[MOD] Hear your stock unlock/lock sounds! added Nokia X

Search This thread

hacker00740

Dec 26, 2011
Bump! I'm just wondering if anyone can raise the volume of the files in this flashable zip any higher (as in double or triple the current volume). Many thanks in advance.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

Yeah, the bloop could get cheesy, but the central problem is in volume level. Why there is such a problem getting the lock/unlock sound levels in the One to be equivalent in loudness to the lock/unlock sounds of an iPad or iPhone is weird. Right now, the lock/unlock volume of the lightsaber is the only one on this thread that's loud enough to hear in a non-silent environment. The others are still quite faint and do not compare to other phones.

If we can solve the loudness issue, having options for different sounds would be much more relevant.

Reactions: floodingaugust

vegetaleb

Yeah, the bloop could get cheesy, but the central problem is in volume level. Why there is such a problem getting the lock/unlock sound levels in the One to be equivalent in loudness to the lock/unlock sounds of an iPad or iPhone is weird. Right now, the lock/unlock volume of the lightsaber is the only one on this thread that's loud enough to hear in a non-silent environment. The others are still quite faint and do not compare to other phones.

If we can solve the loudness issue, having options for different sounds would be much more relevant.

Probably HTC techs missed that point,it's pointless to implement unlock/lock sounds if they are below hearing volume

jonata

Jul 14, 2007
Casette d'Ete
try in ARHD 30.0 and no works ....
only me ?

---------- Post added at 12:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 PM ----------

only me ?

nuts77

Dec 15, 2011
only me ?

---------- Post added at 12:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 PM ----------

only me ?

Try extracting the files and paste them in the system/media/audio/ui folder with a root explorer. Basically it should work on any ROM/base.

Last edited:

floodingaugust

Oct 19, 2012
Too low.. The sound is too low please update it and make them louder

Sent from my LT28h using xda app-developers app

Have you tried this file as well?

Ok I boosted the lock sound and reworked its treble as it was still too quiet even with +8db!!
You should hear it now even in busy streets and malls ;)
boostedlock.zip contains both files,DON'T flash it just follow the tutorial in OP

Seems loud enough to me , just curious

Edit** file is in quoted post

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello!
    The stock unlock and lock stock sounds in the One are too quiet,only supersonic equipped machines could detect them!!
    So I took them off,normalized(volume) them using a pro sound editor and voila!
    Now you can finally hear the sounds when unlocking or locking the screen.
    UNZIP the file,it's not a flashable zip
    You can rather use a file browser for root like Root Explorer:
    -Place the 2 ogg files in your SD card
    -Copy
    -Paste into system/media/audio/ui
    -Restart!!
    -Don't forget to enable the lock sound in system settings :)

Or Push via ADB from your computer:
    -adb remount
    -adb push unlock.ogg system/media/audio/ui
    -adb push lock.ogg system/media/audio/ui
    -adb reboot

Lock.zip = Normalized volume
    stocks.zip = Louder than normalised
    OneX.zip = Normalized stock sounds from OneX
    NEW NOKIA X unlock/lock sounds = Nokiax.zip
    I had created the zip for my so old thread now :p

Here u go flashable (300% of low/normal volume) -> http://vps.rana.sg/x920d/Virt-Delicious-Sense5-MODs/HighVolume_Sense5_Lock_Unlock_Sound.zip
    Hello!
    The stock unlock and lock stock sounds in the One are too quiet,only supersonic equipped machines could detect them!!
    So I took them off,normalized(volume) them using a pro sound editor and voila!
    Now you can finally hear the sounds when unlocking or locking the screen.
    Lock.zip = Normalized volume
    stocks.zip = Louder than normalised
    OneX.zip = Normalized stock sounds from OneX

@vegetaleb I hope you will not mind? ;)
    Here files from the first post for flashing from Recovery. You must choose one of them.
    Or you prefer the S4 ''bloop'' sound? (It's nice but could be cheesy after a while)

I like the htcOne sound. But if you could make it louder(est) and post it here or in the op along with the others.
    :)
    Hi dev it's working great the lock and unlock sound is now audible

Two request if possible

1. Make the lock and unlock sound more loud, around 450-500% total load from current 300% loud.
    2. Since you know how to make sounds louder maybe you can make the total sound coming out of the external boom speakers louder. HTC had it loud on 1.27 base but then after that all the other new Roms the sound has become a lot quieter. Maybe you can look it and see or change the Audi library settings for the external boom speakers and have them amplify the sound louder than what current level does.

A single file being loud and overall sound from the phone are not at all related :)

Sent from my HTC One using xda premium

---------- Post added at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 PM ----------

Awesome!

So does this men were going to see some different ones?

Variety is always welcome ;)

Well I have one more.. These are from the butterfly.. Pretty good clicks

http://vps.rana.sg/x920d/Virt-Delicious-Sense5-MODs/Butterfly_Lock_Unlock_Sound.zip

Sent from my HTC One using xda premium