Was this thread helpful?

• Total voters
Search This thread

Stryke_the_Orc

Retired Senior Moderator
Oct 14, 2010
Maras Dantia
Samsung Galaxy Note 20
Unfortunately I've tried to install apk of Google+, but I get message "App not installed" :( And another thing is that if Im 'not using Market Helper (so I'm HTC Sensation on Play Store) I have an message in Play Store on Google+ app page "This app is incompatible with your device."

What to do? Where is error? In GApps, ROM or searching somwhere else?

P.S. Am I only one with this kind of error?

Are you rooted?
Do you have the apk?
Are you pushing or just installing?

Slithering from the nether regions of a twisted mind and tarnished soul

Reactions: k1borg

k1borg

Jun 23, 2013
Ok use an app like root explorer and copy/paste it to system app, set permissions to rw-r--r-- and reboot your device. It should work;):beer:

How much time it will take to reboot after such operation? I'm now booting already 11 min...

---------- Post added at 11:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 PM ----------

How much time it will take to reboot after such operation? I'm now booting already 11 min...

I wiped cache, dalvik cache and re-flashed rom. Now it boot up normally. :)

I have some time ago and now an pop-up error "Unfortunately google text-to-speech has stopped" and now I also have it after boot-up in first configuration steps after "Android update" operation.

May be something wrong with GApps? I've installed the latest for 4.2.2

Stryke_the_Orc

Retired Senior Moderator
Oct 14, 2010
Maras Dantia
Samsung Galaxy Note 20

---------- Post added at 11:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 PM ----------

I wiped cache, dalvik cache and re-flashed rom. Now it boot up normally. :)

I have some time ago and now an pop-up error "Unfortunately google text-to-speech has stopped" and now I also have it after boot-up in first configuration steps after "Android update" operation.

May be something wrong with GApps? I've installed the latest for 4.2.2

An aosp build, I'd try getting the gapps from another repository

Slithering from the nether regions of a twisted mind and tarnished soul

Reactions: k1borg

thedirtchamber

Mar 23, 2011
Bucharest
www.youtube.com
Hi guys. I have a question about a weird tablet, GoClever R104. It has 2 mini-usb ports and one of them is used by an external keyboard. It also has a mini-usb to USB adapter, so I can plug-in thumb-drives and other stuff. The problem is that the two usb ports don't work both at the same time. For example, if the keyboard is connected and I add a 3G dongle into the other port, the keyboard stops working. Is this a power issue? And, if so, can I do something about it? Thanks. :)

djfreakazoidx

Jan 3, 2013
Indianapolis
Information gathering to root HTC One to put Cyangenmod on it.

I'm trying to navigate my way through the forums to find out what all is need to put a cyanogenmod on my stock Sprint HTC One. I've already obtained the most current Cyanogenmod and and gapps. What I'm not sure about is the rooting process. Can someone guide me in the right direction to rooting my first phone?

samkent6

Dec 30, 2012
I'm trying to navigate my way through the forums to find out what all is need to put a cyanogenmod on my stock Sprint HTC One. I've already obtained the most current Cyanogenmod and and gapps. What I'm not sure about is the rooting process. Can someone guide me in the right direction to rooting my first phone?

Look on youtube buddy, there are lots of tutorials akbout how to root each different phone, as different brands mean different rooting processes. Apparently htcs are the easiest to root although my s3 was suoer easy to me and that was my first time rooting by myself :p

Sent from my GT-P5110 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: djfreakazoidx

kapilchandra

Jun 24, 2013
S3 Boot loop and unable to restore backup or copy it to computer

Hi my S3 gt i9300 has started the infinite booting loop i went into cwm based recovery and made a backup of it i want that data im now using a xxellc i dont want to wipe the data before copying that file i downloaded the sdk but im not sure how to use the adb when i tried
1)
D:\android sdk\adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20130522\sdk\platform-tools>
/mnt/shell/emulated/clockworkmod” “C:\NANDROIDBAK”
remote object ‘ô/mnt/shell/emulated/clockworkmodö’ does not exist

2)
D:\android sdk\adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20130522\sdk\platform-tools>adb logcat
/sbin/sh: exec: line 1: logcat: not found

i m not having much success i have some contacts images and content ,many files which i need i can see the backup in the cwm backup and restore before i think of going ahead to flash another rom i need to get this sorted please help me

anup.pawar

Jun 21, 2013
Plz Help me sir.........

Sir,I have an ALCATEL OT-918N android platform smartphone.Few days ago i have successfully rooted my phone using SP_FLASH_TOOL.
I was enjoying my rooted phone.But accidently one day i selected RESTORE FACTORY SETTINGS in phone settings.After that,my phone
never get switched on.it only shows LED blinking when i connect charger.I gave my phone to local service center but they are saying the
PCB kit has to be change.Is this may a problem of PCB kit? Kindly guide me....My phone also not detected while connecting to PC.

kate03

Jun 24, 2013
Question about Link2SD on CM 4.2.2 Galaxy Ace S5830

Hi there :)

I tried to post a question in the Scripts section but was told it was for developers only and also that I must have 10 posts.:eek:

My question is about Link2SD.

Firstly, if I uninstall Link2SD and clear out my Ext4 partition of all scripts, will the links that I created already via Link2SD still be the same? I.e. they won't have reverted back to the internal memory?

I want to use CronMod Ext4 script to try it out. I've already did a full backup of my system via CWM and also Titanium, therefore I hope not to have to do a full wipe of my system and it will work. Can anyone advise if it's worth trying this or just to stick with Link2SD? Thanks.

gamer.11

Dec 11, 2012
Ernakulam
Battery Issue(again)

Help guys I'm sure this question has been asked a million times but of all the answers none of them worked for me.

My phone dies when the battery reaches 10%(and on plugging in the charger it suddenly becomes 10% again) obviously the percentage shown is wrong! Is there any way to make it correct? I've tried a lot of battery calibrations apps and now I've known they are just placebo and did not do anything positive. Could anyone give me detailed instructions so that my phone correctly displays the battery % again?

PenguinxEnjoi

Dec 22, 2012
Carbondale
Ok, i changed my Sdk version from ten to sixteen (jellybean) and release version from 2.3.5 to 4.1.1

Now every app i try to use force closes except for all the stock apps, and a few others. I cant open Rom Toolbox, which is what I used to edit my build.prop in the first place. I can use Es file explorer without it force closing, but I can't edit the build.prop (or any text file) without it force closing. I don't think a factory reset will help, and I do not have a custom recovery. Can someone help me fix this. (the play store won't open either)

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

dddmart9

Jun 24, 2013
Dani

hi
i have android tv stick kernel version 3.0.36+ and i am trying to load a module that i downloaded from

world wide web (dot) mediafire (dot) com
download/5ae5eqb7gv8banc/
uinput-allwinner-3.0.36%2B.tar"

and i am using this method

su
mount -o remount,rw /system
/system/lib/modules --- was already there
cp /sdcard/uinput.ko /system/lib/modules
chmod 644 /system/lib/modules/uinput.ko
mount -o remount,ro /system
insmod /system/lib/modules/uinput.ko

insmod: init module '/system/lib/modules/uinput.ko' failed (Exec format error)

how to resolve this issue??

Help guys I'm sure this question has been asked a million times but of all the answers none of them worked for me.

My phone dies when the battery reaches 10%(and on plugging in the charger it suddenly becomes 10% again) obviously the percentage shown is wrong! Is there any way to make it correct? I've tried a lot of battery calibrations apps and now I've known they are just placebo and did not do anything positive. Could anyone give me detailed instructions so that my phone correctly displays the battery % again?

"Battery calibration" works well for me, and is free. This works best if you run the battery down completely, then recharge to 100%, then calibrate.

Last edited:

Tommysonic5

Jun 25, 2013
hi,
i want to use a mod that's for android 4.0+ (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2290281) but i have a nexus one with 2.3.6. is it possible for me to flash something like
[ROM] [4.2.2] [April 07 2013] VJ CM10.1 | Jelly Bean 4.2.2 - v6.0 for N1
(located at http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2096747)
to make my phone version 4.2.2 and THEN install the mod?
and then there's the matter of whatever "HBOOT: 250MB system" means.. as far as i know, the default internal storage of my phone is about 200mb. would this be a problem?

thanks so much to anyone who decides to help. i promise i tried searching the forums but i had trouble with using the correct keywords.

Last edited:

iamareebjamal

Aug 7, 2012
Batcave
www.facebook.com
hi,
i want to use a mod that's for android 4.0+ (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2290281) but i have a nexus one with 2.3.6. is it possible for me to flash something like
[ROM] [4.2.2] [April 07 2013] VJ CM10.1 | Jelly Bean 4.2.2 - v6.0 for N1
(located at http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2096747)
to make my phone version 4.2.2 and THEN install the mod?
and then there's the matter of whatever "HBOOT: 250MB system" means.. as far as i know, the default internal storage of my phone is about 200mb. would this be a problem?

thanks so much to anyone who decides to help. i promise i tried searching the forums but i had trouble with using the correct keywords.

Yes, it should work :good:

Reactions: Tommysonic5

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    would it be good idea to get poco x5? i just want to try different custom roms.

i only found these roms.
    1. crdroid
    2. projectelixiros
    3. evolution-x
    will other roms be available in the future like pixelexperience , pixelos, lineageOs and others?
    Thanks.
    none of us have a crystal Ball. You may also have better luck on the thread below.
    hello, hope this is where i need to be and i thank you in advance for any help i receive because i am so confused and don't know where to start. so in dec 2021 i bought my f9212b vertical android head unit off of ebay and my boyfriend installed it for me. everything is working but its super slow and if what im reading is correct it hasn't had an update since i put it in. so that's pretty much where im at. i don't know where or how to update firmware or software or if i have to. i have my google account signed into the unit but the auto android update is enabled but im not totally sure that its current either\. its super slow. just a head start on my next question after i figure the software firmware stuff out... not a clue what the protocol name for my canbus is. its a 2016 Hyundai elantra, haven't been able to use this thing to the best of its abilities and i would like to figure it out after all this time.
    Since 2016 to our days, Android versions changed the play rules a lot, when this units were launched, considering that they usually came with an outdated version (1 or 2 back), out of the box, and they expected to, hopefully, just one Android update, so for our days they may run really slow...

While you wait for a better answer here, from a more experienced user, you would redirect to the Head Units Forum, you may find alternative answers for your issue there.
    Hi, I am trying to root an Infinix x650 I have unlocked OEM and flashing but can't find a reliable recovery file. Can you help me find it. Also I've come across terms like "flashing recovery", "flashing boot image", "flashing kernel", "flashing twrp". Can you explain the difference
    I came across this guide which details how to root and flash on your device. As I don't have your device there, make sure you read everything carefully (which you should always do, anyway) and backup everything etc. before you start.

Twrp is a custom version of a recovery so you can put those 2 in the same pile. With that, you'll be able to flash things like ROMs, as in the guide above. Other than that, you'll basically have no reason to flash the others and definitely not if you don't know what you're doing with them. You should only flash and modify what you understand in the first place so just do research and read, read, read before doing anything

would it be good idea to get poco x5? i just want to try different custom roms.

i only found these roms.
    1. crdroid
    2. projectelixiros
    3. evolution-x
    will other roms be available in the future like pixelexperience , pixelos, lineageOs and others?
    Thanks.
    If you only want to try different custom ROMs then don't get any modern phone. The android modding world has changed a hell of a lot in recent years and most devices don't have many custom ROMs available.
    Look in the device forums for the most popular phones in the last couple years and you'll see what I mean.
    For the most part, rooting and installing different modules with Magisk is what most people do now as it's much more straight forward than flashing a ROM and won't have as much bloat as you can pick and choose what customisation you would like, via different modules
    You didn´t mention the model, and what you did previously, to cause this happen.
    My guess is that he was trying to do the magisk root
    hi, are there any custom roms for the Samsung Galaxy Core Prime (G361F) in particular, thanks in advance.
    Hello guys..:)
    I would like you to go through XDA new users guide and you must read the FORUM RULES before posting here or anywhere else on xda.

The rate at which the new users are joining xda on daily basis is very high. A lot of users join because they have got some problems with their devices like bricked phone, bootloops etc. because of following incorrect processes. Some join to help out others, to share their knowledge and gain more.

So basically this thread is for all of those who want to ask questions and answer those.

So those who want to help here, just try to answer without flaming, let it be answered thousands of times earlier, show them the path, direction and let them do things on their own. Do not spoon feed, rather just try to point them to right direction.

This whole idea is of @undercover and the former OP Bruce Wayne and I thank him.

To The people asking questions here, don't forget to check for the links from 2nd post. That will help you increase your knowledge, and do answer the questions asked by others if you know the answer. Please don't simply say thanks if some member helps you, instead use the thanks button, that will help us keep this thread less cluttered.
    [Ask Any Question] [Help Thread] NOOB FRIENDLY

Here are the names of some of my friends helping you on the thread.(Updated often)
    @iamareebjamal
    @Zatta
    @dagger (the original OP of this thread)
    @Stryke_the_Orc
    @prototype-U
    @EatHeat
    @nlygamz
    @plegdroid
    @Gogeta
    @malybru
    @Jimlarck
    @ADDICT.ANK
    @Primokorn
    @luqman98
    @hnkotnis
    @thenookieforlife3
    @ИΘΘK¡€
    @Sam Nakamura
    @xunholyx

@SubwayChamp

@ktmom

@Ibuprophen

Please do let me know if I have missed some names..:)

For a list of guides,refer here.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2073370
    Thanks to @Hpsgill

Atlast

Please dont spam the thread..​
    Hi mate!
    Nice to see a much needed thread like this here.. hope new members as well as old ones find this thread useful! :thumbup:

"To err is human, to forgive is divine"
    Sent from my SGS II