[PROJECT] [PORT] HTC Sense UI 3.0 [ WORK IN PROGRESS ]

Would you like to see th HTC Sense UI on Galaxy S II ?

• Hell Yeh, been waiting for it.

Votes: 1,502 88.4%
  • No, I will pass.

Votes: 197 11.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

tids2k

Apr 21, 2009
Sydney
Google Pixel 6 Pro
  • THIS IS A DEVELOPER ONLY THREAD SO ONLY DEVELOPER POSTS WILL BE ALLOWED.

[*]NO THANK YOU, SOCIAL TALKS AND WHEN WILL IT BE AVAILABLE POSTS ALLOWED.
  • IF THERE WILL BE ANY DEVELOPMENT IT WILL BE POSTED HERE.
  • FOR EVERYONE ELSE ONLY WORKING PART IS THE POLL ON THE TOP.

Hello everyone,

I am starting this thread for the development and discussion on porting htc sense on our galaxy s ii devices. I have had discussions with some of the developers from the galaxy s forums, who have agreed to help on creating a port for our devices. The original galaxy s thread can be found here : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1044637 since i am going to be the only beta tester right now, anyone who is keen to be a beta tester please pm me and i would reply back to you. This is just a starting point of the port so do not expect any developments for weeks or maybe months.

The thread has been made specially for the development/porting of the htc sense ui on our devices. So please be advised that there should be no posts regarding non development and if you are new here, do not bother to post anything.

DEVELOPERS

The thread was made for the porting and development of htc sense 3.0 on our devices, i would like to request all the developers to lend a hand where ever possible so that we can make the project into a reality. Please come forward and help in any way possible into this project. Currently, kenia1234 has agreed on heading a startup for this project and will also be looking into the details when ever he can. I hope to see everyone working along and helping in getting desired results. Anyone with coding skills can join this project and since it will be a collaboration among the developers. It will soon become a donation thread, and everything will be shared equally among everyone. I am going to send invites and requests to all the chefs and coders on SGS II forum tomrrow, hopefully some will follow and update the thread.

BETA USERS

Since this project cannot be achieved unless there are users who are actually helping in the development by sending in the bug reports and information on whats working and whats not, anyone who is willing to give this a whirl can send a pm to me and i will send you the information about the project and how to become a beta user. NO MORE BETA USER REQUEST PLEASE !!!

IRC CHANNEL

An official channel for this port has been made available on the IRC and if anyone wants to join or help with the port is free to come and join. You can join us at #GalaxySense and we are located on chat.freenode.net

PROGRESS

Once we have a working Sense UI on the devices, alpha beta and then RC builds will be released. Depending on the time frame it will be hard to say when the progress will start and when we will start looking at the complete picture. So please be pateint and wait for the post to be updated. I hope to see the port completed in two months time. It may take a bit more, but once we have a working port it will be released to the beta users and then the general public ( xda members) :D .

Last edited:

tids2k

Apr 21, 2009
Sydney
Google Pixel 6 Pro
INSTALLATION GUIDE.

***** IMPORTANT *******

Make sure to do a complete backup of your rom as well as of your /efs as this is going to be a beta testing, so you are at risk. Do not complain if your phone does not restart I have not done anything to your phone, You volunteered for it. Though we might be able to get the phone back from the dead. Also make sure you save all your data, before flashing this rom as it will wipe everything. :D

• Copy the file to the Internal SD Card in your phone.
  • Reboot your phone to CWM recovery mode.
  • Select wipe cache/factory reset'
    [*]Select wipe cache partiton.
  • Then go to mounts and storage
  • Unmount /system-> Format /system -> Mount /system
  • Unmount /cache-> Format /cache-> Mount /cache
  • Finally go back and Select Install zip from sdcard.
  • FLASH IT !!

Last edited:

tids2k

Apr 21, 2009
Sydney
Google Pixel 6 Pro
  • this is a developer only thread so only developer posts will be allowed.

[*]no thank you, social talks and when will it be available posts allowed.
  • if there will be any development it will be posted here.
  • for everyone else only working part is the poll on the top.

Reactions: beston94 and hskeik

tids2k

Apr 21, 2009
Sydney
Google Pixel 6 Pro
ok, i really want sense 3 on my galaxy s ii.
But... This project will be a reality?
I say... Galaxysense is discontinued :s

• this is a developer only thread so only developer posts will be allowed.

[*]no thank you, social talks and when will it be available posts allowed.
  • if there will be any development it will be posted here.
  • for everyone else only working part is the poll on the top.

Reactions: BoneMo

pan24

Aug 10, 2011
patras
i want to participate in beta(i have also sent you pm)but i want to ask if this project can be reality.im waiting for pm

tids2k

Apr 21, 2009
Sydney
Google Pixel 6 Pro
First link is up, beta users get ready. Link will be posted to everyone of you in an hours time. Keep a check on thr first - fourth on instructions on how to install it. Cheers.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Premium App

pulser_g2

Admin Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 27, 2009
Hmmmm... It's an interesting idea. Not sure if I'd go for it full-time, but I'm willing to look at it for the fun perhaps with DesignGears some time :)

Have we got anything booting as of yet (I can't start flashing stuff that's not booting right now but I can work from logcats and testers in IRC)

tids2k

Apr 21, 2009
Sydney
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Hmmmm... It's an interesting idea. Not sure if I'd go for it full-time, but I'm willing to look at it for the fun perhaps with DesignGears some time :)

Have we got anything booting as of yet (I can't start flashing stuff that's not booting right now but I can work from logcats and testers in IRC)

Thanks a lot for your support on this bro, please check your PM in ten minutes. Im currently in the train :D returning home. Sources will be up soon .

tids2k

Apr 21, 2009
Sydney
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Thanks a lot for your support on this bro, please check your PM in ten minutes. Im currently in the train :D returning home. Sources will be up soon .

Please check your PM. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    • THIS IS A DEVELOPER ONLY THREAD SO ONLY DEVELOPER POSTS WILL BE ALLOWED.

[*]NO THANK YOU, SOCIAL TALKS AND WHEN WILL IT BE AVAILABLE POSTS ALLOWED.
    • IF THERE WILL BE ANY DEVELOPMENT IT WILL BE POSTED HERE.
    • FOR EVERYONE ELSE ONLY WORKING PART IS THE POLL ON THE TOP.

Hello everyone,

I am starting this thread for the development and discussion on porting htc sense on our galaxy s ii devices. I have had discussions with some of the developers from the galaxy s forums, who have agreed to help on creating a port for our devices. The original galaxy s thread can be found here : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1044637 since i am going to be the only beta tester right now, anyone who is keen to be a beta tester please pm me and i would reply back to you. This is just a starting point of the port so do not expect any developments for weeks or maybe months.

The thread has been made specially for the development/porting of the htc sense ui on our devices. So please be advised that there should be no posts regarding non development and if you are new here, do not bother to post anything.

DEVELOPERS

The thread was made for the porting and development of htc sense 3.0 on our devices, i would like to request all the developers to lend a hand where ever possible so that we can make the project into a reality. Please come forward and help in any way possible into this project. Currently, kenia1234 has agreed on heading a startup for this project and will also be looking into the details when ever he can. I hope to see everyone working along and helping in getting desired results. Anyone with coding skills can join this project and since it will be a collaboration among the developers. It will soon become a donation thread, and everything will be shared equally among everyone. I am going to send invites and requests to all the chefs and coders on SGS II forum tomrrow, hopefully some will follow and update the thread.

BETA USERS

Since this project cannot be achieved unless there are users who are actually helping in the development by sending in the bug reports and information on whats working and whats not, anyone who is willing to give this a whirl can send a pm to me and i will send you the information about the project and how to become a beta user. NO MORE BETA USER REQUEST PLEASE !!!

IRC CHANNEL

An official channel for this port has been made available on the IRC and if anyone wants to join or help with the port is free to come and join. You can join us at #GalaxySense and we are located on chat.freenode.net

PROGRESS

Once we have a working Sense UI on the devices, alpha beta and then RC builds will be released. Depending on the time frame it will be hard to say when the progress will start and when we will start looking at the complete picture. So please be pateint and wait for the post to be updated. I hope to see the port completed in two months time. It may take a bit more, but once we have a working port it will be released to the beta users and then the general public ( xda members) :D .
    Lead TEAM :

DEVELOPERS : kenia1234 :D, helicopter88 :D , pulser_g2 :D:D, rafyvitto :D:D

I am urging more developers to step in, and help with the port as it would be easier and faster if we will work together and help port the UI as soon as possible.

BETA USERS : tids2k :D, lolmensch :p, GalaxyHacker :p

GRAPHICS/THEMERS
    INSTALLATION GUIDE.

***** IMPORTANT *******

Make sure to do a complete backup of your rom as well as of your /efs as this is going to be a beta testing, so you are at risk. Do not complain if your phone does not restart I have not done anything to your phone, You volunteered for it. Though we might be able to get the phone back from the dead. Also make sure you save all your data, before flashing this rom as it will wipe everything. :D

• Copy the file to the Internal SD Card in your phone.
    • Reboot your phone to CWM recovery mode.
    • Select wipe cache/factory reset'
      [*]Select wipe cache partiton.
    • Then go to mounts and storage
    • Unmount /system-> Format /system -> Mount /system
    • Unmount /cache-> Format /cache-> Mount /cache
    • Finally go back and Select Install zip from sdcard.
    • FLASH IT !!
    Well, as a dev I would like to step up and help.