GT-i8260 Pit-file

Search This thread

pamenja

Nov 4, 2010
Hi all,

In Odin i checked 'Nand Erase all', resulting in losing all partition table information.

I have tried to extract a PIT-file from another GT-i8260 using this adb command:
Code:
su
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0 of=/sdcard/out.pit bs=8 count=580 skip=2176

However, the extracted PIT-file can not be analysed using Pit Magic, whereas a downloaded pit-file of model i8260L could be analysed.

I think I only need a working PIT-file to get back on track.

Can somebody help me fix this phone again?

Thanks, Paul

@pamenja
hello .
i've no pit for I8260 but one for I8262 and pit partition is in : mmcblk18

GUW7Rp8.png

so you can try :
su
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk18 of=/sdcard/out.pit bs=8 count=580 skip=2176

file size is 3,88 ko

regards

Reactions: pamenja

pamenja

Nov 4, 2010
you can try :
su

Hi yakapa40,

I tried this to no avail. Then in went to \dev\block\ and found mmcblck0p18. Tried that. Still Pit Magic could not analyze the file.

in \dev\block\ I found mmcblk0p1 to mmcblck0p24. So I tried each:

Code:
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p[B]18[/B] of=/sdcard/out[B]18[/B].pit bs=8 count=580 skip=2176

No luck. Any ideas?

pamenja

Nov 4, 2010
if you have a file size 5ko or less post it and i'll try to extract it with my tools

the one from mmcblck0p18 is 5 ko. But in Notepad++ it only shows many NULs.

I would like to attach this file, however I cannot find a button 'insert file/attachment' or any such thing.
So how to post it?

I shared it through Google Drive

.....another thing: I can open ARUBA_SLIMSS_LTN_0125.pit in Notepad++ and I find hidden.img.ext4 and other partitions.
However, in none of the extractions I did could I find ext4.

Last edited:

pamenja

Nov 4, 2010
I think I have found it.

I tried this:
su
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p19 of=/sdcard/out19.pit

this resulted in a file which I could analyze with Pit Magic :)

I am trying it now. But updated my google drive.
I will give some feedback tomorrow.

pamenja

Nov 4, 2010
yes it's the right file :
my errors : pit size is 242496 - 241472 = 1096 blocks = 512 Ko
mmcblk0p1 = idx0 so /mmcblk0p19 = idx18

i can open the file and it's the same as GT-I8262 but not same signature at the end

Thank you for your help!

Is having a different signature a problem?

I ask this because in Odin the GT-I8260.pit hangs, but the ARUBA_SLIMSS_LTN_0125.pit continues.

Only after ARUBA_SLIMSS_LTN_0125.pit Odin says it was a success. But on reboot the phone says that I have to get a firmware through Kies. But Kies says I can't (not official software).

pamenja

Nov 4, 2010
Another try. The file size of GT-I8260.pit (512 kb) was about ten times bigger than that of the ARUBA_SLIMSS_LTN_0125.pit (4kb)
So I opened GT-I8260.pit in Pit Magic, and saved it as GT-I8260b.pit, which resulted in a file with size 4kb.

Odin does not hang with B]GT-I8260b.pit[/B].

However on boot the phone shows:
"Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery in Kies and try again"

This was with the unpacked I8260XXAPA1_I8260PHNAPA2_PHN.zip from SamMobile.
See https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/galaxy-core/GT-I8260/PHN/

So I tried the earlier version: I8260XXAMG2_I8260PHNAMG1_PHN.zip, with success!!

So, I updated my google drive, will keep the PIT-file there for some time maybe you can add it to the pit-files om sammobile?

Thank you so much for your help!!

(now I can try to setup this phone as a baby monitor :))

@pamenja .
pit files are written in hexadzcimal so you can use an hex éditor to remove all zerro bits at the end and not the signature .
with pit magic you have also remove signature ( GT-I8260b.pit ) and since galaxy S3 you need it for flashing with ODIN
for more informations about pit files : https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s6/general/g920f-pit-file-banded-firmwares-t3118459
in post post 29 you can see how to decode it
so your pit file with signature and without zéroo bytes at the end is here : https://drive.google.com/file/d/13-VNCGO0Iq8idM965f24L-c_Kv8NKD7g/view?usp=sharing

best regards

Last edited:

pamenja

Nov 4, 2010
[SOLVED] GT-i8260 Pit-file

@yakapa40 .

Thank you for point this out. I have learned a lot these couple of day. And will look at the mentioned post about pit files a bit more :)

As per your instructions, I have used a hexEditor to delete all zero-bytes at the end of my extracted pit file. And after that compared it to the one you provided, to which you added a signature. I am happy to report that your pit-file and mine were exactly the same :)

On the note, I wish you (and all other readers) a happy 2019!

Thanks again for your help!!
This post can be closed as far as I am concerned :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @pamenja
    hello .
    i've no pit for I8260 but one for I8262 and pit partition is in : mmcblk18

GUW7Rp8.png

so you can try :
    su

file size is 3,88 ko

regards