firmware.mobi

Search This thread

Chainfire

Moderator Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer
Oct 2, 2007
www.chainfire.eu
This is the discussion thread for firmware.mobi.

This site replaces my old central CF-Auto-Root repository, and aside from letting you create and download CFARs, also lets you download stock boot and recovery images for many firmwares and view all sorts of information about them.

Initial publication post: https://plus.google.com/+Chainfire/posts/YzfaWH1KDG8

Last edited:

SanketMohapatra

May 29, 2016
Bhubaneswar
Sir
If you want a great repository on the stock firmware of the various brands then you may refer to needrom.com which I think is according to me as a great repository of the stock firmwares and the boot images can be extracted from their.

Reactions: britin78 and hpc305

wahablepirate

Mar 17, 2011
i don't know what to say

i don't know what to say , things we can do is to donate chainfire i will send my contribution because you take a huge times to help us and we want to thank you by not saying "only thanks" but donate "money".one more times thank you

thatsupnow

Jan 31, 2011
Vernon
Google Pixel 3a XL
Google Pixel 5
This is awesome!! Thanks for the hard work it's just amazing. I've been checking it out and I'm getting a hot linking disabled error. And clicking on the following link does nothing. Am I doing something wrong?? Trying to configure a c.f. root package for my sm-g950w. Any ideas guys??

Attachments

• 20170920_003432.jpg
    20170920_003432.jpg
    222.4 KB · Views: 4,790

Chainfire

Oct 2, 2007
www.chainfire.eu
This is awesome!! Thanks for the hard work it's just amazing. I've been checking it out and I'm getting a hot linking disabled error. And clicking on the following link does nothing. Am I doing something wrong?? Trying to configure a c.f. root package for my sm-g950w. Any ideas guys??

Try using Chrome or Firefox. Seems to be an issue with IE/Edge. I'll check this out later.

HACK3DANDR0ID

May 25, 2017
New Jersey
This is the discussion thread for firmware.mobi.

This site replaces my old central CF-Auto-Root repository, and aside from letting you create and download CFARs, also lets you download stock boot and recovery images for many firmwares and view all sorts of information about them.

Initial publication post: https://plus.google.com/+Chainfire/posts/YzfaWH1KDG8

I have attempted time and time again, even with your new site, but i cant get CF Auto Root to work on my Samsung Galaxy J3 (2017) SM-J327T and my Galaxy J7 (2017) SM-J727T. They are both coming back with SECURE CHECK FAIL (RECOVERY). Others Methods i have tried failed for SECURE CHECK FAIL (Cache) which i was told meant Locked Bootloader. That being the case, why is Recovery failing on your root method.

If it is a Locked Bootloader on both devices, if there a way around this?

Thank you in advance!

Reactions: Akky1040

ashyx

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2012
I have attempted time and time again, even with your new site, but i cant get CF Auto Root to work on my Samsung Galaxy J3 (2017) SM-J327T and my Galaxy J7 (2017) SM-J727T. They are both coming back with SECURE CHECK FAIL (RECOVERY). Others Methods i have tried failed for SECURE CHECK FAIL (Cache) which i was told meant Locked Bootloader. That being the case, why is Recovery failing on your root method.

If it is a Locked Bootloader on both devices, if there a way around this?

Thank you in advance!
This has already been explained to death. Chainfire even reiterates it on the new website.

Binaries, that includes recovery and boot images, that are not signed by Samsung CANNOT be flashed on a bootloader locked device, period.
No matter what the method.

Firmware.mobi doesn't add some new magic that can bypass bootloaders. It's simply an automated process.
It still stands that if your device has a locked bootloader it simply will not work.

inamie

Aug 16, 2012
KLang
Wow... Thanks for the hardwork.
Trying to generate for A9pro A910F 7.0 but failed. The only setting that i know for qualcom is to set cache image as ext4 type. After flash with odin internal storage corrupted. Need help for actual setting regarding the encryption.

VanGolfer

Oct 24, 2013
@ Chainfire: Hi Sir: thanks for your great efforts to help the android community, really appreciated! i have generated cfar_google_pixel-xl_marlin_opr1.170623.026_t1.zip for Pixel XL. I want to root, can I just flash this zip file, or do I still need to flash the SuperSu as well? Could you please outline the steps? What's the best use of CF-Auto-Root zip file from firmware.mobi? Thank you!

eyeoflucifer

Apr 29, 2011
Hi, ive been trying to upload zips of the Nvidia Shield, OnePlus 3 etc, however it keeps giving an error and I am not able to upload it.

The error is

Secure Connection Failed
The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

This happens in Edge, Chrome, Opera, and Firefox.

rkchandra041

Dec 26, 2016
Hajipur
Uploaded Files and waiting for status

Hii sir!
I have uploaded Stock images of Boot,Recovery & Cache of my device which is Lenovo Vibe K5 Note.How can i know the status of my files being processed? Please reply.

Chainfire

Oct 2, 2007
www.chainfire.eu
@ Chainfire: Hi Sir: thanks for your great efforts to help the android community, really appreciated! i have generated cfar_google_pixel-xl_marlin_opr1.170623.026_t1.zip for Pixel XL. I want to root, can I just flash this zip file, or do I still need to flash the SuperSu as well? Could you please outline the steps? What's the best use of CF-Auto-Root zip file from firmware.mobi? Thank you!

Extract the ZIP, instructions inside...

It does install SuperSU.

Though you say 'flash this zip', which implies you have TWRP, in which case you can just flash the SuperSU ZIP and don't need CF-Auto-Root.

Hi, ive been trying to upload zips of the Nvidia Shield, OnePlus 3 etc, however it keeps giving an error and I am not able to upload it.

The error is

Secure Connection Failed
The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

This happens in Edge, Chrome, Opera, and Firefox.

How big are the firmwares?

Can you put one of them on drive and link it to me so I can test if it has something to do with the firmware images itself?

Hii sir!
I have uploaded Stock images of Boot,Recovery & Cache of my device which is Lenovo Vibe K5 Note.How can i know the status of my files being processed? Please reply.

It normally redirects to a queue page after the upload which shows you the status... what happeend? did it just redirect to the same page again?

Top Liked Posts