perform a factory wipe, and reboot.
    Did you flash the userdata.img file?
    Hmm, usually flashing the userdata file and wiping via stock recovery works. Have you tried different factory images?
    Try 4.1.1? If it works, it is possible that the emmc chip is damaged.
    Okay. Good luck.