[7/29/09]23016/23016/6.1/6.5/Rhodium/Regular/Concept WCX Series/YouTube *CLOSED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
W

Wild Child

6rn7o3.jpg

1zpr72t.gif
2z9i92r.gif
sn32wp.gif

23016 WC15X Rhodium ........................23016 WC15X Regular .......................23016 WC15X Concept

Descriptions:
1.) Regular....Plain ole 6.5 with many applications.
2.) Rhodium....Pure manila basically no x1 applications
3.) Concept....6.5 with manila undertones... comm manager,enhanced message notifications,dialer etc.
4.)6.1 Rhodium....Pure Rhodium over 6.1...very stable and very bug free

ETA:....ALL LINKS REMOVED CLOSED....

Releases.......
23016/23016 Series Stable....Updating 07/29/09
23008/23008 Series Stable....Updating 07/21/09
WC12X 6.1 Rhodium Stable....Updated 07/02/09
23004/23004 Series Stable....Updated 07/09/09
21905/21820 Series Stable....Updated 06/28/09
21815 Series Stable....Updated 06/21/09
21812 LOADED/Stable....Updated 06/19/09
21812 Rhodium LOADED/Stable....Updated 06/19/09
21812 Concept LOADED/Stable....Updated 06/19/09
R3 Tweaked/Stable....
21051 R3 LOADED/Stable....

Remember guys/girls....these rom's contain many pre-released beta components so there may be tiny glitches....I have pretty much ironed out the major glitches,many things may be fixed with final releases.But I will continue to try to fix what has been reported.;)

If you have been testing various roms, I would suggest hard resetting your device.

This rom is a combined effort...thanks to:

shingers5(my one and only beta tester)for all the bug reports,and pushing me to better this thing when I was ready to give up on it.....without your nagging me this wouldnt have been possible.....thanks bro!!

gtrab for late night msn support questions.

jerpelea for his outstanding kitchen and his support of my dumb questions.

Bxsteez for him starting me doing this and helping me with my first rom.

These rom's are done solely for my pleasure,no donations (monetary no,help yes)are accepted.

These rom's are tested thoroughly...hense why the longer period of time between releases to ensure that most if not all bugs are covered or found and acknowledged.
Thank you for the positive feedback on my work....many hours are spent doing these...click the reputation button
:p:D:cool:

Last edited:
W

Wild Child

Reserved....

Whats New:

New 6.1 1.19 Rhodium ROM....

New 1.19 Rhodium ROM....

New Concept ROM....6.5 with all the manila goodies....

Topaz OpenVG Drivers (6.5 roms only)

Advanced Configuration Tool 3.3

IT Tools

PIM Backup

Screen Capture

Skype Mobile 3.0b

Slick

Softreset

Synchro Time

WebTV

FingerKeyb 2.1 WVGA

R3 Camera w/geotagging

hTorch 3.2

MMSfix

Touch Response Enhanced Sensitivity

Xtrakt 3D Game Regular rom only

All Sony Panels

R2/R3 Panel Manager

FM Radio

MP3 Trimmer

RSS Hub

Zip

SIPChange

New IE w/zoom

New Opera

Media Xperience Panel

AOL IM

Yahoo IM

Skyfire

Tom Tom Navigation with voice add on ***Updated***

New MS Facebook

Cyberon Voice Speed Dial

HTC Voice Recorder

Pocket RAR

IGO 8 Panel (Regular)

You Tube Stand Alone Application ****WORKING****

SMS/MMS****WORKING**** No need to install fix

Jet Cet Printing Application

Various speed tweaks...

WC

Last edited:
W

Wild Child

Known Issues Sorta....

Known issues:

WC12X Regular:
None reported

WC12X Rhodium:
Lag in Photo viewer:Fixed

WC12X Concept:
Opera may not automatically close when you tap the "X"
Activesync running in backround....fix in thread...SEARCH
Some panels may not work if added.....this is due to this being based on non X1 drivers and applications.

Not sure if its a bug or the sony wap site was acting up but the buttons on the default start ie page weren't going to the site, most people dont use that anyway, but needed to be said(Only in Regular ROM).
SMS\MMS issue landscape issue when switching screens....

These are already tweaked for speed....wouldn't suggest messing with the performance in Advanced configuration tool....just a suggestion....enjoy:D

Three things I would suggest installing are these:

Raiisak's 600k: Enables you to send bigger picture messages.
MMS Fix: Fixes the pictures coming in so small for the most part.
Enable MultiSelect for 21051 6.1 rom

TomTom voice add on, instructions for installation are included in rar.

Attachments

• MMSfix.cab
    1.8 KB · Views: 327
Last edited:

shingers5

Inactive Recognized Contributor
yes yes WC release fully loaded is here. bit of an underdog as Gtrab released earlier but a worthy contender. i've been using for 2 days solid and will post what i used and how they work, what didnt work if any. please be constructive in any criticism. these roms are not released for comparison but to offer people a choice. i use and flash every rom released and use for a few days solid. flashing new roms is like a drug. best way to feed my habit is to befriend the cooks and test as much as i can. I LOVE IT!
:D

Last edited:

shingers5

Test Report

1. initial boot ok. copy&paste demo included
2. i normally skip time and zone setup to speed up boot as can change later using clock settings on home screen
3. batt icon link to settings bug still there
4. conn setup occurs twice but if you set up previously should just cancel 2nd one after reboot.
5. HTC black is there along with sony x1 silver and black among others
6. customised home screen okay with weather, opera, facebook, office and twitter tabs
7. IE6 works as per normal. flash vids a bit choppy but work fine if pause initial playback and let full vid load. full screen supported
8. most common apps are there including one of my faves mp3 trimmer
9. RSS hub works
10. web tv plays via WMP but i didnt actually get a picture even though it buffered and showed 'playing' status. could be my connection was problem
11. facebook works as well as skyfire
12. TomTom 7 tested and works. full gps signal but seemed slow to acquire signal 1st time round but after locked on virtually straight away
13. synced hotmail via messenger and also synced gmail. set for 2 hrs intervals and no issues yet
14. Opera is as standard. no flash in Opera on this build. aexobjects.xml need tweaking
15. Youtube standalone app not working still. error 'cannot play video' comes up. other apps youtube by google and youtubeplay work fine. youtubeplay is my personal fave after stand alone app!
16. tried iplayer stand alone app but it doesn't run and exits when loading vid. plays via tcmp or core player. had it working on diff rom and its fab. it actually downloads the vids and stores them if you wanna watch later
17. MMS works but slight delay when resizing pic to insert in message. screen blacks out. only for a sec and also wen click to send.
PHEW if i forgot anything will add later but for the apps i have used so far no major issues

Last edited:
W

Wild Child

Some of these may be resolved with the newest build just posted...time to beat up the rom again....thanks for the report.

WC

1. initial boot ok. copy&paste demo included
2. i normally skip time and zone setup to speed up boot as can change later using clock settings on home screen
3. batt icon link to settings bug still there
4. conn setup occurs twice but if you set up previously should just cancel 2nd one after reboot.
5. HTC black is there along with sony x1 silver and black among others
6. customised home screen okay with weather, opera, facebook, office and twitter tabs
7. IE6 works as per normal. flash vids a bit choppy but work fine if pause initial playback and let full vid load. full screen supported
8. most common apps are there including one of my faves mp3 trimmer
9. RSS hub works
10. web tv plays via WMP but i didnt actually get a picture even though it buffered and showed 'playing' status. could be my connection was problem
11. facebook works as well as skyfire
12. TomTom 7 tested and works. full gps signal but seemed slow to acquire signal 1st time round but after locked on virtually straight away
13. synced hotmail via messenger and also synced gmail. set for 2 hrs intervals and no issues yet
14. Opera is as standard. no flash in Opera on this build. aexobjects.xml need tweaking
15. Youtube standalone app not working still. error 'cannot play video' comes up. other apps youtube by google and youtubeplay work fine. youtubeplay is my personal fave after stand alone app!
16. tried iplayer stand alone app but it doesn't run and exits when loading vid. plays via tcmp or core player. had it working on diff rom and its fab. it actually downloads the vids and stores them if you wanna watch later
17. MMS works but slight delay when resizing pic to insert in message. screen blacks out. only for a sec and also wen click to send.
PHEW if i forgot anything will add later but for the apps i have used so far no major issues

obalia73

Oct 28, 2008
Beijing
Looks great!

Looks Great but megadownload mirror not working!
Hard to flash without it ;)
But looking forward to a flash soon as mirror working

obalia73

Oct 28, 2008
Beijing
Thanks!

Thank you so much!

Did try it before but did not work then!

But can be my internet maybe! This time worked perfectly!

Looking forward to trying it out!

Really looks great!

Happy to have cooks like you here!!!!

A Really greatful Obalia...

Donation coming as soon home from China

khalilsemaan

Dec 2, 2008
Beirut
scrolling...

tested your rom and its great!!

only problem, please dont put touch flo scrolling or xperia scrolling in the next one,,,, winmo 6.5 scrolling engine is MUCH better than the both of them!!!

also, when i played around with the themes like u said, i ended up with the old winmo 6.1 sized items (like in file explorer,, messaging and so on..)
6.5 has much better finger friendly icons, so also please dont include any winmo 6.1 themes in the next one..

Thanks alot!!!

dineshh

Feb 2, 2006
Nice Fast ROM

Fast Nice ROM.

Can you provide link for having WINMO 6.5 Scrolling?

Further how do we change SIP options from MaxKey to anyother option

Pls provide info

Dinesh

W

Wild Child

The old scrolling would have to be taken out, change the keyboard by going into sip change and selecting keyboard.

WC

Fast Nice ROM.

Can you provide link for having WINMO 6.5 Scrolling?

Further how do we change SIP options from MaxKey to anyother option

Pls provide info

Dinesh

W

Wild Child

The way I had to put them into the rom makes it revert back to the same squared look as 6.1....as they did not work properly the way they innitially came in the os....so I chose to have them all work as oppposed to none of them working....

WC

tested your rom and its great!!

only problem, please dont put touch flo scrolling or xperia scrolling in the next one,,,, winmo 6.5 scrolling engine is MUCH better than the both of them!!!

also, when i played around with the themes like u said, i ended up with the old winmo 6.1 sized items (like in file explorer,, messaging and so on..)
6.5 has much better finger friendly icons, so also please dont include any winmo 6.1 themes in the next one..

Thanks alot!!!

Last edited:
W

Wild Child

No way to donate...lol...I aint doing this for donation's, I do this for fun....Thanks though....

WC

Thank you so much!

Did try it before but did not work then!

But can be my internet maybe! This time worked perfectly!

Looking forward to trying it out!

Really looks great!

Happy to have cooks like you here!!!!

A Really greatful Obalia...

Donation coming as soon home from China

shingers5

been using rom all day and yes YOUTUBE works even after reset or installing apps. high five to WC for his hard work in doing something that troubled others. sms/mms works without the fix needed previously. i have installed Showaco latest weather panel, facebook, twitter, office and opera faves. all working wihtout issues. email sync hotmail and gmail not issues. googlemaps and tomtom7 spot on with gps. excellent work guys.

ROM is banging and i love it to the hilt. WC man you rock! :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.